Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the most part, that's set up correctly. ..the wires are routed right, but the zip tie isn't ...idea is to open up the indicated holes on the inside of the cover (see this post:http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4958544#4958544) and run the ties through those. Looks like it's not possible to use both sets of holes with your stem size and mono location, but I'd think at least the rearward set should be available.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironma'am wrote:

Is this wired correctly? Just picked up my bike, the junction box obviously won't stay on this way as the zip tie just slides off. Are the wires supposed to come out of the front?
The mechanic said he had to file down the stem to keep it from rubbing the paint.

Just use velcro tape. Put the one piece on the top of the stem cover and the other on the bottom of the junction box. That's what I did. Works like a charm.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I don't see a cover, just the stem. Is there supposed to be another piece? Or is it there and I don't notice it? Or are the holes in the stem itself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wired mine up to come out in the same location. I also used a razor blade and shaved off the little "foot" that clicks into the mounting base for a road bikes. Then with the bottom flat I was able to just use some automotive trim adhesive (strong, thin double sided tape) to hold it in place. With that foot shaved off I bet you would be able to move your junction box forward and slide it somewhat under the mono extension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The plastic piece your junction box is sitting on right now is the stem cover.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good to me. Nothing wrong with the junction box zip tied to the stem cover. You have the low-far stem and there really isn't any other good place to put the junction box that won't be exposed to wind. Mine is attached to the stem cover via zip tie and it never comes off. Put a new zip tie on there and pull it nice and tight.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going in the classified section as well, but I am looking for (2) 35mm mono-spacers. If anyone has one they are not using, please PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alcam,

I have a 15mm if you have a 35mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there replacement stem cover bolts avaliable? Or specsthat I can get to buy them at the hardware store?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not available separately...they come in the handlebar bolt kit 437027, and the specs are M4x8mm flat head (countersunk), stainless

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does everyone use as far as brake pads for carbon rims? I ran swiss stop yellows on my old SC and changed pads before and after every race. I remember hearing the newer SC is kind of a pain to get the pads in and out (tight fitment). Can anyone recommend me some good carbon pads that had no fitment issues on the sc brake pad holder?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the swisstop black prince? That's what our team uses if they're not using the bontrager cork pads.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not yet but thats where I was leaning towards. Do you know which type of black prince the team runs? It looks like the flash evo may a good choice for clearances.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, Flash Evo.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, any chance you could chime in here?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5877380;search_string=speed%20concept;#5877380

Would be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not seeing much I can add...other than to clarify a couple details:

-adding carbon to a damaged or otherwise oversize molded BB cup is not a BB90 repair procedure.

-the V2 bearing itself isn't oversize...it's a regular spec bearing with a shim to take up the extra space. it was developed as a remedy for oversized BB cups in an early batch of 2010-era Madones. molding specs were changed after an internal investigation, greatly reducing the rate of occurrence, but the V2 bearing has stayed in the warranty department's toolbox as one of those just-in-case things.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to get touch up paint? (Chi red)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid we don't offer touch-up paint. Testors brand model/hobby paint has been one of our go-to recommendations in the past. Large color selection so you should be able to get very close. Their 1/4oz jars are a great size and really pretty cheap too.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It got a pretty nasty chip on the fork during the build when the mechanic turned the handlebar too far to the right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a part number for the di2 grommet on the rear derailleur? The part number on the service manual is the mechanical one. Just realized mine is gone and would like to replace it.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
W317292

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just replying to the last in the thread ...

Anyone with a short Ergo mono-extension bar interested in trading for a long?

Project One bike on order, but they are out of the short bars. Per measurements I think the long will be too long, so looking to swap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

First you have been an invaluable asset here, I certainly hope your bosses know that.

I have a 2014 sc & the front fairing broke. I had my bike shop order a new one W306643. The new fairing from the crown of the fork towards the stem is hourglassed shaped, rather than straightedged like the headtube of my frame.

Before I take it back can you explain why this is? Is this a sc 7 part or a new part? If i can't get a replacement I will have to try & epoxy together the old one.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the kind words.

yeah...that's the 1st generation medium-XS front brake cover. the corresponding 2014 SC part# is W326645

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Mar 10, 16 18:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, what about for a medium? I pulled that part number right out of the manual, weird.
Quote Reply

Prev Next