Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by TiP-X [ In reply to ]
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [TiP-X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiP-X wrote:
Thanks for your answer. here is what I see in euros from the french website:
SC 9.9, black paint job (series paint job), ultegra, Race Lite LTR, R3 tires => 6,529.99€
SC 9.5 => 5799€
730€ of difference, that's quite a lot for the paint difference. But you are right, there is almost no difference is $US from the US website.

Anyway, I should probably go with the frameset option, I don't need wheels.

For information: seems like it has been fixed
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
Now I am hearing same order time. Btw, just noticed ultegra 6870 di2 showing up in drivetrain options. I swore it wasn't listed 2 days ago. Bumps it up to $7500 but a good middle option 9.75 model.

Motherfucker! No, it wasn't there a couple of days ago because that's what I would've ordered had it been an option. $1732.50 appears to be my fee for rushing to order the new bike. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6870 is available for a build option but is 150days out
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction 77-80 days if orderded now (6870)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Correction 77-80 days if orderded now (6870)

Okay, that makes me feel better. I'll stick with my 14 day 9070 build. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I am seeing ~95 days for Di2. going to order the 9.5 build on Thursday and upgrade to di2 next year.

Anyone seeing the new accessories out yet?

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl a few questions:

- How difficult it is to pack the bike - ie in the last SC it took like 14 bolts to be unscrewed; will this now be any simpler?

- What stem options will frameset be available with

- is there enough of space around the rear brake to change the pads without the necessity to remove the cranks

appreciate your thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [crwnikeboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a SC a few months ago and I'm so relieved to see that I like the one I got better than the new version! I bet that objectively the new one is an improvement but it doesn't trigger my bike lust as much.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a 2013 SC 9.9 as a replacement frame from Trek with no components; so I have to purchase components (failed frame was a TTX). Any idea what of the new is backward compatible? Even things like the new speedbox and rear brake cover; assume front end stuff and brakes are exclusive, but thought I would ask.

I found a steerer stub and seatpost on ebay; so i am looking for everything else proprietary; brakes; covers, extras....

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi R2

I count 7 bolts for packing disassembly.

[edit] Framesets are treated like Project 1 bikes where stems are concerned: you can choose your stem to match your fit. Stock bikes follow the same pattern the previous bike did: Low-near on the XS, Medium-near on the Small, and Medium-far for M-L-XL. Dealers may choose to stock and/or swap stems at their discretion.

The orientation of the brake pad security bolts (i.e. the ones holding the pads in the carriers...not the ones holding the carriers to the brake arms) was changed to allow access from underneath the bike, so you should be able to do a pad swap without any crank interference.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Jul 23, 13 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ktm520

The speedbox (toptube storage) is backward compatible, though the fit isn't as clean to the old cable hood as it is to the new toptube shape. 2-pack fits on almost any saddle with normal rails (i.e. not a Monolink style). The new bottle cage goes anywhere you can currently mount a bottle. Rear brake cover and the rest of the new frame-related bits aren't backward compatible.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Carl,

Can you share with me when the new 2014 7 Series will be available and debut? I'm on the fence of getting a 2013 SC 7.8 or hold off for the 2014 to come out. Is it gonna be redesigned like the 9 Series?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [skwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Afraid I can't comment on that right now...other than to say the 2013 7series uses pretty much everything (feature-wise) on the 2013 9series from the headtube on back...and we even put as much of it as we could into the 2-series bikes...so we seem to have a history of some trickle-down. Maybe even more than a trickle.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh you tease, Mr Matson!

Congratulations on another great piece of work by the way. If the Mk1 wasn't so good, I'd be warming up the credit card.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to chime in and say you guy at Trek seems to have been doing a really good job with your TT/Tri bikes the last couple of years. I have really gained some respect for you guys. I also enjoyed the new SC white paper, thanks for sharing some of the yaw plots - and you have a good point about yaws actually should be weighed according to energy demand/drag and not time. I would think that *generally* this would emphasis lower yaw a bit more than higher yaws since the highest yaw angles are with a tail/crosswind, but it will of course be course-specific.

And pretty gutsy to show those results for the P5 - I guess your marketing department didn't get to see those before release? :p
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone has to counteract the junk that the "you can't trust anyone" crowd is trying to convince you all of.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl - what is the bike weight - i could not find it anywhere. Also with such a variety of position what is better to choose smaller frame with higher stack of bigger frame with lower

appreciate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so the SC7 is like the new 9 but you can use your own bars presumaly...
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, 9 and 7 series will look the same in all details. The only difference is that the 7 serie will be of the less expensive but a little heavier carbonfiber type then the 9 series is using.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not much in it then!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not our policy to publish bike weights.

That said, I think the Velonews gang posted a weight for their media bike build. That's a Medium with Aeolus 9's and EPS.

Ordinarily I'd agree with those who prioritize aero frame over aero (or not) cockpit hardware, but that really applies most appropriately to bike systems where there's less attention paid by the manufacturer to one or the other. We've worked hard on the SC projects to do the best we can with both, so I'd say let your fit determine the frame size via our new fit chart. One test we did run in the tunnel was tall stem short spacer vs short stem tall spacer for the same frame size, and it came up a wash, so if your fit (at the pads) can accommodate one or the other bar position, by all means choose the one you're most comfortable with for braking & climbing.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Oct 8, 13 12:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry dude, that doesn't make sense.
The 7 series this time around will be just like last time around. Same shapes as the 9 from the head tube back, but no outboard+integrated front brake/fork.
This is their mid-market offering, and it's vital to keep it affordable.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude,

Did you actually have seen a new 7 series? I did last week and they are exactly the same except for the carbon used.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I have not. just using cost estimation and complexity to build and maintain as my guide.

I got a 7.0 for $2250 brand new. It would seem extremely difficult to get into that price range with only changes to the quality of carbon going into the molds. Couple that with Damon's first hand info that the 7 is the same from the head tube back, and I am going to go ahead and stand by my statement.

Given that Damon can't comment any further about the 7 series, I am guessing that there isn't one floating around in the wild to be viewed, and that you were lead astray.

If I am somehow incorrect, then I shall formally apologise.

Chris
Quote Reply

Prev Next