:(

only the P2 look good.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rayray wrote:
I just found this on another site.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=106049

26 responses and other than two about cable placement and a couple about poop, just a bunch of talk about something that has no impact on the bike's performance whatsoever. I don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [ConstantTime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ConstantTime wrote:
+3, not a fan of two-tone

+1. I think I am not a fan of the 2 colors on the model designation. I guess I have gotten used to the letter, number being the same color. Maybe my opinion changes as with time.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
rayray wrote:
I just found this on another site.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=106049

26 responses and other than two about cable placement and a couple about poop, just a bunch of talk about something that has no impact on the bike's performance whatsoever. I don't get it.

because aesthetics play a critical role in swaying people on bike choices?

I really like the S5 & S2 road bikes. P2....dunno, but I am drawn to bikes w/ red in them, so that is probably why I am lukewarm on it.

Either way, a nice change of pace for Cervelo.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Am I the only one that likes these? Especially the S5 design.

I'm also a fan of these. I think the paint schemes from the last couple of years have been boring and ugly. I like that they've punched them up a little bit again. My favorite Cervelo paint scheme of all time is still the blue and grey 2009 P2 Ultegra (like the one in this thread).
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [tkeru408] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like the p2, not sure of the silver up the top though. Like the big 'P2' lettering. Done away with 3T bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks to me like no p3 in the line up.

I think Cervelo is crazy not to jump in and release...leak some high quality shots of the bikes next to a great mountain backdrop etc to put a positive spin on this. Right now all we have are some low quality shots that don't do the new paint scheme's justice. The way cervelo handles itself from a marketing point of view with availability and information really makes me question their marketing team.
Last edited by: notaero: Aug 14, 12 19:35
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like half a cervelo and half a felt wielded together!

Not my taste - shame :(
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [iron snorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow cervelo continues the tradition of making unbelievably awesome bikes that hurt the eyes. That said, I've owned a p2k, a p2c, and an s5( the white rival which looks a gazillion times better than the 2013 s5) and all of them were just great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every year their high end road bikes look more and more like tt bikes. Although obviously someone cruising along at a good pace is going to benefit greatly from the aerodynamics, but is it really necessary for the average crit/road racer?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [tristevewisco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares if it's necessary? It sells.

War Eagle!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope..im with you. These paint schemes are SWEET and im sure are going to get sweeter as people add to their bikes!

A true warrior leave no openings-Except in his mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R series not bad - but could lose extra 'cervelo' logo on top tube. But sweet Jesus, the S series and P series are retro(grade). Matte finish is a nice change but the super sized logos - what were they thinking? They will age badly. I for one liked the idea of the colour stripe up the fork across the headtube tapering into the top tube. They should have stuck with this and played around with the base colour and stripe colour(s). Now it's the equivalent of an alarm going off during a hangover!! Glad I've just got my 2012 S5 Team!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo should just go back to the 2007-08 schemes. Those were the best.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colour/shmolour. You guys can always buy another tri suit/helmet/pair of shoes so that you're still nicely coordinated with the current year colourways.

FWIW in this fashion thread, the P2 frame looks pretty nice.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices)[rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are more pics and including the P3.

The S5 VWD is available with Shimano Dura Ace Di2 for $9,500 or mechanical Dura Ace for $7,500.

The S5 (non VWD) is available with Ultegra Di2 for $5,500 or mechanical Ultegra for $4,300.

The S2 is "entry level" with 105 at $2,800.

The R5 comes with three different build kits - electronic Campy EPS 11-speed for $11,00, Dura Ace Di2 for $9,000 or mechanical DA for $7,000.

The R3 will be available with Ultegra for $3,900 or 105 for $2,600

The P5-Six is the triathlon version (left) and is available with Dura Ace Di2 for $10,000 or SRAM Red for $7,500. The P5-three (right) is UCI legal and is available with Red for $6,000.

The P3 comes with Ultegra for $3,800.

The P2 comes in at $2,600 with an Ultegra group.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New cable routing for the P3? I don't see the downtube stops like on the current P3 and that pic of the P2.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see there are no SRAM builds.

Word on the street is that the manufacturers are pissed off at SRAM since they've released so many mid-season Red updates/versions in such a short time frame - Red, Red Black, 2012 Red Yaw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think these are a step in the right direction, and I like the fonts their playing with. However it only makes it more apparent how painfully awful the puffy-paint font of the "Cervelo" logo is. It is really way past due to get a graphic designer to come up with a decent logo.
Last edited by: Pooks: Aug 15, 12 16:01
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
New cable routing for the P3? I don't see the downtube stops like on the current P3 and that pic of the P2.

That was the first thing I looked for, too.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2012 P3 with Ultegra sold for $3350. If the 2013 P3 with Ultegra sells for $3800 then it would make sense that they upgraded the cable routing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank for for the additional pics and pricing!!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Am I the only one that likes these? Especially the S5 design.

I "almost" like the S5 paint.....none of the others though.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the p2 and p3. I am also wondering about the cable routing on the p3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does VWD stand for? Very Widiculous Dollars? (think "Chekov" Russian accent)

I almost wish I needed a new bike.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next