Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6?
Quote | Reply
Good day to you guys! This is my first time using Giant as their frame and recently purchased the Trinity advanced pro (Small) and I'm 5'6. This was almost like an impulse buying since it's on sale. Ordered it without knowing about the proper sizing (too excited I guess). Now, I'm 5'6, and on their site I'm supposed to be XS, can the Small frame be okay for my height? Hopefully it will since it will be arriving today. Any inputs are welcome. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6? [Wing0927] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wing0927 wrote:
Good day to you guys! This is my first time using Giant as their frame and recently purchased the Trinity advanced pro (Small) and I'm 5'6. This was almost like an impulse buying since it's on sale. Ordered it without knowing about the proper sizing (too excited I guess). Now, I'm 5'6, and on their site I'm supposed to be XS, can the Small frame be okay for my height? Hopefully it will since it will be arriving today. Any inputs are welcome. Thanks!

I’m 5’ 6” and I have a Giant Defy in small. I’m not a fan of the fit to be honest, I’ve had multiple bike fits to try and find comfort with no dice. Tried multiple seats and a few diff stem sizes too but still have sit bone pain and hand numbness. I’m not saying it’s the size of the bike, could just be me not giving the fitter proper feedback? Just sharing my experience. My fitter did say if you are between sizes, it’s easier for a fitter to work with a frame that is on the larger size though so hopefully it works for you!
Last edited by: BallsJesus: Dec 18, 19 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6? [Wing0927] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7" and currently riding a 2019 trinity size small. It has been good for me so far although I'm still tweaking my setup as I have not been professionally fit on it. It was feeling pretty dialed in near the end of the season however once on the trainer seemed to be a bit more of a grind with saddle comfort. Slowly coming around for me. Enjoy! I'm convinced it is a great bike for the money!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6? [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 5’ 6” and I have a Giant Defy in small. I’m not a fan of the fit to be honest, I’ve had multiple bike fits to try and find comfort with no dice. Tried multiple seats and a few diff stem sizes too but still have sit bone pain and hand numbness. I’m not saying it’s the size of the bike, could just be me not giving the fitter proper feedback? Just sharing my experience. My fitter did say if you are between sizes, it’s easier for a fitter to work with a frame that is on the larger size though so hopefully it works for you![/quote]

Thank you for replying. Glad to hear your opinion on this, even with all the comments I found online that a 5'6 should be XS. I mean it says on their site that a 5'6 is "possible" for a small frame, but other owners says otherwise. Maybe saddle adjustment would do the trick, hopefully.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6? [Golfman09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golfman09 wrote:
I'm 5'7" and currently riding a 2019 trinity size small. It has been good for me so far although I'm still tweaking my setup as I have not been professionally fit on it. It was feeling pretty dialed in near the end of the season however once on the trainer seemed to be a bit more of a grind with saddle comfort. Slowly coming around for me. Enjoy! I'm convinced it is a great bike for the money!

I think you're good at 5'7 sir, smaller than that they said go for the XS. Next few weeks would decide if the size would be okay for me (fingers crossed).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm 5'6" with long legs and I'm riding an XS.

With TT bikes, it's always better to go smaller.

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Giant trinity advanced pro, size Small on 5'6? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avoneer wrote:
Hi,

I'm 5'6" with long legs and I'm riding an XS.

With TT bikes, it's always better to go smaller.

Pat.

Yes, I think the safest size would be XS for my height. The sad thing is the shop doesn't have the size that I need, and there's no return policy on their items. I think I'm just gonna have to make this work in the coming weeks, otherwise sell it and get the right size for sure. Thanks Pat!
Quote Reply