Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX
Quote | Reply
Dear forum!

Do we have a place that lists the differences in these two bikes? I know in the past the aero bar was different, but I heard that 2021 model year, they have the same aero bar. I do not know if that is true. Are there other differences in the bikes other than the build options for the complete bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that’s cervelo.com

Aerobars are the same on the 2021 models, base bar it is not being the PX with the foldable model.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Yes, that’s cervelo.com

Aerobars are the same on the 2021 models, base bar it is not being the PX with the foldable model.

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen.

So essentially, aside from any aero differences in the base bar and the convenience of folding it for travel on the PX, the bars are the same with tilt on the arm pads?

And the frame shape and carbon type/layup are identical between P3X and PX 2021?

Cervelo.com doesn't make it explicit as they list items such as "P3X fork" versus "PX fork." I don't know if those are the same forks with two names as visually I can't see a difference!
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not dare to say they have the same exact carbon lay up but I do think so. The forms and frame sets between P3X and PX are indentical in shape, parts in storage and hydration etc.
Except for the foldable base bar system and components group sets.

But the EX10 tilt aerobar comes on 2021 P5 and P3X and PX, yes. Only a different base bar on the models.

And if traveling easy is on your mind wait until 10 - 15 Oct. when a new brand will be releasing its tri machine.

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Sep 29, 20 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
I would not dare to say they have the same exact carbon lay up but I do think so. The forms and frame sets between P3X and PX are indentical in shape, parts in storage and hydration etc.
Except for the foldable base bar system and components group sets.

But the EX10 tilt aerobar comes on 2021 P5 and P3X and PX, yes. Only a different base bar on the models.

And if traveling easy is on your mind wait until 10 - 15 Oct. when a new brand will be releasing its tri machine.

Jeroen

Yet another teaser from Jeroen. The suspense is killing me!
Major Mfg or startup?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, sorry for that. Like a lot of companies this as well struggles with Covid. The launch party that originally was scheduled had to be canceled due to that fact not too many people are allowed in one space.
I know that they invite media folks from Europe where they start from one at a time in time slots.

So that takes a few weeks of extra time unfortunately.....

But it is coming ;-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeroen
Do you already know the color schemes of the 2021 model?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean from the new bike? Or from the Cervelo P3X / PX?

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the PX/P3X

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, haven't seen it and to be honest it might take a while I think.
I have the feeling that companies that do not introduce a complete new model and that have some stock left might want to sell that stock first.

With having a almost -non-racing season I think some companies will introduce new colours on models when the racing picks up again and until that time sell their current models.
We will see this the same on other stuff like wetsuits and even groupsets like the new Dura Ace and Ultegra.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
We will see this the same on other stuff like wetsuits and even groupsets like the new Dura Ace and Ultegra.

Jeroen

Do you think the new DA groupset is ready to launch, but they're just waiting to clear some R9100 stock?
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I’ve heard the new DA will be no sooner here then about somewhere July ‘21. And I think that means around the TdF if that happens on the normal date.
Ultegra Di2 even later I suspect as the DA is always the first to be released.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeroen. I have a first gen P5x. Wondering if the new extensions on P5 and PX newer models are compatible?
If they do fit, my impression is wire routing would be also different. Any experience in this regard and advice you could pass on?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
No, haven't seen it and to be honest it might take a while I think.
I have the feeling that companies that do not introduce a complete new model and that have some stock left might want to sell that stock first.

With having a almost -non-racing season I think some companies will introduce new colours on models when the racing picks up again and until that time sell their current models.

Jeroen

Then I will look if there are some nice end of season deals for a frameset

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone with any updates on the expected release date of the 2021 px series?
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [Mbellis5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think they might just not update the px and p3x bikes this year?

Its strange they released all their other models and so have most other major manufacturers... but no word from cervelo.

I was debating the px or the canyon speedmax cfr... sold my old speedmax in September expecting new bikes to drop in october...ish... now the only bike thats on my list I can't even attempt to buy till Feb.

Someone has to have some rumors on whats up.

Kinda miss my p5-six.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:
Do you think they might just not update the px and p3x bikes this year?

Its strange they released all their other models and so have most other major manufacturers... but no word from cervelo.

I was debating the px or the canyon speedmax cfr... sold my old speedmax in September expecting new bikes to drop in october...ish... now the only bike thats on my list I can't even attempt to buy till Feb.

Someone has to have some rumors on whats up.

Kinda miss my p5-six.

I ended up going with Canyon and anticipate shipment Jan 4 for my CFR SLX.
Further conversations with Cervelo people in Taiwan have resulted in still no clear timetable for bikes or if they will be updated or the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mbellis5 wrote:

Does anyone has some info ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
Mbellis5 wrote:

Does anyone has some info ?

maybe it's being discontinued; too many arguments over "should i get a p5d or a px?" across the internet.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021 Cervelo P3x vs PX [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, its not discontinued, i’m pretty sure about that.
But.....being Cervelo or any other big brand in tri and you have had already 1 season of no racing and facing another of at least very limited racing at best, Shimano releasing new Ult.Di2 and DA Di2 ( most likely wireless and 12 speed) they you are not bringing your high end models before June.
If they did the groupsets would be ‘old’ in just 3 to 4 months.

I don’t expect them before sept/oct this year.

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Feb 8, 21 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any info about the not available framesets or complete bikes ? Temporarily?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the EU nothing available, just some left in the complete P3X in the blue/yelow and the PX in the blueish color.

Jeroen

Quote Reply