Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017 Slowtwitch Kona Gathering...it's BACK. Prize update/ 8 spots left! [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next year, we won't run out of beer before 5:30... It's a thirsty group out there!

The ST crowd must have caught on to the great Karen Smyers secret to success - beer!

Karen, always had a beer the night before a race. In fact, in 1993, when I was there racing, and Karen was one of the favorites for the women's race, we both found ourselves at a VIP/Media Meet-and-Greet the night before the race, and there I was, standing and talking to Karen - with a beer in her hand. She finished 4th in the women's race that year, and in 1995 won the double - the ITU World Championship, and the IRONMAN World Championship in the same year. Something we are unlikely to ever see again!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Oct 19, 17 19:34
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Slowtwitch Kona Gathering...it's BACK. Prize update/ 8 spots left! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to thank the folks that provided the prizes at the dinner. I myself won a pair of Oakley Jaw Breaker glasses - wore them during the race and loved them. I have officially shelved my 15 year old Oakleys.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Slowtwitch Kona Gathering...it's BACK. Prize update/ 8 spots left! [sputnik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the winner of the Polar V800 in the house ?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Slowtwitch Kona Gathering...it's BACK. Prize update/ 8 spots left! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you to Slowtwitch and the sponsors! I enjoyed meeting people and my husband won an orca backpack. Thank you!
Quote Reply

Prev Next