Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt AR [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look white in the pic but they are light silver.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [DLR1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok same as mine. I thought I was getting white decals when I ordered mine and I was surprised when they were actually silver. Looks good though. I am putting the new Specialized Power Saddle on mine.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,

Quick question for you...
I had to pull back both derailleur cables in order to cut the housings shorter on my AR4 as I flipped the stem and took out a bunch of spacers. After re-cabling, my shifting seems a bit off. If I increase the cable tension on the rear enough so the upshifts are crisp, then it hesitates on the downshifts into the smaller cogs. I'm wondering if it's possible to "cross" the cables inside the bottom bracket so that the front cable may be laying on top of the rear and "pinching" it?

I'm gonna redo the cables soon, but was just wondering if you've heard of this before.

Thanks,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Hi Dave,

Quick question for you...
I had to pull back both derailleur cables in order to cut the housings shorter on my AR4 as I flipped the stem and took out a bunch of spacers. After re-cabling, my shifting seems a bit off. If I increase the cable tension on the rear enough so the upshifts are crisp, then it hesitates on the downshifts into the smaller cogs. I'm wondering if it's possible to "cross" the cables inside the bottom bracket so that the front cable may be laying on top of the rear and "pinching" it?

I'm gonna redo the cables soon, but was just wondering if you've heard of this before.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, yes it is possible to tangle the cables inside the downtube. Install them one at a time and use the trap door to ensure they haven't been crossed. You might also be able to check the cables by looking inside the head tube with the fork removed.

And thank you for cutting your cable housing down.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave, I have two little questions, first one, if I want to go to a carbon saddle with 7x9 rails do I need the whole difflock module for oval rail or just the oval caps is fine?http://store.3tcycling.com/...-oval-rails-187.html

Second thing, I have some creaking/ clicking issue at the saddle/seat post, I went at the lbs yesterday to get it checked, they greased up the difflock module some more and it seemed good but today it was almost all the time so it didn't solve the issue. I'm going back tomorrow to get it checked again but maybe you are aware of something I don't know that might help.

I use a fizik arione with k:ium rails on my ar5
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well bottles that fill truncated airfoils or create the leading edge of a brake are an advantage.
Of course most bikes with designs that favor round bottles cross the finish line in pro races without them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this intended to be in response to my comments/questions regarding the "comparison" between the new venge and a correctly set up AR (good bars, electronic, crono bottles) in the other thread? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [alexvpaq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't plan on using any main stream carbon rail saddles on this bike, they will not work. I wasted $80 in ordering a new diff lock mechanism for oval carbon rails but that doesn't work with any mainstream carbon rail saddles (fizik, selle italia, specialized etc).

Really disappointed about this, I could have put the $80 towards a new saddle with ti or allow rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, so, that's not true.

Google will tell you/show you otherwise. As will felts own site. As well a myriad of bikes already pictured in this thread.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt AR [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah? Do tell how that is not true. 7x9mm carbon oval rails will not work with this system. Which are carbon rail saddle brands like selle italia, specialized, fizik. You install these saddles, torque to spec and they slide all over the place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Google...

Or the search function...

Or browse this thread!

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by titemple652 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a hundred people in various posts having issues with this. Google it dude.

The difflock end caps for oval rails measure 7x10mm. Most of the main stream popular saddles are 7x9mm. These won't work - Do the math. And the ones that do work creak. So I need to use the end caps for alloy round rails and buy a new saddle.

Listen, I love my AR but this is an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The saddle stocked on the AR FRD has 7x9 carbon rails. I use a Specialized Romin Pro (7x9 rails). I've seen one with the Fizik Arione R1. Also 7x9.

But as you deleted...I could be an idiot.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So explain why my exact same Romin does not work? Or my Selle Italia SLR or my Sitero? I have 17 years experience as a cyclist and have been wrenching for the past 8 so I know my stuff. Why are so many others posting on various sites about this issue?

I will make a video in the next few days to prove my point. Using all 3 of these saddles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly have no idea. Which is why I originally responded. I guess it's possible the FRD uses a different clamp system then the standard AR? Haven't really looked into that.

You could have messaged Dave first though?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob.

I have the AR1 and bought it as a frame set. I know the AR1 uses the more compliant but slightly heavier seat post. Perhaps the side clamping mechanism is different? I did message Dave previously and he seemed to concur and listed some saddle that would work - one I had never heard of.

I tried a fix by putting some epoxy around my rails but it doesn't last very long. About a ride, maybe 2 max.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you carefully reviewed the owners manual to make sure everything is oriented and assembled correctly, including the use of friction paste?

http://www.feltbicycles.com/...AR_Owners_Manual.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The AR1 seat post is different, mine is the VR seat post so it is this post with 3T end caps for 7x9mm oval rails that is having this problem. Thanks for the input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The instructions for the VR seatpost with a footnote for the oval rails are also included in that pdf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep read that. It says that the vr post comes with round rails and oval ones need to be purchased separately, and they are the end caps I purchased separately - directly from Felt (thru dealer) but they only work for 7x10mm carbon rails. And FWIW they sell only the entire difflock system not just the end caps for oval rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So had a closer look at some images online of the AR vs AR FRD and they definitely have a different clamp mechanism. Which I feel like I rember reading somewhere. The 3T clamp seems to encompass the entire rail while the FRD squeezes from the top and bottom. Exposing the side of the rail.

Maybe it's possible to swap to the FRD seatpost? Though that'd prove costly I'm sure.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it probably will cost a lot but then I could use my saddles. Maybe they give me an $80 credit! Something to consider. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So still some things I need to cleanup (the giant exposed steerer tube) but wanted to share this on the thread now. I'll get some better pics up later but this was from the first ride last night.

I've moved the junction box inside the stem which I'll photograph in more detail later too.

Might even do a mini review. I'm coming from an S5 and the differences are quite noticeable and certainly in favor of the AR. Can't wait to get back out on it.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply

Prev Next