W326501 25mm
W326502 35mm
W326503 45mm

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alcam24 wrote:
Been looking like crazy online and cant find anything......I want to swap the riser block between the base bars and aero bar....currently have the tallest....want to shortest....whats that called and what the part number?

Thanks

You should have all the different size risers. I think there's four of them and they should be with the spare parts you got when you bought the bike.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, Trek's website has been revamped and it's seemingly impossible to find the 2014 SC Service Manual on the new website. I have a new computer and lost the pdf. Can you link that for me?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Carl, where would be the best place to purchase these?

GMAN - I picked up my 2014 9.5SC second hand, I got it with no spare parts
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I remember a publication came out in August that consumers would be able to buy Trek parts online instead of going directly to a local dealer. Is there still a plan for this? If so, when?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not on there since the revamp. I noticed that right away and sent a note to the content guys.

in the meantime, courtesy of the wayback machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140326194219/http://www.trekbikes.com/pdf/owners_manuals/Trek_2014_Speed_Concept_Service_Manual.pdf

:-)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new site launched on November 20th. Where parts are concerned it's an aftermarket focus...service parts, for example, won't show up via that channel. Whether or not that will change in the future I don't know.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl, I was looking for that manual as well, I was able to find manual for 2013 model, but 2014 was totally gone, saving this one :)

I even called Trek in the morning and was send to the place where I bough the bike. I also noticed Speed Concept geometry size charts are gone on new website. In the past I could find almost everything at bontrager.com but that site is redirecting to trekbikes.com.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup...I noted the size charts omission too in my note to the content troops. and a few other things.

and yes, bontrager.com now redirects to trekbikes.com, as all aftermarket Bontrager items are now living there under the "equipment" and "apparel" tabs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
it's not on there since the revamp. I noticed that right away and sent a note to the content guys.

in the meantime, courtesy of the wayback machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140326194219/http://www.trekbikes.com/pdf/owners_manuals/Trek_2014_Speed_Concept_Service_Manual.pdf

:-)

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Howdy-

they're called mono-spacers and the PNs are:

W326500 15mm
W326501 25mm
W326502 35mm
W326503 45mm

Anybody have a 15 laying around they want to send my way?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

By any chance could you post actual sizes (length and height) of trek Speed Concept 9 gen 2 Stems:

low-near
low-far
Med- near
Med- far
tal-near
tal--far

I can't find that anywhere.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
length and height from where to where? what is it you expect to find out? their respective contributions to pad and basebar location are built into the fit chart...not clear to me what you think you'll get from having these measurements.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tall far stem, I think it is 110mm long , how much shorter is Med Near, I have seen some time ago 67mm length for all near stems? But I'm not sure, also what is the difference in height between tall-med-low, from fit tables seems 35mm between tall-med and 45 between med and low?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stem stack and reach contributions as follows, using forward bar clamping hole as theoretical reach, and top of bar as stack

Stem Stack (mm) Reach (mm)

Low-near 21 82
Low-far 13 115
Med-near 56 72
Med-far 48 115
Hi-near 91 72
Hi-far 83 115

so, from your hi-far to a med-near you'd drop 27mm and come back 59mm

stack differences are 35mm...but there's a shift as you go from near to far. IOW, all fars are 35mm apart in stack...and so are all nears...but the fars have a lower starting point than the nears...so for example it's not 35mm drop from med-far to low near, it's only 27mm.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot, this is perfect! I get it about near and far ratio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

Do the ergo long or short extensions come with the stock large 9.9?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure ergo longs are oe for all stock bikes.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Pretty sure ergo longs are oe for all stock bikes.

Excellent thanks for quick reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I can tell, you can only get the stock color, stock build on the XS. No Project One.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious how do I get access to the junction box B in the seat tube. Do I need to pull the BB bearings out? I pulled the seat post out but it seems like the cables aren't long enough to pull the jb out through the top of the seat tube.

Carl... do you have personal preference on BB bearings on your SC? Thinking about upgrading to the ceramic speed bearings but I'm a little hesitant on their longevity and durability.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stock Di2 setups have wire lengths based on access through the BB.

As for BB bearings, I'm probably not the best person to ask...I tend to grab whatever's lying around that feels good, and if they go bad or get noisy (which is rare) I just replace with something else lying around. I also tend to have lots of bikes (with different bearing sets) in action at any given time. That said, one that I'm pretty sure I don't have on any of my bikes is the CeramicSpeed...but that's a matter of not finding (or being given) a set to try.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl - is it true that the Speed Concept has been discontinued in size XS?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely sold out at present, not even any available in the closeouts. Don't know for sure on being discontinued. ..I get a late March availability when i try to pull one up (9.5 wsd) in the dealer ordering system, but as I always say, that's subject to change. Your dealer should be able to get a more definitive answer via their rep.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next