Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Lavaman Waikoloa - Recommendations for Tri Bike Rental?
Quote | Reply
Wife and I are going to the Big Island for vacation next March. The trip is timed to coincide with the Lavaman Oly tri event, which I'll be doing for the first time. The main focus for the trip is vacation in a warm, sunny place (with the tri thrown in since we're there...), so I really don't want to hassle with schlepping a bike along with us. So I'm planning to just rent a tri bike over on the island for the event.

Did a little prelim searching, and it looks like there are a few options for tri bike rentals, but I don't know anything about those rental shops.

Any recommendation on bike shops (or other sources) near Kona / Waikoloa to rent a tri bike for Lavaman?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Michael
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Lavaman Waikoloa - Recommendations for Tri Bike Rental? [Mongo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike Works is the only one I have any experience with. The Waikoloa location is super convenient to Lavaman, but the Kona location has a bigger rental fleet. Perhaps they will shuttle them up to Waikoloa for you - couldn't hurt to ask.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Lavaman Waikoloa - Recommendations for Tri Bike Rental? [Mongo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did exactly that in 2016. Rented from bikeworks in Kona, not Waikoloa. Decent selection, check their site and be sure to sign up early for your bike. They're definitely rentals so you might want to bring your own saddle, cages, pedals, spares etc. If you're staying in Waikoloa village it's a good training ride to and from as well. Have fun, that race is awesome!

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve used Bikeworks twice and they are easy to use and do a nice job.
At the Honu race, I used Tribike Transport. Costs quite a bit more, but had my own bike.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rented from Raceday Transport and Rentals. Got a really nice Felt that I was happy with totally hassle free. Rented again from them for this year. Bikeworks has a store right in Waikoloa Village - great store and they rent bikes also. Both sell out, so I would book quickly.
Quote Reply