Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2021 US races - most limited entry
Quote | Reply
What percentage of 2021 races will sell out from 2020 deferrals? Ive been interested in doing another full- and was eyeing IM California. Apparently I wasn’t watching close enough because I missed registering when it opened and now only foundation slots available. Same with most other full races in North America that I’m interested in: Canada, Wisconsin, Coeur d'Alene, Chattanooga. Anyone else in this pickle? Like the old days of IM selling out :)
Last edited by: ltaylor108: Nov 8, 20 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 US races - most limited entry [ltaylor108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking at 70.3 races for next year and I feel your pain, I am resigned to wait for Lubbock 70.3 at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2021 looks far away from a normal season. Boston Marathon and other races were moved to autumn, for me this looks more like a delay of cancellation. I have some registrations deferred for 2021 but current dates of the events (not moved from spring to autumn) are making it hard to attend all of them. Some of them decided to shift 1-2 weeks from their traditional week and suddenly there isn't enough recovery time between them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this has been touched on in a couple other race/covid-related threads. my assumption, as soon as everything in 2020 got cancelled, was that yes it was going to be very tough or even impossible to get into 2021 races because of all the deferrals and general desire for people to make up for all the races they missed in 2020.

I'm going to go ahead and quote your own words, but yeah I don't think you were watching close enough. this shouldn't be a surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Texas and Tulsa will open soon for registration. You just have to be quick on the draw and not be too picky.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 US races - most limited entry [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texas already opened (i got the email oct 26) and is already sold out. only foundation spots left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tulsa is open! I registered for it before the price hike last month.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 US races - most limited entry [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.....IM website is bad off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to transfer my deferred entry for IMChatt to another race next year because the date doesn't work for me. There aren't any races to transfer into though.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
Wow.....IM website is bad off.

What browser are you using? It was hopeless for me using Safari. Worked fine on the others.
Last edited by: Traket92x: Nov 9, 20 10:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man...i tried to sign up for races that were open and almost everything is limited to foundation slots...

ended up registering for tulsa...i guess it is time to start training.
Quote Reply