Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2XU tri suits
Quote | Reply
Hi all ST'ers,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2XU tri suit(2XU Comp Full Zip Sleeved Trisuit), but as I can't find any reviews (except 220, which calls it suit of the year 2018), i hoped someone on here could chime in. I'm also all open to hear other suggestions!
It ticks all my requirements.: Sleeves, some type of back/side pockets, what looks to be a decent pad and not just a fleece pad and an easy way of going to the toilet.

For those that have have used it or last years version:
  • Do you find enough comfort in the pad for IM distance races?
  • Do you find that there is enough freedom in the shoulders for the swim?
  • Lastly, as I'm a rather tall guy, how is the length, on the legs?

For others also reading:
  • With the above mentioned criteria, have i overlooked any other suits? (I know desoto makes one, that is just right as well, but it is simply way too expensive to import sadly).

Quote Reply
Re: 2XU tri suits [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a 2XU (sleeveless), and I don't do long course. Like you, though, I'm tall (6'3). The legs on mine come down to just above the knee.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU tri suits [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LundyLund wrote:
I use a 2XU (sleeveless), and I don't do long course. Like you, though, I'm tall (6'3). The legs on mine come down to just above the knee.

6ft 4 myself good to hear. In what size would that be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That will depend on the girth of your shoulders/chest. I determined I was between a medium and a large, and went with medium. Fits great.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU tri suits [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We ordered these for our tri team. Yes, it is fine for IM distance and there is no noticeable shoulder impingement on swim. They are great. 6'1" 165lbs. Medium.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU tri suits [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
We ordered these for our tri team. Yes, it is fine for IM distance and there is no noticeable shoulder impingement on swim. They are great. 6'1" 165lbs. Medium.

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for commenting, that is very reassuring. I guess in general that the wetsuit will always be much more restricting that tri suit anyway. But good to know the pad is ok for long distance!

Seems like i will fit right into a L with 6'4 and 175/177 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to 2XU, but I LOVE my Castelli Free San Remo. I'm 6', 178 and a Large for reference. I wear it sleeves up under the wetsuit with no issues, and it just disappears on the bike and run. I've only raced up Olympic distance but can't imagine I'd have any issues with longer distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you log into your USAT membership, there is a discount code for 2XU. Click on your Profile, then on member discounts, then on Exclusive Sponsor discounts.
Quote Reply
Re: 2XU tri suits [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
I can't speak to 2XU, but I LOVE my Castelli Free San Remo. I'm 6', 178 and a Large for reference. I wear it sleeves up under the wetsuit with no issues, and it just disappears on the bike and run. I've only raced up Olympic distance but can't imagine I'd have any issues with longer distances.

Thanks for trowing it in (i think) ;) . THe castelly suit, is it "open" in the middle like the 2xu, as in, you can do quick bio breaks?
Quote Reply