Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 San Diego International Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm thinking about doing this race this year and stay a few more days to visit San Diego. How good is the event? Is it worth the $170.00 entrance? Do you have any general recommendation about the course? Will I need a wet-suit?

I've noticed both swim and bike leg are shorter than an Olympic distance triathlon.

http://www.kozevents.com/...Triathlon__SDIT_.htm
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 San Diego International Triathlon [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good competition cause there is usually prize money. Some top 10 pro Kona finishers come out. Water is the warmest this time of year, no wet suit needed, but most use one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Not to me. Course is awful, no Marshall’s and complete draftfest. Roads are torn apart. And I received a penalty that took me out of ag podium because my number fell off. They saw this at the finish and dinged me, yet there were ZERO drafting penalties that actually affect the outcome of a race.
Last edited by: Sbernardi: Mar 30, 18 17:54
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 San Diego International Triathlon [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Not to me. Course is awful, no Marshall’s and complete draftfest. Roads are torn apart. And I received a penalty that took me out of ag podium because my number fell off. They saw this at the finish and dinged me, yet there were ZERO drafting penalties that actually affect the outcome of a race.

Agree

I don't see the value at $170.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 San Diego International Triathlon [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:

i like the course, it isnt short or over terrible terrain like other koz races (running on narrow sidewalks 2' wide). i got in with early deal at $140. the roads have been recently repaved. as for drafting... i dont think that happens with the elites.. but if you start in later waves its more possible and marshalls following elites are gone by then
Last edited by: synthetic: Mar 31, 18 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 San Diego International Triathlon [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

i like the course, it isnt short or over terrible terrain like other koz races (running on narrow sidewalks 2' wide). i got in with early deal at $140. the roads have been recently repaved. as for drafting... i dont think that happens with the elites.. but if you start in later waves its more possible and marshalls following elites are gone by then

Got to disagree with you about the elites not drafting.

In 2016 at least, I saw multiple elites in pace lines four or frive strong literally 6 or 8 inches off each other's wheels.

It wasn't just a freak occurrence of them happening to have a whole bunch of people passing each other the second I saw them. I witnessed the same guys in the same paceline multiple times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look at the distances - not real "international" distances.

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 San Diego International Triathlon [hideano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hideano wrote:
look at the distances - not real "international" distances.

que? 1k - 30k - 10k is international distance normally
olympic = 1.5k - 40k - 10k . maybe you are confusing rock the bay which they are mis representing as oly tri as the bike is short
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing a friend of mine compete in this last year...and then I saw the distances an facepalmed...not an Olympic/International Distance.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply