Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt AR [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New or old S5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome. Nice choice of wheels too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upgraded from 10 speed 105 to Ultegra 11 speed and added FSA K-wing bars.[/url][/img][/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
There are a hundred people in various posts having issues with this. Google it dude.
The difflock end caps for oval rails measure 7x10mm. Most of the main stream popular saddles are 7x9mm. These won't work - Do the math. And the ones that do work creak. So I need to use the end caps for alloy round rails and buy a new saddle.
Listen, I love my AR but this is an issue.

3T makes 7mm round caps and then they also machine the inner and outer rail surfaces to accommodate 7mm x 10mm oval rails.
Have you considered just opening up the 7mm round cap 1mm on the top of the outer cap and 1mm on the bottom of the inner red ano splined rail support?

The VM seatpost would also work on any rail size including the oddball stuff like 7.4mm x 8.8mm, forged aluminum rails of inconsistent cross section, and the undersized original solid kit carbonio rails from Selle Italia.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was on the old S5 with 6870 but also on HED wheels. Same tires and tubes.

The two biggest things most immediately noticeable were confidence while descending and the smoothed out road feel.

In no way am I saying all S5s are twitchy while descending but I'd get speed wobble so often that I basically just stopped descending. Most indications point to it simply being a random combination of my front end, bars, stem, and myself on the S5 that just didnt come together right (yes, I'd gone over it numerous times ensuring that everything was properly torqued, etc). The stem length and angle has changed on the AR which might play a part but was still using a very common stem length and angle on the S5 (100mm and 6 degree +/-). First time out/going down on the AR just felt so much more - less frightening. I don't know how else to explain. The S5 I felt was always on the verge of going into a speed wobble. Sometimes even on flats in gusty wind conditions while 20-25mph. I just didn't get that feeling on the AR. Time will tell further I guess.

The second thing - ride feel - is much more subjective. And I wasn't able to do a back to back. But I do run the same tires, wheels and tire pressures. Same saddle. Same bars. And the AR just seems to smooth things out so much better.

The one drawback I've found so far is the rear DA direct mount damn near wont open wide enough to prevent brake rub while using the Jet + wheels. Under hard efforts uphill or sprinting, I could hear a very small amount of brake rub. Which I can just file down a bit. The new Jet + Blacks and their brake track treatment make a very distinct noise under braking which made it easier to hear the rub.

Overall I'm super happy. I'm debating throwing an Omega X on the front primarily for aeroweenieness purposes. But just really love the DA front brake. Anyway, I'll try to get up some better pics at some point. The front end is super clean with the junction box housed within the stem.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the wheels. But damn if they arent hard to mount tires on. They also make a cool noise under braking (which they do extremely well). So theres that.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
overdo, but better get mine up here too. 2014 AR1, came from a Cervelo R5 which (SD will disagree) was a better pure climber, but the AR is more stable, tighter, more compliant, QUIETER, and a pure joy to ride.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks super nice. I'm hoping to grab one of the new 2016s =)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi Dave.

Firstly, I have been riding my AR1 all season and love it completely. I've raced it, used it in tri's, taken it on climbing hols, and its it performs without fault no matter what you ask of it. Welldone on an amazing bike.

But I do have one small problem. The 25mm setback on my 51cm bike is simply too much. Especially as I run my cleats pushed pretty far back. When reversed for Tri position the seatpost clamps my tri saddle in the center of the rails. But used for road riding in the standard position, I have to clamp my rails at the very back, Beyond the safety line.

I have tried to purchaser the 5mm setback post. But it appears this is only available to US cyclists. Which seems a very strange policey to me.

Is there anyway of getting a 5mm setback post sent to Norway? or even England?

Regards

Lee

Last edited by: Smallfurry: Aug 28, 15 1:18
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [Smallfurry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those Di2 users looking to get the cleanest possible front end. I've installed a Tharsis XC stem, and drilled a small hole in the back of my expensive ENVE bars. My 5 port Junction Box is now inside the stem, With the exit cable coming out just above the top steerer clamp bolt. You can achieve a similar result without drilling, as the Tharsis has a cable entry point below the faceplate. I intend to use this for my TT shifters when I use the bike for tri's.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. So no New seatpost for me :(

But I do definitely need New headset bearings. I cant seem to find a FSA No.38 1 1/4" - 1 1/8" headset anywhere. Does anyone have the bearing Dimensions to hand? I could dismantle mine and measure. Just a bit lazy, and a little unsure how to get all the measurements right.

Cheers

Lee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smallfurry wrote:
OK. So no New seatpost for me :(

But I do definitely need New headset bearings. I cant seem to find a FSA No.38 1 1/4" - 1 1/8" headset anywhere. Does anyone have the bearing Dimensions to hand? I could dismantle mine and measure. Just a bit lazy, and a little unsure how to get all the measurements right.

Cheers

Lee

Lee,
This will fit:
http://www.fullspeedahead.com/...-integrated-headset/

You can use the bearings from this headset and retain your current top cover or use the carbon cover if you prefer a position between the short 4.5mm cover and the 25mm Felt F-Wing stack.
You can discard the crown race as we build this into the fork itself to increase strength and reduce weight.-

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brilliant.
Cheers.

Lee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave
Attempting to replace my saddle

I can't get the cam system to clamp on my new saddle
Have fiddled with it for hours grease and all the new rails are round vs not round on first saddle
What do I do
Have my new Tk1 on the way also

Thanks in advance for the help

Gebe
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple quick pics from the last couple times I went to see Jim@Ero. In the last pic was after changing to a Specialized Romin Pro which looks great and is super comfortable. Just couldn't get enough setback in the road position with the Adamo. 6870 with sprint shifters through Enve aero road bars into a 3t Integra Team stem with the 5 port junction inside. Also jag wire elite pro links for the brakes.

Last edited by: LOW2000: Oct 5, 15 22:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaxApp wrote:
Dave
Attempting to replace my saddle

I can't get the cam system to clamp on my new saddle
Have fiddled with it for hours grease and all the new rails are round vs not round on first saddle
What do I do
Have my new Tk1 on the way also

Thanks in advance for the help

Gebe

What saddle were you using?
What saddle did you change to?
What are the seat rail dimensions
What seatpost are you using? VM or VR?

Where did you buy your bike?
Where did you buy the replacement saddle?

-Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my shop found that if you get anywhere close to the max Nm labeled on the clamp, you will actually bend/crack the clamp parts. I would not go over 6-7Nm even though it say 12-14?? happened to me and I was not at 12-14, but we could see the deformation in the little clamp arms. poor design on that part by 3T to label it as they have when essentially that breaks the part(before you reach the limit)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fizik Curve Snake odd modern rail shape

Fizik Arione standard round rails

I have the standard seat post for some reason it is what shipped with the bike rather that the 3T clamp post

Sunshine in Greenville SC

I had the saddle.

Can i get replacement parts or the seat post that should have come with the AR FDR or did the spec change?

Thanks Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be remiss if I didn't point out that I have an incredible AR for sale here on ST. Upgraded with Di2, great bars and a very clean front end.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=5790593#5790593
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [caamano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only it was a 51....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to take the stem face plate off to charge and adjust?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Not really something I've found I have to do that often though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks looks greats
i will try that and maybe add d-fly to see battery level
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be tempted to chuck the D-fly into the seatpost.

I have a custom garmin Mount for my 920xt now. Bolts onto the lower 2 faceplate bolts. So everything is Nice and neat now. The Tharsis is a great stem BTW.
Quote Reply

Prev Next