Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2017 P2 Jet 9s
Quote | Reply
Hey all

Bought some bling for my 2017 p2 - hed jet 9 black. Rolling on 25mm GP4000.

Fitting wise I'v had a little play with the rear dropouts and now nothing is scraping but the clearance is so tight it worries me

Anyone got experience with these wheels + tyres on the p2? Do i need to drop down to 23mm or am i gonna be alright as i am. Is there a minimum clearance needed?

Thanks all - still relatively new to this
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 P2 Jet 9s [Lazydoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forget the exact measurement, but a 25mm tire balloons out pretty damn huge on those HED's.
I have the Jet blacks as well, and went with 23mm Conti's, and were -plenty- wide when installed, only needed 90 psi to be solid.

And remember to use latex tubes - free speed... Unless you are 45-49, then stick with butyl..... :)
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Mar 6, 18 5:41
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 P2 Jet 9s [Lazydoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you'd be better off with 23mm tires

Lazydoc wrote:
Hey all

Bought some bling for my 2017 p2 - hed jet 9 black. Rolling on 25mm GP4000.

Fitting wise I'v had a little play with the rear dropouts and now nothing is scraping but the clearance is so tight it worries me

Anyone got experience with these wheels + tyres on the p2? Do i need to drop down to 23mm or am i gonna be alright as i am. Is there a minimum clearance needed?

Thanks all - still relatively new to this

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 P2 Jet 9s [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks eric - all i needed to know
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply