Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
20lb Weight loss challenge
Quote | Reply
I challenge Kentiger to join me in losing 20lbs by April 15th, 2006.

If I lose (i.e don’t drop the 20), I'll do a tri.

If Kent loses......

Wadya say Kent?

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there should be 2 weigh ins.

1) lose the said 20 lbs by April 15th, 2006.

2) reweigh in July 15th, 2006 to see who kept off more weight

and number 2 being the bet that really counts. this keeps crash/liquid only diets from winning out right.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm down 30lbs since April 2005 and gunning for another 15-20 by July 2006...IMLP race weight goal...I think Kent needs/has to do this.

And if Kent loses...he does something longer than a TAT...

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit I could stand to lose 20 myself. I have no self control when it comes to chocolate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

If I lose (i.e don’t drop the 20), I'll do a tri.

That would be pretty bad huh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I've met Kentiger, and I don't think he has 20 lbs to lose. Maybe you don't either. Are you guys trying to become anorexic or something? Let's see some pictures...

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bottomfeeder once went 7 days without eating on a tibetian retreat. You guys better listen to him.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lost it already. But Christmas is coming up and there is chocolate to be eaten!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [jonny dough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the subsequent weigh in

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bottomfeeder once went 7 days without eating on a tibetian retreat. You guys better listen to him.
says half-starved skeleton man.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 158 in 2001 at the World Du's in Italy. I'm 180 now & aiming for 160.

Sorry I don't have any pics as I need a Brando wide angle lens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance I could get in on this?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Misery loves company. You are most welcome to join :-)

If you don't make the cut, what will be your penalty? I want to make this fun & motivational.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My penalty?? Hmm I could attend a large local group ride in a tutu. Though that may be a little too much motivation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the goal is to lose 20+ pounds by April 15th and keep it off or lose more by July 15th?

I'll join in the fun if you'll let me. I could use some more motivation to help get rid of this post hip injury weight that is lingering.
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [BNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah the peer pressure of others doing the right thing for their bodies. I'd like to join as well if I'm welcome - need to come up with an adequate punishment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!!!!!!!!!! I need motivation!!!!!!!!!!! So every Monday we have a check in!? You don't have to report your progress, but just a chance for any of us participating to seek support from the others!?
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks and I live in the same area, so we can monitor the other if something humiliating needs to be done! :)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So....it's come to this huh Speedy. Calling me out into the public domain. I thought that we had a gentlemans agreement when we spoke on the phone...but now this. This hurts man...to the core. You, me, and 20 pounds (not even sure that is possible..but I know I need to do it) before April whatever? Why then btw? I'd better have lost at least that if I'm to hang with you at ATB in March.
Alright then...game is on...we using your scale or mine? Or we just go on the honour system? I'll go weigh in right now and post it up here for all the tri world to see as motivation that it needs to get done.
While we're at it...what are you doing on New Years day? Need some open water swim practice?
You'll pay for this btw...you'll pay indeed.
And bottom feeder..thanks for the vote of confidence up there man. Sad truth is since the Sharkeys 5km back in October I haven't done diddly and 20lbs could easily come off this frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested in getting in. I've lost about 35 lbs over the past year (from 213 to 178), I'd love to see the 150's again before my first HIM!! Humiliating motivation will have to be determined.

Bob

What the mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve!
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [rstocks3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get over yourself rstocks3...you lost enough already. No way in hell you could lose another 20. And surely not before middle of April. Who did you think you were kidding trying to get in on this?
;-) ;-) ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright you land lubbing dog...here it is. Just got off my scale in the skivvies to make it real (I might have felt like Mike Tyson at a pre fight weigh in but I sure as hell don't look like him. I have all my own teeth {sort of} and most of my original brain cells {so why I took the bait on this I'll never know})
December 13, 2005 7:56PM Eastern time
In this corner...wearing the (none of your damned business)
This 36yr old is hailing from Hamilton Ontario Canada he stands 5 feet and 8 inches in height and weighs in at (damn...this hurts..but no excuses I am where I am and that is about to change) one hundred and ninety one and one half pounds
ladies and gentlemen.......KENTIGER!!! Tigerrrrrrrrr!

So Speedy one....there it is...here's a pic of the last race of my 2005 Multisport season (hopefully Mike Cheliaks website will allow it in exchange for media exposure of his wonderful photographic prowess
http://www.mikecheliak.com/...lbum=168&pos=381
Last edited by: Kentiger: Dec 13, 05 17:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KK,

WHY do YOU feel YOU need to lose weight????

- Your agent

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: 20lb Weight loss challenge [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds like a secret challenge gone public, but since it HAS gone public, can I join in?? The more the merrier (and more peer pressure) don't you think? 20 pounds is about what I need to lose too, maybe April is pushing it, but heck, I'm willing to give it a try.

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in too. I tend to add considerably to my "cosmetic bulk" (as Dev calls it) every winter. In 2004 on Feb 1 I was 191 lbs at 6 ft and by summer I was down to 169lbs and stayed there until after I raced in Kona. This year, my plan is to take it down to 165lbs for Muskoka and IMLP so this might help with the motivation .... although I think I'll wait on my official weigh in until after all the Christmas and New Year parties have passed :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next