Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice build Steve- how did u get to fix the junction box on the stem?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's zip tied to the stem cover. I also have the zip tie looped under the rear brake housing

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate - sorting out my di2 build and having trouble finding out how people mount the suckers- glue and zip ties is as good as anything I guess!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know some people have done velcro too. I would either do a zip tie or the Velcro.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What pads/holders are those?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg ergo

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought I remember you had Zipp Alumina before? How do tririg compare? I usually like mine as wide as they can go and the Zipps ended up curling way up my forearm.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do have the zipps. Though I haven't tried them yet. Was planning on riding both for a bit and see which ones I like better. I'm going to putt the zipps on sometime next week. I'll report back after a few rides on them.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks. I do like the look of those tririgs and will probably give them a try
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velcro seems to be nice if it sits.
Just as an aside Steve would you or any others be able to tell me the actual length of the tt shifter ends? With my mech set up, if they end up shorter, I will have to move the bar forward slightly as I'm always putting my hands over the levers as is. The reach is borderline short as is, any shorter and I have to play with bar length
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New 2018 Speed Concept!

Looks like it's a 7 series (500 OCLV).

6:1 fork, nice color, nice wheels, Ultegra... Can't see the basebar but seems to be the UCI legal.

Canadian site, so the price is in Canadian money

https://www.trekbikes.com/...018/?colorCode=black

I wonder if their will be major changes for the 9 series??
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,
Would you please tell me a material name of # 437029 arm pad holder ? I am trying to adhere the velcro tape on the holder. To enhance the adhesion, I think it's far better to put a primer chemical beforehand, which has a couple of types for PP, PE, or POM. I wonder if the parts is like POM.
Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 29, 17 5:59
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [hirochan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI.... Carl no longer works for trek.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl is no longer on the boards and has left Trek :(

For what it's worth, a lot of people just replace the stock Trek arm cups and pads with Zipp Vuka cups and pads.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean Zipp Vuka Alumina Clip Armrest Kit ? Does this fit 2014 SC9 GEN2 ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes and yes. If you search for my A2 Wind Tunnel thread you should see some pics of my setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please tell me the URL link or more searchable wording ? I tried to find it out, but failed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...20my%20trip#p6247199

I thought I had a better picture of the cockpit in that thread but I don't. This is the armpad kit you want. Note the hole spacing is the same as the Bontrager cups/pads but this is not "supported" by Trek. That said, I've been using these cups/pads for about two years now without issue and there' probably at least half a dozen others here on ST running them. I use the mounting holes closest to the center of the cups fore/aft and then just adjusted my plug-in mono to hit my desired pad X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for what's it worth I use the tri-rig and love them.

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now, I've got the Zipp Vuka Al pad kit. It's a heavy parts, compared with SC9's original. How are the screws to mount on the Zipp Vuka ? Can I use the original screws ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you please show me a picture of screwing/mounting the Zipp Vuka onto the SC9 pad wing ? I have no idea which holes to use for fixing them ?
It's like no compatibility on the Vuka's vertical hole line, since SC9 has the horizontal hole line.

Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 29, 17 6:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use two of the holes on the horizontal line toward the center of the pad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
t's not true I guess. The hole pitch of SC9 is 10mm, while Zipp is 25mm. Also, placing your arms should be really hurt by the edge of round arm cup.
Is there any way to post the photo of which file size is limitted less than 250 Mbites in this forum ?
Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 29, 17 9:05
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,
I'm looking to upgrade my 7.5 to electronic shifting. My bike shop will install Ultegra di2 for about $1100 which includes the brake lever shifting and labor. Seems like a pretty good deal given that the cheapest eBay upgrade kit is 1k which doesn't include basebar shifting and I would have to do the installation myself.
My other option is etap which is an extra $400 but it's much easier to install and I could do it myself.
Part of the reason why I'm upgrading is to make it easier to take my bike apart for travel, make fit changes, try new extensions etc.
Etap seems to do this better but the question is by how much and is it worth the extra $400?
Quote Reply

Prev Next