Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :)
Quote | Reply
https://bikerumor.com/...d-comfortable-clean/

Great looking bike and still available with rim breaks (which appear to be direct mount) at the 105 trim level. Cannondale says it's 30 watts faster than the prior Supersix Evo (which basically just had round tubes) which puts this firmly into the category of being an aero road bike. My one beef is that they changed the geometry a bit: it's a touch taller than the outgoing Supersix Evo but I understand why Cannondale did it as there's now a very clear geometry progression Synapse -> Supersix Evo -> System Six and that progression reflects the design intent of those bikes. Clearance for 30mm tires on the disc break version. Good chance I'll pick one of these up this fall and retire my Fuji SL :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They need to take out the spacers for the photo shoot. Rookies.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
They need to take out the spacers for the photo shoot. Rookies.

Agree, they wouldn't get a 'super nice' on GCN Tech

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a big step forward for Canndonale, The old SuperSix was serious outdated in terms of looks and aerodynamics, as newer frames like the Tarmac are as light and stiff while being significantly more aero. The new SuperSix is definitely a sexy bike and looks to maintain a lot of the lightweight characteristics of the old frame (at least with rim brakes). Very similar look to the Tarmac and the Teammachine, but I personally love the D-shape tubes and lowered seatstays.

I have to hand it to Canndondale, they've killed it in the last year with the SystemSix and now the SuperSix. Both innovative and top performing bikes in their respective categories. I've been critical in the past because they've had very little innovation, but they really changed that narrative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you took 6 of the top race bikes and painted em all black without logos it’d be pretty hard to tell apart. But Cdale did a nice job on this, curious to read reviews. Big tires will help comfort, and I’m keen to ride a new bike with dropped chainstays to see how that effects ride quality,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice clean lines, but the paint schemes they’re offering are ugly IMO. Pretty cool that they tested a number of top traditional road bikes against each other in the tunnel

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very similar to the Focus Izalco Max. I like it. But does it have infuriating proprietary Cannondale parts?
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will probably be my next bike. Our team is a Cannondale shop and I was going to go with the SystemSix, but being a racer that only really has a chance in things with elevation that 1-2 pounds is a big difference. Those 60mm wheels are also a major liability in descents, especially at 61kg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one who has been drooling over the new cannondale logo? It's so simple yet so beautiful. I'm likely going to repaint my 1st gen speed concept and get trek logos in the cannondale font.

And I'll stick with my CAAD10 for the time being.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike!! Cannondale making some nice bikes. I've been using my SuperX as a do it all with an Ultegra 2x drivechain. I have not touched my R3 in weeks. Just need to buy some 303s for it and it's done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

argh the ultegra rim version looks so nice, but it says not available in north america!
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Nice clean lines, but the paint schemes they’re offering are ugly IMO. Pretty cool that they tested a number of top traditional road bikes against each other in the tunnel

Pretty good result too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not quite fair to Trek as the Emonda isn't an aero road bike. The Madone would have been a fairer comparison - but impressive results nonetheless!
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG yes the paint is FUGLY IMO
Last edited by: PBT_2009: Jun 28, 19 9:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Cyclingtips the top model in 51cm was 7.6kg ready to ride, my current supersix evo hi-mod is 6.0kg, quite a difference and I can not transfer my light wheels over due to disc breaks, so I'll stick to my old one.

Yes, I know, aero is faster, but I dont care on my road bike, I just really like it light.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
It's not quite fair to Trek as the Emonda isn't an aero road bike. The Madone would have been a fairer comparison - but impressive results nonetheless!

All of the bikes in that chart are the companies traditional/non-aero bikes

Traditional
Trek Emonda
Cannondale Super Six
BMC Road Machine
Cervelo R series
Specialized Tarmac

Aero
Trek Madone
Cannondale System Six
BMC Time Machine Road
Cervelo S series
Specialized Venge

When Cannonade released the System Six they did bring in a number of aerobikes into the wind tunnel

What would be interesting to see is a chart with aero and non-aero bikes intermixed. In 2014 when Cervelo updates the R3 with the Squaro downtube they saved 7 watts compared to previous versions. But I don't think they ever said what the difference between an S3 and R3 was in terms of drag. I think were probably getting to the point that there is a very small difference between aero bikes and classic/climbing/non-aero bikes. The former are getting faster and better at handing and the latter are getting more aero.

Matt
Last edited by: Pun_Times: Jun 28, 19 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also after putting them on the same chart it would be nice to see things in terms of weighted watts or grams of drag

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Also after putting them on the same chart it would be nice to see things in terms of weighted watts or grams of drag

Grams of drag is speed dependent. .cdA is the proper unit.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:

It's perfectly fair. The System Six is Cannondale's competitor to the Madone. With this new Supersix Evo, Cannondale joins Specialized (with the Tarmac SL6) in bringing "semi-aero" to the segment. Trek has chosen to keep a more traditional, "stick-tube" design with the Emonda. I know which way I'd lean (and it's not towards saving a few hundred grams of mass at the expense of 15-18 watts more power needed to hold a 22mph average on the flats).

I really like what they've done with the cockpit. I has most of the benefits of a completely integrated system, with much better adjustability and serviceability.

Last edited by: gary p: Jun 28, 19 11:28
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

Grams of drag is speed dependent. .cdA is the proper unit.

I am aware and and am not suggesting that Cannondale should have done it differently. What I said was that it would be nice is to see a chart in grams of drag.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

Pretty good result too!

Damn right, a bike company’s own bike won their own wind tunnel test. How refreshing.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

Damn right, a bike company’s own bike won their own wind tunnel test. How refreshing.

Given the general lack of consideration for aerodynamics in the design of most of the other bikes in the test group, this seems legit.

Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo, Hello Beautiful :) [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

Given the general lack of consideration for aerodynamics in the design of most of the other bikes in the test group, this seems legit.

Let’s not forget the new Tarmac is actually pretty aero (as aero as the old Venge).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

Let’s not forget the new Tarmac is actually pretty aero (as aero as the old Venge).

But not even, per Specialized's own admission, as aero as the new Roubaix...which means the above statement is as much an indictment of the old Venge as anything.

Last edited by: gary p: Jun 28, 19 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:

Is this Cannondale closer related to the BMC Road Machine or the Team Machine which is their more Aero road bike? I think their Aero testing is more apples to oranges.
Quote Reply

Prev Next