Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2021 Cervelo S5 Shipping Advice
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

First post here. I am based in the US - NYC and going back to Australia for around 6 months whilst the US tries to get the Covid situation sorted. I am looking to ship my 2021 Cervelo S5 back to Aus and will be using Bike Flights (Unless there are some other suggestions) and I am looking to buy a decent bike case that will suit the S5. I have been looking at the B&W Bike Box II but am open to suggestions and recommendations on what would be suitable for my S5 size 56 and some accessories. Helmet, Shoes etc. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo S5 Shipping Advice [Loucatros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be careful... you might have to pay duty.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo S5 Shipping Advice [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jimatbeyond. My understanding was that Bike Flights would take care of all of the taxes etc. Also I am essentially taking my bike on holiday with me and not importing it into Aus or buying online and shipping it to Aus. Happy to hear more info on this as I dont want to get stung with additional fees when I arrive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you saying that BikeFlights is going to pay the duty for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not pay the duty but it says on the website the below:

Yes, you will see clearance fees listed as a separate line item when you search for and receive international shipping rates on BikeFlights.com. Anytime a shipment crosses an international border or goes to and from a U.S. Territory, it is subject to assessment for clearance (such as duties, taxes and brokerage fees). We prepay these fees to facilitate the customs clearance process. For some international shipments, recipients may be able to apply directly directly to customs to request a possible rebate of clearance fees that would be paid directly to the recipient. BikeFlights.com can not refund clearance fees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much does BikeFlights charge to ship the bike to Australia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Around $800 usd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it be less expensive to bring it on the plane with you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely thought of that but due to the craziness of the world I have to fly NYC - LAX - HNL - AKL - SYD. The chances of it getting damaged, lost or missing is high if I take it on the plane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I wouldn't take the bike with me if it cost $1,600 for the round trip.

I would buy a used bike in Australia and sell it when I had to leave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't take the bike with me if it cost $1,600 for the round trip.

I would buy a used bike in Australia and sell it when I had to leave.

Same
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo S5 Shipping Advice [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely understand what you guys are saying but I’ll be in Australia for at least 6 months and have just bought the S5 and don’t really want to put it in storage here in the US. I will definitely be taking it with me, just need to find the right box :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pray that it doesn't get damaged during shipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. I have insurance seperate to Bike Flights so its all covered. Also there is a possibility I may move back to Aus hence why its coming with me.
Quote Reply