Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

310 Dying
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 310 is starting to die I fear and doubt it will make it through another season. I don't much care about swim metrics and use a 510 for the bike - so would I be best just getting a 620? Or should I still look at the 910? Or the Fenix?

-Tanner
Perseverance wins.
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [yieeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yieeman wrote:
My Garmin 310 is starting to die I fear and doubt it will make it through another season. I don't much care about swim metrics and use a 510 for the bike - so would I be best just getting a 620? Or should I still look at the 910? Or the Fenix?

all good choices- depends on what you need/want in features. The 620 is a great runner's watch. What I like about the Garmin's is that you can program custom workouts in it, they have virtual partner and virtual racer functions, the 620 has a vibration alarm. All good features.
you may not care much about swim metrics- but it sure is nice to have a watch that counts laps for you- so, the 620 won't do that (although it is waterproof).

I'd say the 910 is great... if you don't have a 510. But, since you've already got a good bike computer, it is a bit of overkill. Also- the 910 isn't a 'watch'. yeah you can turn off the GPS and set it up so that it displays the time... but really; it's not a watch.

nice thing about the Fenix vs the 620, is battery life and Navigation.

Other watch to consider... the Suunto Ambit 2. Kind of like a mixture between the Fenix and the 910. Best feature of the Ambit is that it's stable and everything just works. And it's a watch. Oh- and there are apps for everything. i don't know what it is with garmin, but the Garmin Connect web site seems to be forever down, inaccessible and having problems. The Suunto site always works. Their watches don't freeze up and the functions work. It's sorta' a breath of fresh air after years of becoming an expert on how to reset my gamins.

There are no wrong choices- just different choices, depending on your need.
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or buy another 310. I picked up a refurbished pretty cheap.

TEAMFIREFIGHTER.com
STRIVE Omni Sport.com
Get Busy Living - or - Get Busy Dying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After two 305's I got a 910XT two years ago when they first came out and I have been very happy with it. I would strongly recommend it. Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [rvt210] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rvt210 wrote:
Or buy another 310. I picked up a refurbished pretty cheap.

+1

You can get them new for ~ $160.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they will do an out of warranty replace for 80 bucks I believe, take a week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you choose, remember the 910xt has poor power signal luck up on the wrist.... So either be happy taking it off your wrist and mounting to bars blah blah... Or run 500 on the bike ... Or similar..
Garmin still hasn't fixed the and I doubt they will.... Too busy focusing on the next model rather than making the products they already sold do what they said they would..... Off soap box now....

In summary, garmin make the 910 be a simple watch and record power data from cranks when on the wrist ...... And hurry up please!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:
Whatever you choose, remember the 910xt has poor power signal luck up on the wrist.... So either be happy taking it off your wrist and mounting to bars blah blah... Or run 500 on the bike ... Or similar..
Garmin still hasn't fixed the and I doubt they will.... Too busy focusing on the next model rather than making the products they already sold do what they said they would..... Off soap box now....

In summary, garmin make the 910 be a simple watch and record power data from cranks when on the wrist ...... And hurry up please!!!

That's news to me. I've never had a single problem with the 910 on my wrist recording power. It works flawlessly for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yieeman wrote:

If you are just going to use it for running, why not look at the new Suunto Ambit2R?
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
and use a 510 for the bike

All he needs is a running watch.

I'd suggest just getting another 310. You know exactly how it works, and it is really dang cheap - $80 for a refurb exchange! If you want the fanciness of something new, compare/contrast the 220 and 620.
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
they will do an out of warranty replace for 80 bucks I believe, take a week

OP, if you are not interested in doing this (Highly recommend), I'll pay you S/H to have you send the watch to me so I can send it to Garmin for a refurb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just use our 500's for running:

http://www.amazon.com/...ng-Kit/dp/B0009PUJV6

You can use the watch strap, the only thing it doesn't do is pace, but it does speed so you can just do the math on your own.

Anyways, thats the 20 dollar option. Looks geeky though ;-)

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: 310 Dying [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the info. Never thought of the refurb option - think that is the direction I will go. Cheers!

-Tanner
Perseverance wins.
Quote Reply