Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I'm not sure if and when a new SC is coming out but if one is coming out in the next year or two, please please please have a rim brake bike. As a previous owner of a gen 1 SC and a current owner of a gen 2 SC (and also had another gen 2 frame), I see no reason for disc brakes in triathlon.

I just want to put this out there as a loyal paying customer to trek.

Carry on...

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
As a previous owner of a gen 1 SC and a current owner of a gen 2 SC (and also had another gen 2 frame), I see no reason for disc brakes in triathlon.

why do you hate X-Terra?

point noted :-)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Carl. Are the new speed box's seen on the Tims' bikes going to be available?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unlikely. those are custom jobs (3-D printed by the looks of them) from our Race Shop for the Tims and Linsey.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl....

My velcro is starting to peel off my pad holder. How can I source a couple pieces that fit the pad holder? The pad holder part number only comes with the pad holder and no velcro.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the replacement arm pad part # 437028 includes the velcro.

otherwise, try this?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Will there be any new offerings for aero extensions? I have the stock bars (what are these anyway - ergo long?), S-bend and straight and none work. I have not tried the plug in thingy though and am keeping that as a last resort but to be honest I don't really like the look of it but can deal with it if it allows me to get in the proper position. On my previous generation Trek SC I used the Zipp race-bend and loved them, I am thinking I need something along the lines of those. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the plug'n'play mono and your favorite Zipp extensions is the way to go. No new mono shapes planned, sorry.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, where would i find all the niggly parts? Man my google-fu is failing. Parts such as bontrager replacement arm pads, the tiny screws and grommets that cover the front brake plastic shroud, Bottle boss plastic clip inserts etc? Im in Australia and am looking globally for these little knick knacks and am having a tough time. Any hints?Thank you!
By the way, i wish trek would bring back that Spartacus white speed concept bike with red lettering again, man that thing was awesome. I nearly got it when the 7.5 was project one, but opted for TFR black and white. Wish i got the spartacus one now! Love this bike though!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I just bought a second hand SC. The previous owner had changed the 3 aerobar as he had stripped the original Trek ones. I am having trouble with the aerobar due to it having play in the base bar. I have tightened all three bolts to the recommended torque specs of 6-8 nm. I was doing some reading and found that the two back bolts should be 20mm and the front one should be 30mm. The ones in my bike are 25mm for the back two bolts and the previous owner has put two washers on both rear bolts. I will go get some 20mm bolts asap, however do these washers need to be on the bolts, or are they a bodge by the previous owner that shouldn't be there?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rubber grommets are in bolt kit 437032. Carl gave me this info last week. You can order from Trek dealer. FYI its like $50.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Joerobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total bodge, and a likely source of the play you're experiencing.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sooner got the brake cover plugs...pads are 437028, and w308963 is the bottle boss plugs.

And I hear you on the spartacus scheme.

Cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I was looking at the Trek website and notice the Trek SC 9 series are gone. Was contemplating to purchase them!

Is this a sign that a new SC will be coming up?!

I hope it can accomodate with the eTap to hide the front control box well!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mankul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mankul wrote:
Hi Carl,

I was looking at the Trek website and notice the Trek SC 9 series are gone. Was contemplating to purchase them!

Is this a sign that a new SC will be coming up?!

I hope it can accomodate with the eTap to hide the front control box well!

If you're in Australia the 9 series won't show up because only the 9.9 is being brought in and that is out of stock till February on account of DA9170 not being available yet.

On the US site the only thing that doesn't show up is the 9.9 but the 9 series frame and 9.5 still show up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheFisher nailed it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
TheFisher nailed it.

Thanks!

No stock fpr eTap aero as well? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I buy a 45 mm mono spacer online?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what it looks like.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the part # is W326503. might find an online dealer by searching on that.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I drop the front any lower than this?

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like the 25 millimeter monospacer...if so, the 15mm would drop you down a little.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks!
Another question, I use the ski tip mono extension and I measured 36cm from end to end (where the mech. shifters plug in). Is this the longest version of the ski top mono extension? I'd prefer them a little longer as my hands rest on top of the shifters mostly - not a huge deal but kind of annoying. Just wondering if they were cut prior to install or something. The frame size is L.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The long ergo is what comes on stock bikes...from that measurement it sounds like you've got that one already.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Morning Carl,

One of the bottle cage bosses has worked it's way loose from this frame. Would you recommend using epoxy to re-secure it or would the better option be to take it to the shop for a new rivnut?

Last edited by: f18guy: Nov 26, 16 5:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next