Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

24,935 miles to date
Quote | Reply
The quest for 25,000 is nearly complete. Obviously...much...no a ton of reflection to do here. Barring an act of God I will cross 25,000 tomorrow....and keep going. I believe Strava will say about 25,150 for 2020.

It's been a great ride. I'm not close to perfect. Always learning. Always driven to become better at everything. Especially motivated in 2021 to remember what's the most important. Especially my wife!

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! That's an amazing achievement. I recently hit my goal of 10,000 bike miles and I was happy with it. Do you bike and run? How many hours is this?
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try to do a big detailed "what it takes" and "my mistakes" here shortly, but to reply....

I no longer run and swim. I do about 6 weight training sessions per week in addition to riding. My cycling hours will be just a hair short of 1200. And again....to allude to real life reality...that's not necessarily brag worthy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey great job on hitting 25k. I was wondering what gps/computer you are using to record it all. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. This must be 3.5 hrs every day all year. If you miss a day you need a 7 hrs day to catch up. If you get a stretch of crap weather you head out anyway for 3.5 hrs of misery. This is very impressive since there is also so much weather dependence and having the mental fortitude to embrace it regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
I will try to do a big detailed "what it takes" and "my mistakes" here shortly, but to reply....

I'd certainly like to read on what was good / bad / ugly and how you scheduled yourself to achieve this, what kind of sessions, how you fitted it in around the rest of life, and (if it's not intruding too much) what you do when not on the bike, family, etc etc. Also how much indoors vs outdoors (and where roughly you are to put the weather aspect into it).

For a variety of excuses, I've not reached 10% of that this year on the bike. (But despite losing 4 months of no swimming due to covid closures of both indoor and outdoor) have got about as much miles in swimming as before.

So I'd love to hear all about how you went about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:

I no longer run and swim. I do about 6 weight training sessions per week in addition to riding. My cycling hours will be just a hair short of 1200. And again....to allude to real life reality...that's not necessarily brag worthy.

I'd like to read on what you use/spend on bike maintenance for this mileage: how many tubes, tires, chains, lube, tune-ups, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is *insane*!! (In a good way!)

I won't put 25k on my *car* this year, and I drive a bunch for work!

Super impressive!!
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
That is *insane*!! (In a good way!)

I won't put 25k on my *car* this year, and I drive a bunch for work!

Super impressive!!

I just realized that my car distance 11,000km + bike 8000km + run 3200km + swim 800km combined (23000km) don't add up in kilometers to what he did in miles! If I add my air miles which was a single leg Ottawa-Dubai-Mumbai return (24000km), then I bare surpassed his total which is 40000km but I needed a full long haul flight leg to get enough mileage.

To put this in perspective 25,000 miles or 40,000km is the circumference of this earth. I don't know if he was trying for that, but he did it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should change the thread title to "full tour of earth test ride on bike XYZ".

No one on ST cares about actual humans doing sport, they just care about hardware on toys, so focus on what the toy did, not the human and we might get some interaction on this massive achievement.

A picture of the bike and noting that in the thread title may drive up interaction around here. Mention if you went tubeless or latex tubes, what tires, their Crr and what power meter. Also make sure that you point out if this was done on disc brakes.

If Cervelo is included in the thread title whether it was on a Cervelo or no it will multiply engagement 10x. Maybe something like "full tour of earth test ride on non Cervelo bike"
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You should change the thread title to "full tour of earth test ride on bike XYZ".

No one on ST cares about actual humans doing sport, they just care about hardware on toys, so focus on what the toy did, not the human and we might get some interaction on this massive achievement.

A picture of the bike and noting that in the thread title may drive up interaction around here. Mention if you went tubeless or latex tubes, what tires, their Crr and what power meter. Also make sure that you point out if this was done on disc brakes.

If Cervelo is included in the thread title whether it was on a Cervelo or no it will multiply engagement 10x. Maybe something like "full tour of earth test ride on non Cervelo bike"

Maybe get an oblique mention of Lionel in there for maximum clicks ? 🤣
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats a mile?

I am a bad runner.
I met Javier Gomez once.
I don't speak in miles.
I have opinions.
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [Megaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Megaman wrote:
Whats a mile?

A proper measurement of distance. 😎
Quote Reply
Re: 24,935 miles to date [Megaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
24,985. The quest ends.....in about 2 hours :) The journey never ends.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
24,985. The quest ends.....in about 2 hours :) The journey never ends.

Awesome. Keep it up. This is huge. Well done!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a couple for you Dev:

#rideHEDwheels

or

#TrekProjectOne

Or

#organicPureFuel

Or

@ApexCyclingTeam

The "things" part will come just for you....haha!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing, congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:

Congrats on an epic year on the bike... very impressive.

Def interested in this... I am looking at 10K miles as a target next year and wondering how to fit I all in. Would like to learn from your experience this year.
Last edited by: TheRhino: Dec 29, 20 14:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25,011!

0.0 miles ridden with tubes :)

**except 2 times to get home with monster puctures**

:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
25,011!

0.0 miles ridden with tubes :)

**except 2 times to get home with monster puctures**

:)

One loop of planet earth in 363 days. Chapeau. I wonder if you biked more than Primoz Roglic. I think a solid protour year is 30,000 to 40,000 km or at least those were the ranges I used to see in the mid 80s where I closely followed the old Renault Elf and La Vie Claire pro Cycling teams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you taking a two day taper now before the next lap of planet earth and if so, is the next lap a swim-run, a full triathlon lap, or a full on running lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No...lol.

25,117. Not. Done. Yet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
No...lol.

25,117. Not. Done. Yet!

Are you saying you need a 100+ mile day today to officially complete one loop of planet earth? Did I bait you into upping your goal with stupid training banter on ST. If so this is my ultimate contribution to the forum (get people to exercise more).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a lot of tires.

Seriously how many tires did you go through?
Quote Reply