Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The support bolt helps the fd inthe rigidity department and helps minimize flex under load during shift. I am sure there are plenty getting by without it, but I have always used it and find it does help the front shifting. The toe angle is mainly set by the bolt holding the fd to the braze on point, but it can use the support either way.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you and Carl. This confirms my thoughts. It can only help to have another support point as I do feel the cage being a bit flimsy.

I'll try to find that plate. If it does not fix it, maybe there's something going on with the FD itself. Thanks again for your feedback!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I have tried to find information from my Trek LBS and in the white paper, fit guide as well as manual for my 2014 Trek 7.5:

What is the exact length difference between the long and short ergo aerobar extension?

How can I identify which of the two are installed on my bike from stock?

Is the length adjustment range for both extension identical?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [kman79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kman79 wrote:
What is the exact length difference between the long and short ergo aerobar extension?

~40mm

kman79 wrote:

pretty sure all stock bikes get the long ergo

kman79 wrote:

the length of the section where you can mount the pad wing is identical, the cut-to-length portion at the shifter end is identical, but the latter is 40mm further away from the pads.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
kman79 wrote:

~40mm

kman79 wrote:

pretty sure all stock bikes get the long ergo

kman79 wrote:

the length of the section where you can mount the pad wing is identical, the cut-to-length portion at the shifter end is identical, but the latter is 40mm further away from the pads.

and if anyone needs a LONG one, message me. It's collecting dust.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

i realize i may be beating a dead horse. I just want to verify the pad wing spacer is not required. I need a little more drop and realized the spacer was still in there. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [adc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Optional. Drop away!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

This isn't speed concept related but any idea if there will be a re-design to the madone for 2016? I'm not sure if I should wait until the 2016 models come out before buying a new road bike.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry...but I'm not the guy to ask. I can only say the innovation and development cycle never really ends.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have a 2014 Speed Concept in a 9 Series. Has anyone replaced the pads with Cee Gees? If so, which model of Cee Gees fit correctly? It seems from their website that they have 3 options (one Trek Speed Concept, and two Bontrager models). I can't tell which pads fit the current 9 series aero bars. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, hope you are well.
I'm looking at purchasing a SC 7.0 in the next few days (2015).
I own a 2013 SC 9.9 and a 2009 equinox...
I'm looking at the 7.0 as I really like the integration options (draft box and food box and fin) and I also want to take a step back from front end integration to see what I think for a little while...
My question is, is it possible to upgrade the front end of the 2015 7.0 provided I order in the correct parts down the track (if I want to hide the cables in the cockpit)... And also am I able to upgrade the aluminium seat post to carbon?
Cheers
Jeremy
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sommer wrote:
I currently have a 2014 Speed Concept in a 9 Series. Has anyone replaced the pads with Cee Gees? If so, which model of Cee Gees fit correctly? It seems from their website that they have 3 options (one Trek Speed Concept, and two Bontrager models). I can't tell which pads fit the current 9 series aero bars. Any help is much appreciated.

https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=122

The Bontrager Race Lite

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Mr.Bump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr.Bump wrote:
Hey Carl, hope you are well.
I'm looking at purchasing a SC 7.0 in the next few days (2015).
I own a 2013 SC 9.9 and a 2009 equinox...
I'm looking at the 7.0 as I really like the integration options (draft box and food box and fin) and I also want to take a step back from front end integration to see what I think for a little while...
My question is, is it possible to upgrade the front end of the 2015 7.0 provided I order in the correct parts down the track (if I want to hide the cables in the cockpit)... And also am I able to upgrade the aluminium seat post to carbon?
Cheers
Jeremy

I'll beat Carl to it and say yes :) That's exactly what I did. Cost was just short of $1,000 for me. I had similar thoughts to you but, honestly, it's the best front end I've come across. I have very minor niggles/suggestions for overall improvement but, again, the best I've come across and very very aero. Much easier to set up, deal with, and adjust vs the last generation.... but make sure you have a bit of shifter cable slack if you're going to slide you extensions fore/aft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease nailed it. Your Trek dealer can find a handy form on their ordering system which walks them through the cockpit upgrade steps, and the seatposts are easy to find in that system too under the Speed Concept accessories link. Cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Greenplease, thanks for your response...
If you don't mind me asking how come you originally purchased the 7.0 instead of the 7.5... And what made you want to upgrade the integrated front, besides obviously it being well designed?
Did you end up putting a carbon seat post in aswell? I have an aluminium seat post on the equinox and a carbon on the 2013 sc and the ride feels a lot smoother on the sc... In part to a few reasons I think but the carbon seat post helps :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr.Bump wrote:
Hey Greenplease, thanks for your response...
If you don't mind me asking how come you originally purchased the 7.0 instead of the 7.5... And what made you want to upgrade the integrated front, besides obviously it being well designed?
Did you end up putting a carbon seat post in aswell? I have an aluminium seat post on the equinox and a carbon on the 2013 sc and the ride feels a lot smoother on the sc... In part to a few reasons I think but the carbon seat post helps :-)

I upgraded to the integrated cockpit for aerodynamics. The cockpit can make as much of a difference as the frame. I kept my aluminum seat post though. Honestly, I doubt it makes any difference to the ride (at least for me, I'm running 25mm tire in the rear at 85psi) plus the aluminum post is an extra margin of safety against seat post slippage.

Someday I'll do a detailed post as to why I stuck with certain components vs others and how I did my Di2 setup.

Oh yeah, didn't get a 7.5 because I really really really don't like black and red and I was ok with getting 105 to get the colors I wanted. Knew I was upgrading to Ui2 eventually anyways.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey mate... I'm thinking the same, I have looked at the red and black colour scheme a few times and am not a big fan... And I don't have the money for a 9 series atm...
Upgrading it to di2 is also something I'm considering.
Yeah when you get a chance I'd love to see a picture of your bike and see what you used for the di2 upgrade.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl , I finally got my 7.5 and I am loving it! Shoulders get a little sore after a while, probably cause its a little too narrow for my broad shoulders/flexibility, even at the widest setting.
Does Trek make any part that allows you to extend the width a little more on the pads? Or is there an aftermarket part that you are aware of that would do the trick?
Thanks for all the help on here.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be WIDE! Try using the Zipp Vuka Alumina arm cups. They bolt right up. Should give you a touch more width at their widest and they're super comfy =)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't make an accessory like that. GreenPlease may have suggested the best solution for you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,
I would like to know the original brake housing provided by PJ-1, SC9 ? Is that Jagwire, right ? Could you tell the type of the outer housing ? I like to buy the same one. There looks no such type in the Jagwire normal sales. How can I obtain it ? TREK dealer was not aware of the part code, when I inquired of it.
I have set up Shimano cables, PTFE, Polymer, so many times in these three months, to terminate rattle in the whole of aero handle, but never ever worked well. Any suggestion on the type of the brake outer housing ?
Last edited by: hirochan: May 22, 15 18:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I'm looking for a replacement lower headset bearing for my GEN 1 Trek Speed Concept. Tried my Trek LBS and they ordered a 1" headset bearing that won't fit. Would you happen to know the Trek part no.?

Thanks

Neil
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [hirochan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
honestly, i don't know what the OE housing brand is for sure.

at the same time, I don't think the housing spec will have any effect on rattle in in the handlebar. of all the anti-rattle measures I have experimented with, nothing works as well as having the right length of housing to begin with. I find that if there is too much excess housing all I have to do is pull the housing until it's tight and the rattle vanishes. that tells me if I cut the housing to the right length the same thing will happen...no rattle.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [mendne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next