Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this.
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can find a spare fork for a 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size: Small.

I bought the frame with fork back in September 2018 from eBay and finished building it by end of year 2018.
I rode it first time on January 1st, 2019. It was a perfect day to start my new TT bike BUT after riding only 5 miles slowly,
I fell on the ground due to broken fork. The seller did not tell me this fork had been damaged and repaired before.
Unfortunately eBay and PayPal also could not do anything for me to return this frame because it had been too long.

I searched around and also contacted Argon directly and had NO LUCK to find it.

Please let me know. Thank you for all the help in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this. [ttivirus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PayPal allows you to file a SNAD complaint for up to 180 days after payment.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I did a claim with PayPal, sent all the pictures to them.
And PayPal said: We received the case(s) you filed on January 1, 2019.
We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we have found no evidence that the item was misrepresented.
:(

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this. [ttivirus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appeal. Tell them that the fork was broken.

If the appeal doesn't work, call your credit card company and do a chargeback.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Mar 1, 19 15:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's crazy and ultra-slimy, to put someone at risk like that. Who repairs a fork? You have to be bonkers - so unsafe.

Where did it break? My fork was replaced because the stem bolt wouldn't hold torque-spec.

I'll keep my eye out, but I think you are SOL if Argon can't dust one off for you. It's got the bearings top and bottom with an outset front face and long through-bolt if I remember correctly. Tight clearance to the frame the restricted turning lock-lock.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this. [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi.... It's under the base bar where the Red Argon logo usually is but there was no logo from the frame I got which mean this frame had been repaired and painted before.
The first image was after I felt something wrong after riding less than 5 miles slowly. Then I thought was safe to go back home slowly but it was not until I fell on the ground.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an insert was put in the hollow section? At least that is how you repair hockey sticks. Repaired hockey sticks lose their feel/flex not to mention fail early as well. I have some - I use them on the driveway

Do you have contact information from the seller? I have seen a lot of E118's around last year when I was selling mine (Large 2012) - I checked everywhere here and nothing. I can check with Speed theory tomorrow (closed now) they sold a lot of Argons.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Mar 4, 19 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Argon 18 E-118 Size/S Question: Looking for a spare fork for this. [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi... I bought from the seller name "sdfishpeeps619" in eBay.
I've contacted him about this but no answer at all. Anyway thank you for helping me finding the spare fork. Looking for all the helps. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont suppose you still have the forks for the Argon , only looking for the stem face plate ?
Quote Reply