Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Cervelo, Diamondback, and Parlee

Probably add Cannondale soon with the SuperSlice Disc too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I only listed bikes you can buy right now.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, gotcha. Any other "coming soon to a bike shop near you" we should add to the Cannondale?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing new that I know of. New Shiv is probably not happening this year.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its very interesting that the Speed Concept is now only offered in the cheaper 500 carbon (and thus is effectively a 7 series)
So they have limited the current range for '18

This makes me think the current SC will be the value play, and the new 'Super Speed concept' will come out round Kona time and be P5x expensive.....

And then trickle down into 2019.....which makes sense to get early adapter to subsidise those later....
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bespoke wrote:
Its very interesting that the Speed Concept is now only offered in the cheaper 500 carbon (and thus is effectively a 7 series)
So they have limited the current range for '18

This makes me think the current SC will be the value play, and the new 'Super Speed concept' will come out round Kona time and be P5x expensive.....

And then trickle down into 2019.....which makes sense to get early adapter to subsidise those later....

I think you are overthinking things. Triathlon bikes are pretty low-volume so it doesn't make sense to manufacture them both in Wisconsin and in Taiwan.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only the 9 series was made in Wisconin. The 7 series and others are made in Asia.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For 5+ years they have had a dual factory approach. Seems strange to stop that now?
And to stop selling the much higher margin model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized has removed their top end Shiv as well. You can buy the frame though.

Signs that something is coming!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get fancy light expensive carbon for their top-end road bikes, but does anyone thing "better carbon" is worth anything on a tri bike? Few hundred extra grams - who cares.

Speed Concept 7.5 is peak aero. They should try to sell a shitton of those and let people pay a little more for custom colors or upgrade to electronic shifters.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Only the 9 series was made in Wisconin. The 7 series and others are made in Asia.

I've wondered about this but have seen no evidence of it. I understand that only the 9 series road bikes are made in Wisconsin. I asked my local dealer about it and he was uncertain.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
New dimondback looks like a turd imo.
Why change the sc frame?? Its one of the fastest, tried and true ,reliable, and no issues what so ever that Ive seen.
And its its one of the nicest looking bikes out there imo.
You said you dont race and it seems like whats most important to you is the way you and your bike looks so
If you like the d-back and you feel like it will make you look cool , then sell that sc to someone that competes and buy your self a bright red andean to cruise around in:-)

Had to read this first line 2x...for some reason I read it as "looks like a turd limo" (which makes sense I guess...if you have an imagination...)
Ha!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
BryanD wrote:

I've wondered about this but have seen no evidence of it. I understand that only the 9 series road bikes are made in Wisconsin. I asked my local dealer about it and he was uncertain.
I belive Carl may have mentioned all p1's are made in the usa . My friends p'1 is labeled "made in usa" .
I belive Ive also heared that the p1' paint quality although customizable ,is not as good as the ones made in taiwan
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
BryanD wrote:

My frame is a 7.5 and it is made in Taiwan

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
annndddddd here he is again with those red zipps lol, I love this guy!

gotta ask though...why did you co-ordinate with the red? I would have used green to go with frame! You could have had a Kermit Koncept!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
I get fancy light expensive carbon for their top-end road bikes, but does anyone thing "better carbon" is worth anything on a tri bike? Few hundred extra grams - who cares.

Speed Concept 7.5 is peak aero. They should try to sell a shitton of those and let people pay a little more for custom colors or upgrade to electronic shifters.

Try?! They can't keep those things in stock. In my neck of the woods they're more popular than Cervelo P3s, and my team - affiliated with Trek - has just two riders out of 40-ish on a bike that's not a Speed Concept, one of those because she's just too small. The local fitter reckons almost all of the tri bikes he sees are SCs.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've decided on a 2018 Speed Concept also. Now I just have to find a local bike shop that has one / can order one for me.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fort Worth Cycling and Fitness if you are anywhere around the metroplex...talk to James.

He can get you what you need...at a great price. If you need a medium...they have a great buy on a 7.5 they still have on the floor.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Fort Worth Cycling and Fitness if you are anywhere around the metroplex...talk to James.

He can get you what you need...at a great price. If you need a medium...they have a great buy on a 7.5 they still have on the floor.

Just curious what constitutes a great buy. My local Trek dealer stocks exactly 0 Speed Concepts.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$2999 for a 7.5...with ultegra...and the Aero fork (retail was 3,999)

It's new, but the 2015 model...black with a little red...sweet looking bike...I would get myself if I was in the market right now.
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 4, 17 7:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
$2999 for a 7.5...with ultegra...and the TT fork (retail was 3,999)

Year?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did just add it above...sorry.

2015 model...but new build. Black/red...with the Aero fork/faring
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 4, 17 7:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
$2999 for a 7.5...with ultegra...and the Aero fork (retail was 3,999)

It's new, but the 2015 model...black with a little red...sweet looking bike...I would get myself if I was in the market right now.

That's a screaming deal
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at ordering a project one Madone 9.0. Does anyone know if you can order it without the wheels? Have a new set of Zipp 404s im going to use, and don't really want theirs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just saved me a bunch of coin. I put a deposit down on that bike and will be picking it up tomorrow morning. I like the 2018 wheels a little better but I'll take the $ savings. Plus, I'd have to wait at least a month around here for a 2018. Thanks buddy!
Quote Reply

Prev Next