Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2015 Cervelo S3
Quote | Reply
So I'm having the chance to buy a 2015 cervelo s3 for 1300usd as a way of upgrading my roadbike. I spend 99% of the time on my p3c so I dont want to blow alot of money on a new roadbike, but I do want something nice (and the colors match my p3c).

Anyone have experience with it? Is it a good deal? Mainly worried about comfort as these early aero bikes dont have the best reputation comfortwise. Ill be using the bike for rides in the mountains and cobbled classics etc, just rides where riding the TT just sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S3 [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
So I'm having the chance to buy a 2015 cervelo s3 for 1300usd as a way of upgrading my roadbike. I spend 99% of the time on my p3c so I dont want to blow alot of money on a new roadbike, but I do want something nice (and the colors match my p3c).

Anyone have experience with it? Is it a good deal? Mainly worried about comfort as these early aero bikes dont have the best reputation comfortwise. Ill be using the bike for rides in the mountains and cobbled classics etc, just rides where riding the TT just sucks.

I had that exact bike. I really liked it. FWIW, I came from a Supersix Evo to the S3 and loved the S3 on the flats and didn't notice any lose of comfort any where else. Went from the S3 to a R5 and biggest thing I noticed was the R5 was much snappier on the steeper stuff (which is no surprise).

That seems like a really good price (I'm assuming it's coming with Ultegra) so I'd say pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S3 [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im supposing it's still no drag on the climbs? Because I was looking at a canyon ultimate or supersix evo aswell.

It comes with dura ace and a zipp handlebar. Its 1900usd btw, made a mistake converting from euro to usd.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S3 [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it was fine on the climbs. The R5 for me was better though - but where I live there's mainly short, steep stuff. If your climbs are long and steady you likely wouldn't notice a big difference. Depending on the components you're looking at on the Canyon and Cannondale, those bikes are probably lighter. But if you're really only going to be riding this bike 1% of the time and it's significantly cheaper than those two options I'd go for it. It was a fun bike to ride...but so was my SuperSix. Not sure if that helps or not.
Quote Reply