Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know? Are they keeping the 2018, out and back bike course for 2019?
It was the best by far in the 5 times that I have done the race.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [Deak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know, but am also hoping the keep the course from 2018
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same, hoping they keep the 2018 course for the next couple of years at least, really liked it and still got a lot of the hills in
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [The59Swim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration opens Monday - thinking the course should be decided on. Agree that last years course was more popular.

Website says an out and back for 2019!

May sell out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be the same as 2018 and “less traffic” per their Facebook page... I’m sad they aren’t going back to the beast. I really enjoyed the challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [Halfcrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Website says same course but I don’t think they’ve updated it. Anyone know if it’s same course? Loved the new course.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure - website specifies 2019 as an out and back and I got the email that registration is Monday. I'm sure Fleck or someone can confirm but looks like they are open to going with the popular 90K out and back form 2018.

Hope to see you all there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lame. Bring back Britannia and the death descent into Dwight.

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, bring back the death descent on Dwight Beach road, dodging pot-holes, gravel and flying water bottles!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrunkIrishman wrote:
It will be the same as 2018 and “less traffic” per their Facebook page... I’m sad they aren’t going back to the beast. I really enjoyed the challenge.
The 2018 bike course is still plenty challenging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Official Facebook account commented this: “Yes, we plan to have the same out and back course with much more limited traffic.”
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The website description, which is updated to refer to 2019 now, states " The 56-mile out and back bike course will travel freshly paved roads through Baysville and beautiful countryside"

So, awesome. Looks like they are keeping it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Side track - anyone know what the history on wetsuits is for this race? Usually allowed or not?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall a Muskoka race where wetsuits were never allowed. I'd say given the winter/spring we've had, there is pretty much a ZERO chance wetsuits won't be allowed again. In regards to the other posts in this thread about the bike course, the new 2018 course is fantastic. They can now make it a legit 90K. Road conditions for the most part are very good and there are still plenty of hills to challenge all cycling abilities. New for 2019 is a new run course.....again. The run course seems to change every year. I think this change should be good and something we can expect to see going forward. Overall, this is a great race given the fact it sold out early, is proof. Hope to see you there!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Muskoka 70.3 bike course [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Always. As far back as I can remember. I have done it the last 5 years and it has always been wetsuit legal.
Quote Reply