Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok ok painfully adjusted the times. the point of a log is defeated this way though... to view other people's training to learn and grow from the data, if it is accurate
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
ok ok painfully adjusted the times. the point of a log is defeated this way though... to view other people's training to learn and grow from the data, if it is accurate

Yep, which is why I use strava as where I have logged what I really do each day.

You are kicking my butt now. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

You still have a comments field to see what you reallly did on that day. Your comment could be

• 30 min ST challenge virtual run but 45 minutes actual run on the pavement
  • 30 min ST challenge virtual run but really 15 min mini run after my swim

Or the way, the log is structured, that can be the title of your workout....no need to enter a comment.

Your overall mileage for the week won't change and you'll still have captured what you did. Do you guys really go back into every workout you did at any point it time to see what it was? I just look at my overall weekly mileage. I pretty well know the hard workouts or long workouts in every sport so all the short stuff is just base building filler....the most the better, but it's all filler to build a better base. Other than that, what do I need to know? If I want I can still click on that 30 min workout to see the detail.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know timing of key workouts before a race, and some may have required more recovery, etc
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello 100'ers. Ran the DC Rock N Roll marathon today. Unfortunately, I didn't PR like I was hoping. Missed by about +2 minutes which kinda bums me out since I'm on target to hit 100/100 and have never put this much volume into my running. But 3 months of solid running put me 2 minutes away from a PR compared to 8 months of running that got me my PR (on a harder course though). Either way, definitely happy with my progress. Hoping to keep this consistency up through the summer season and kill some triathlons and Baltimore marathon!

Side Note: I did 15 minutes of running yesterday so I could add it to my 100/100 count since I ran way more than 45 minutes today. So I just made yesterdays run 3 miles at 30 minutes since it was just a warm up and stretch kinda run. Then I just took off 3 miles from the marathon today and adjusted my running time to reflect my actual marathon pace. That seem like the right thing to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Good to know timing of key workouts before a race, and some may have required more recovery, etc

Can't you just look at the comments field to see what you really did (or put it in the title). Are you just being argumentative about this even though there is a solution to see what you really did?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
save it for next year i suppose.. i am guessing you have a script counting all the runs that are 30+. perhaps next time, it can take total time in a day, if separate runs are less than 30 minutes, but total time is 30 for every session.. it can count. So 45min in AM, 15min in PM, the script sees total 60 in one day an 2 runs.. having no remainder in the division it approves it as 2 runs for the day. Then again the threshold values can be rethought. 3 miles in 30 min is not the same as done in 15. like i said, this for next year. or perhaps a summer quick session?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
save it for next year i suppose.. i am guessing you have a script counting all the runs that are 30+. perhaps next time, it can take total time in a day, if separate runs are less than 30 minutes, but total time is 30 for every session.. it can count. So 45min in AM, 15min in PM, the script sees total 60 in one day an 2 runs.. having no remainder in the division it approves it as 2 runs for the day. Then again the threshold values can be rethought. 3 miles in 30 min is not the same as done in 15. like i said, this for next year. or perhaps a summer quick session?

But this would only count as one 60min run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

I hope no one counts the run like you stated since a 45 in the morning and 15 in the PM is a SINGLE run for the day of 60 minutes, NOT 2 runs for the day.
If you ran 45 one day and 15 the NEXT day, then you get credit for ONE run each day of 30 minutes not two in either day

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you edit your training log using this philosophy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bizarre and funny run report....I've been away for 8 days and it's been a story of the best and worst hotel, mill runs.

5 days at Cannondale HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut teaching bike fit school at the Guru Academy and I stayed at the Even Hotel (locations: D.C., Omaha, NY: Mid Town, Brooklyn, Times Sq.). I urge you to stay there for biz travel in the future. GREAT gym built out with Woodway mills (the Tesla of treadmills). Had some great runs there.

Then it was straight to Detroit for the phenomenal Slowtwitch Road Show at Fraser Bikes in Canton. I ran one night at whatever chain hotel I was in. The mill was shoddy at best but the funny bit was the gym was adjacent to the pool/Jacuz area and the gym was loaded with a dozen soaking wet kids in bathing suits, age range was 8-14. Loud, slamming weight stacks, jumping across running mills, pretty much every dangerous thing you can do in the gym. Rather than be yet another white male who is a hammer for the rules I just made little instructions on safety and let 'em tear about the place. After my run I was stretching when someone came from the front desk to clear out everyone under 16 and I was alone in total peace and quite in an instant. It's was, essentially, my first mill run in a day-care facility.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 days to go, back on 100/100 pace with an outside shot of even getting up to 750K for the entire period.

As point of reference, at the start of the challenge I was barely able to walk from leg spasms on account of a disc/nerve issue from a fall 2015 rupture. I could barely shuffle at 4 mph on the treadmill without a spasm and having to stop to stretch. The key thing that got me going was snowshoeing and then snowshoe running on soft surface that allowed me to extend my range of motion and within a few outings I was running on snowshoes even though I could not run on pavement. From there, I went to determinstically running on treadmill...at first 5-6 mph jog, but now I seem to generally be going at 6-8 mph range. Still, running out on pavement has not been that great, but last 2 weekends I went to a soft track and even got my 400m time down to 91 seconds (so 10 mph pace) without leg spasms. I also have been working on a lot of old soccer drills on the infield which is soft astroturf that has helped and picked up a soccer ball and done a lot of ball control stuff, to use my body in all dimensions, not just linear. This seems to have really helped in terms of opening up my hips and nerves, because it also forces me back to old high school neural connections which are good ones, vs the new "bad ones".

I actually can't believe that things made so much progress over these last 92 days because the previous 500 days before that, I was literally like a cripple minimizing all motion involving my legs because it was too depressing constantly battling my own body. I still do battle my body when I am not warmed up, but once warmed up, it's getting close to old times. For now feeling blessed getting my quality of life back. I ran pretty well my entire life from 10 months old to age 50, then a year of barely walking so forget about running. While I converted myself to a bit of a dolphin (not speed, just water time), you can't beat the flexibility of running anytime you want.

Finally, buying my Woodway Desmo was probably the best $3000 CDN smoking deal I got in my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woot! Fantastic.

The challenge has been great for me too -- I can hold an improvement day to day, but any longer and it begins to perish.

your snowshoeing tip is gold -- great for activating the hip cycle, and actual snowshoes (or snow) not required.

Am looking forward to my run this morning -- can we get a 200 days challenge going :> ?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
Woot! Fantastic.

The challenge has been great for me too -- I can hold an improvement day to day, but any longer and it begins to perish.

your snowshoeing tip is gold -- great for activating the hip cycle, and actual snowshoes (or snow) not required.

Am looking forward to my run this morning -- can we get a 200 days challenge going :> ?

Will keep doing snowshoeing next winter as "physio" for run technique given that there are some parts of the running technique when you have snowshoes on is very tough to do well (basically the entire recovery phase)....other parts it is more forgive (when you land and compress). Overall, I find that my running form and bad leg doriflex control keeps getting better the more I get to snowshoe.

Also working on this "camel pose" seems to have opened up my psoas and helped with finishing my push off. I am now on run 96 with 6 days of running remaining. I'd have to count out how many snowshoe runs there, are, but probably around 20, so I should hit 80 "real runs". Cardio wise the snowshoe runs are tougher, but I can recover from them almost as fast as a hard bike.

Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
200 runs and 1,000 miles target crossed - what a motivating challenge it was. Now retiring from the Challenge and swapping running shoes for bike shoes...
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Mandai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100th run logged!

Fitness improved and injury free. Started out doing a lot of 3mi @ 10min pace and now can handle 8min pace for a while. Fun times. The challenge is very helpful. This makes two years in a row hat I've made 100/100 , and that was preceded by a few years making it past 50 but not all the way to 100. Good stuff. Now, with more hours of daylight, perhaps a little less time on the treadmill and more time in the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [gym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow you guys rock. Congrats. I am at 97 runs now. Pavement running is still not great, but Woodway treadmill or track I have decent control over my bad leg. Today went to the indoor 400m track locally and ran with a good friend from our Air Force days from the early 90's. Main set was 10x400m faster with 200m jog recovery, witth a lot of drills before and afterwards. I started then at 100 seconds or so and gradually brought the speed down to 91 seconds. My friend helped me open up the tank a bit on the last one and get down to 87 seconds. One of the local coaches who I know from many years ago, said that the faster I was moving the better the form with my left leg, which corroborates with my feeling when I break through to "fast enough" to access old form with less compensation. I am positively encouraged. I think I can target running a sub 4 min 1K by the last day of the challenge, but I can't get back to the track till the day after the challenge and I probably should not risk running fast on pavement. By the way, my aerobic is really strong with all the hard swimming (any on the fish thread knows I have been doing these crazy 2x400m intervals that are 50fly-50free alternating) so my cardio can push my legs for stuff the legs are not ready for....on the other hand, my legs are well saturated with oxygen given the cardio fitness.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Mandai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mandai wrote:
200 runs and 1,000 miles target crossed - what a motivating challenge it was. Now retiring from the Challenge and swapping running shoes for bike shoes...

looks like you won over all and by mileage. im curious as to your training and run times.. have a strava profile to share?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see the finish line!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to start your sprint for the line..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power Giant wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sitting at 99. I guess tomorrow should be a decently hard run to qualify for "sprint!!!" Whoever started this challenge I praise and curse daily (that would be mainly cursing at myself in the mirror across the treadmill for coming up with this stupidity in 2006-2007, but it looks lilk I was the recipient of both the good and bad from my own event like everyone else). It's funny because years ago, someone asked if they could snowshoe run and I replied back, "If you want to run at half the normal speed with weights attached to each leg in knee deep snow, sure go nuts as long as both feet leave the ground on each stride". I found myself enjoying this slow moving torture, but out of the total, there will be in the range of 20 of these sessions that were lung busting on the snowshoes. So it is either 80/100 or 100/100 depending on how hard core you want to get on the counting, but 80/100 is better than being on crutches all winter like last year. So that's a win.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like 100/100 to me. Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power Giant wrote:

34 people are still right on schedule (97 runs or more). 38 are within 2 runs. You lot amaze me, all of you, bravo.

-Eric (languishing at 64)
Quote Reply
Re: 2016-2017 100 Runs/100 Days Challenge Dec 15-Mar 24 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Power Giant wrote:

34 people are still right on schedule (97 runs or more). 38 are within 2 runs. You lot amaze me, all of you, bravo.

-Eric (languishing at 64)

Folks have done a great job. I have never run this many days in a row, or mileage, etc. in my life. My first Du 2 weeks ago where I ran my fastest 10K ever
with a 38 something for a 6:14 pace at 60 says I am going to try and keep this going, if I can stay healthy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Ha! That is exactly what I did. Well, as much as an old lady with a cranky back and lazy hip can do. Ran 3 miles at the best pace for me in a while, and really let loose--for the first time in years--on the last hundred yards or so. 100 in the bag today, and crossed the finish line three days ahead of schedule.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply

Prev Next