Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today!
Quote | Reply
Not my cup of tea, that's for sure.

24hr velodrome speed record attempt today at midday BST. By the same guy who holds the record for LEJOG both ways (as in, there and back) in something nuts like 5 and a bit days.

https://www.projectkansas.org/
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://en.wikipedia.org/...t_of_cycling_records

Christoph Strasser set the indoor track record at 585.252 miles (941.872 km) at Velodrome Suisse, Grenchen, Switzerland on 14–15 October 2017

If my math is right, he's going to need to average over 24.4mph for 24 hours to do so. Rather unbelievable for those of us who can't average that for an hour. Hope his saddle is not too high and tire pressure is right.

Good luck to him.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is aiming to hold 40kph which is 24.8mph. Oomph.
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannot fathom this. I've done a block of bike touring doing around 10 hours a day and it destroyed me. Pray for his taint. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it! ;)

Over 3768 times around the track to beat the current record.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he get to whiz on the track?

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attempt done? Live stream doesn't seem to be up.
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks as if it is still going. Stream is working for me, links to the live YouTube video. The analytics are very cool.

That's said I'm totally confused. On the web page it said the attempt would start 12:00 BST which I took to be midday over here. On the video it shows 12hr35m in to the attempt, which doesn't add up.

Also it shows current speed 35kph but average 49kph. That's nuts, you can do 20mins for a 10 at that pace. So I'm not sure I'm reading it right!

Gonna jump over to the UK TT forum and see if I can make any sense out of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok ignore me, it was stopped. Not sure what I've been watching on YT.

24 Hour Record Guy on fb wrote:
Sorry guys, but after 20 months of preparation the 24hr record pretty much ended on the back straight at 40kph. It had been really hot earlier and I had spilled water on the track, then found it again later on! I did try for the 1000km record and was on it but the savage pace of the 24 and my injuries from the crash were too much after stopping for 30mins to treat them. Thanks to everyone that made this happen, you were amazing. And thanks for all the support online and in Newport. What a day! Sorry it ended the way it did.
Quote Reply
Re: 24hr velodrome record attempt. And you thought you were doing something hard today! [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Does he get to whiz on the track?

I guess whizzing on the track could have been a very bad result too.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply