Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
legs are a bit, errrr, toasted today. hoping the legs find their mojo once they start spinning.

aside from Tour of Suf or the odd mashup, i typically don't do the videos like Shovel. i'm guessing it's those sprinting efforts that did me in...

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: VALHALLA: Feb 5, 18 9:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good here. My schedule makes a stage on Friday challenging, so I decided to do stages 4 and 5 today, separated by about 7 hours. Fight Club is my kryptonite - I've been working on it a long time as I actually have a DVD. It took along time before I could get through it without turning down the intensity or just fudging the power targets (pre-ERG). But today was fine, a couple of backpedals to recover, but never during an attack. Stage 6 on Wednesday and then Friday off - probably good timing for a rest day, looking at the weekend stages...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still knocking them out - definitely starting to feel some deep weakness in the legs with all the sprints... it felt like someone added a few stairs on my way up to bed last night. Three hours on Sunday will be a battle!

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [TriDevilDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished Stage 7. I started a day early so that I can Saturday off and finish on Sunday. I did 1 and 2 at 80% and have done the rest at 100%. I've done OK but have had some failures on some intervals.
Getting to the real high power numbers is hard on the sub 30 second intervals on my setup.
The sustained at or above threshold like today really hurt.
Probably gonna back off again for the last two stages.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 down. Starting to feel the fatigue now. I think it’s really helping develop my mental ability to push hard while fatigued.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bah! Go Nuclear and spin until your legs fall off. That's my plan anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same thing (sort of) - I did stages 4 and 5 on Tuesday, 6 on Wednesday, 7 on Thursday and nada on Friday. My schedule would not allow a ride today, the plan just accomodated that, BUT it also seemed like a good idea for more recovery before stages 8 and 9. We'll see if I'm correct tomorrow morning...
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 down, 1 to go...
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [lenny07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple take backs from today; Butter is awesome and thin air is awful! Went deep last 10 min, now gonna stuff my face till the big finale

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bring on the big one tomorrow!

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Expect great things!

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Kitchen Sink as part of SUFDAY a few months back. It was a whopper indeed.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too, actually loved it! Easily the beat 3h I’ve spent on a trainer ;)
I’ve forced my old man to join me tomorrow, the suffering will be substantial

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me, too. The start of the climb in Thin Air had me concerned, but got through it. Three hours tomorrow? Ugh. I'm not sure where I'm going to hurt the most, but 2 hours of saddle time today wasn't awesome, so...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Due to time commitments I swooped 8/9 and did Kitchen Sink first today.
Lasted OK until 2hr31 minutes then it was brutal hanging onto the intervals.
Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [Gmehje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team Slowtwitch Tour of Sufferflandrians,

For those who tackled and completed (or will be completing tomorrow!) the Tour of Suf this year, please take a few minutes to PM me and answer a few questions for a recap I am putting together to be shared on the ST homepage.

* What was your motivation for doing the ToS?
* Did you do Sufferfest's 4DP prior to the start? Do you plan to do another 4DP at some point after to gauge improvement?
* What did your setup include (what type of trainer, power meter, etc) during ToS?
* Do you feel like a stronger cyclist at the end of ToS then you were at the start?
* Did you put your swim and run training aside and do ToS as a cycling specific training block? If not, how did your swim and run training fare?
* Are Sufferfest videos a regular part of your triathlon cycling training?
* Do you do a significant portion of your triathlon cycling training utilizing Sufferfest or other indoor platforms throughout the season?

Thx, Lars

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lars,
May I ask why you seek this info?
I will probably message you after I do Stage 9 tomorrow, but I am curious why you ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As stated in my post above, I am putting together a recap for a homepage feature.

Feel free to answer, or not.

There seemed to be solid participation from Slowtwitchers so I figured I'd include others experiences not only my own.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, Ok, missed that part. I'll let you know after tomorrow.
BTW So far, it hurts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 for 9

Will send a private message with answers to those questions as soon as I have more time to type.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Tour of Sufferlandria [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lars, sent you a PM.
All done - great training block.
G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 for 9, glad that's done, what a ride!

Sent PM with answers to your questions, curious to see the compiled recap. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 for 9, too. I thought that the kilo from Omnium would kill the third hour, but it all worked out OK. I've sent you a PM in response to your Q. My 2nd year on the app - I did 2016 by cobbling together DVD videos and an underground Trainerroad feed, so three years of ToS (although only the last two years are 'recognized').
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 for 9, all full intensity, and no breaks except for a quick bathroom break during the "lay down" part after Omnium today. That was a solid block. PM sent with my answers to your questions.

Also, was it just me or did anyone else occasionally see the blue/black Sky kit and think they were looking at someone from EMJ? These aren't the best examples, but it's what I could find quickly:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished it with proper suffering and and bonus charity century on Saturday at Tour De Palm Springs.

I doubled up Stages 6 & 7 on Thursday, then did stage 8 Friday to create an 'off day' to ride with friends at Palm Springs. ( this was a mellow paced ride with couples and no hammering occurred - it was just a long recovery ride mostly) Return to base was delayed on Sunday and I got a late start on Stage 9 - started at 3:00 PM and was still on the trainer in the backyard when friends and family started to arrive for our annual Carnival parade party.

I spent the last hour looking in the windows at people eating my food and drinking my booze while I finished the 3rd hour of Kitchen Sink! I expected at least a little company, but a cold blustery wind kept the revelers inside watching the samba dancers in Rio...finally my dog came by to provide some support and promptly scarfed down my waffle laying open in the bench next to me... then scurried back inside

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply

Prev Next