Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

24 or 26s on Roval CLX64s
Quote | Reply
Hey guys -

Picking up my new Venge Pro today. Upgraded wheels to CLX64s and will pair them with Turbo Cottons / latex tubes.

Wanted to ask what the consensus is on the best tire width with them. I recall reading that they were designed around 26s, but on a couple of threads here, people have recommended 24s.

Thoughts?

TIA!

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Re: 24 or 26s on Roval CLX64s [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:
Hey guys -

Picking up my new Venge Pro today. Upgraded wheels to CLX64s and will pair them with Turbo Cottons / latex tubes.

Wanted to ask what the consensus is on the best tire width with them. I recall reading that they were designed around 26s, but on a couple of threads here, people have recommended 24s.

Thoughts?

TIA!

Whichever ones satisfy the 105% rule. That is that the wheel near the rim is at least 105% of the width of the tire. In a gp5000, that's a 23c where the tire measures 26mm. The rim is 27.5mm

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26s will be really wide on those rims as the rims are already really wide. If you are asking for performance I would probably go with a 24 up front and maybe a 26 on back. If you don't care about performance (speed) then I would go with 26 on both.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 24 or 26s on Roval CLX64s [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
26s will be really wide on those rims as the rims are already really wide. If you are asking for performance I would probably go with a 24 up front and maybe a 26 on back. If you don't care about performance (speed) then I would go with 26 on both.

Buying this bike purely for speed, as i have a Lynskey for slow long days.

I found the Spesh page on the CLX64s says that they were designed around 24s, so that reinforces what you said.

24s it is, then.

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Buying this bike purely for speed, as i have a Lynskey for slow long days.

I found the Spesh page on the CLX64s says that they were designed around 24s, so that reinforces what you said.

24s it is, then.

Yep, I would say 24s then, they will already feel like 26s on regular rims.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply