When we postponed the IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur dâ€™Alene triathlon from its original date of June 28 to September 6, 2020, we felt confident we would still be able to deliver an exceptional event at the later date.
Unfortunately, based on further conversations with and direction from local authorities in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, and with the health and safety of our community being an utmost priority, the IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur dâ€™Alene triathlon cannot take place in 2020.
As previously announced, the Coeur dâ€™Alene community will host a full-distance IRONMAN on June 27, 2021.
To provide all registered athletes of the 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur dâ€™Alene triathlon an ability to participate in an IRONMAN event this year or next, we have made the following options available:
1. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City: Sept. 13, 2020
2. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 SUPERFROG: Sept. 20, 2020
3. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta: Sept. 27, 2020
4. Free transfer to 2020 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN 70.3 Des Moines: Oct. 4, 2020
5. Free transfer to 2020 Bicycle World Texas IRONMAN 70.3 Waco: Oct. 18, 2020
6. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside: Oct. 24, 2020
7. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Texas: Nov. 22, 2020
8. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells-La Quinta: Dec. 6, 2020
9. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Florida: Dec. 13, 2020
10. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 St. George: May 1, 2021
11. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 Washington: Date TBD
12. Apply entry fee towards 2021 IRONMAN Coeur dâ€™Alene registration fee: June 27, 2021
Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your race option. All athletes must make a selection by Tuesday, August 11 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your new race selection in the provided Active link.
We also realize that this change may impact your travel arrangements, therefore registered athletes are advised to contact their travel providers immediately to inform them of your situation.
If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
While we are prevented from holding the event in 2020, we thank you for your commitment and look forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience in the future.
The IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur dâ€™Alene Team