Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2015/16 Cervelo s5, Hed Jet+6, help with tire choice
Quote | Reply
Looking for I guess some specific kind of help. I just bought a 2016 S5 frameset and am putting together my orders for components I need to build it up (hopefully next week). I have a pair of Hed jet 6+ coming and am trying to figure out tires. I "think" I should be able to run conti gp5000's in 25c, but I'd absolutley love someone to confirm that for me that has run this setup. I know that people out there had trouble with this setup and the 4000's in 25c, but also have read that the 5000's are more "true to size". Don't want to have to buy twice and have tires sitting around that I can't use. Would also much rather run the wider tires, but don't want to deal with the tires rubbing on the frame. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015/16 Cervelo s5, Hed Jet+6, help with tire choice [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of HED Jet + 6/9 that came with 25cm Conti 4k’s. They measure out at 28 and fit nicely on my Felt IA. Once these wear out I’ll switch to the Conti 5k TL in a size 28. Enjoy the new bike and hope that was helpful.

H4L

And according to my LBS the Conti 5k’s measure true to sizing.
Last edited by: Hawkeye4Life: Jun 3, 20 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: 2015/16 Cervelo s5, Hed Jet+6, help with tire choice [Hawkeye4Life] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OP has a Cervelo S5.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015/16 Cervelo s5, Hed Jet+6, help with tire choice [gregkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never tried that exact combination but I'm 99% confident it will work. I have a 2015 S5, and right now it has Bontrager Aeolus 3's on it mounted tubeless with 25mm 5000TL tires, and there is plenty of room on all sides leading me to believe I could probably even do 28s (just a guess never tried it). I think the inner width of the Jet 6's is slightly higher so the tire will be slightly wider mounted, but there's enough room that I can't imagine it wouldn't still work. I've also run Jet6+ wheels on that bike but typically with corsa speeds, and that worked great too, but still not exactly what you are looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. the HED. Jet6 with Conti Attack 22mm were measured as the fastest wheel set for the 2015 S5 .. to prevent frame rub personally I wouldn't go wider than 28mm measured width at the mounted tire [they can stretch after some days ore weeks] .. my 23mm GP4kSII on the rw is 1,4mm down of that .. but I've no first hand experience with GP 5k yet ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following.

I've got a 2013 S5 and HED Jet 5+ and run GP4k2 @23. Haven't tried 25s yet, but would like to hear if it's possible.
Quote Reply