Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2020 Speed Concept Factory Racing Frame Color??
Quote | Reply
Absolutely loved Tim O’Donnell’s black to navy blue fade with chrome trek logo Speed Concept at Challenge Daytona this weekend. I’m in the market for a tri-bike and I’m pretty set on the Speed Concept, but it doesn’t look like that frame color way is an option in the ProjectONE shop. Anyone know if that blue to black fade with chrome logo is going to be available to the public this year? See attached pic straight off the trek factory racing website.
Last edited by: sboyer27: Dec 7, 20 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Speed Concept Factory Racing Frame Color?? [sboyer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the colorways the Trek pros race aren't available to the public. I agree that chrome accents are a good look on bikes. Your best bet might be if TO rides your size and offering to buy it off him ;)

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just don't go with neon colors. I friend had those as she likes to be flamboyant, but the paint has faded to white after 1.5 years. Trek says too bad. :-(

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk to your trek guy. My guess is that they can do it. If they can do a deep purple and black as a Project 1 they can do the blue/black your looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Speed Concept Factory Racing Frame Color?? [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
Just don't go with neon colors. I friend had those as she likes to be flamboyant, but the paint has faded to white after 1.5 years. Trek says too bad. :-(

How long ago was this? The "Radioactive" colors are supposed to fade over time. When they first launched I'm told there was an issue with the clear that let to much UV through and the paint faded faster than expected. This was corrected. My wife has a radioactive orange bike since 2016 and its hardly faded over maybe 4000 mi of riding. I have a radioactive green bike currently but its only a year and 3,000mi old and hasn't faded at all.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Speed Concept Factory Racing Frame Color?? [SiRcivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SiRcivic27 wrote:
playguy wrote:

How long ago was this? The "Radioactive" colors are supposed to fade over time. When they first launched I'm told there was an issue with the clear that let to much UV through and the paint faded faster than expected. This was corrected. My wife has a radioactive orange bike since 2016 and its hardly faded over maybe 4000 mi of riding. I have a radioactive green bike currently but its only a year and 3,000mi old and hasn't faded at all.

2 weeks ago. Radioactive faded after 1 1/2 years to white, especially places seeing more sun. Trek says too bad; dealer never mentioned it. Obviously she’s not buying another Trek.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply