Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2012 American Zofingen about to sell out
Quote | Reply
The May 15, 2011 American Zofingen ultra distance duathlon registration is now open at www.cm2promotions.com
Still at $95, this is the best value in multisport. But don't wait, as the entry rises to $110 on September 1st.
For Michael Bakker, the entry is $250 to cover the cost of awards, beer and surcharges from the portajohn vendor.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Last edited by: tetsuoni: Nov 30, 11 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the hard part about entering AmZof next year is that its too close to my proposed rim-to-rim-to-rim grand canyon run which sort-of-need to happens in early may to get the right balance of temperature and available water. i don't think that recovery from 44 miles + 11,000' of climbing is likely to happen fast enough. any opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For Michael Bakker, the entry is $250 to cover the cost of awards, beer and surcharges from the portajohn vendor.

Ouch! I guess if you can't make ML hurt in the water, then you're going to have to hit him elsewhere. The wallet is a good start. However, taking into account the already-legendary status of AmZof, $250 may very well be a reasonable price in terms of $/pain.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I already registered, sucka! I got your surcharge, right here.

That portapotty surcharge is for DaveRoche's dad, the uber-dumper. Not me.

Sheesh - I used to Win Tetsuoni's Money, now that I'm a wussified F1 racer, I need to pay for my own awards?
I hope the beer is still free.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pansy. Go big or stay at home.

Yes, I know...I'm staying home in my glass house, thank you very much. Waah. I'll be back for 2012.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F1 is plenty. You might even finish in the same hour as me, for a change. Except you won't be racing.

Shee-it, I chased your ass right outta multisport, Nancy. Why don't you go post on Letsrun.com? ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going to be dumb, you'd better be tough - and you're tough.
You could always tend bar while the Mrs. races.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up. Gonna get in better shape for this next year.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Why don't you go post on Letsrun.com? ;-)"

No way! A man's gotta maintain at least SOME respectability.

And be fair now....I DID finish in the same hour as you last time I was there....
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Aug 10, 10 14:44
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks; good luck!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I already registered, sucka! I got your surcharge, right here.

That portapotty surcharge is for DaveRoche's dad, the uber-dumper. Not me.

Sheesh - I used to Win Tetsuoni's Money, now that I'm a wussified F1 racer, I need to pay for my own awards?
I hope the beer is still free.

Yeah but AmZof Tri comes to town and you run and hide.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I scared that right outta town too. It simply *thought* I might participate, and it ran away "'til next year".

Kinda like Fancher. And Chad. And dd. And Eganski. The list is long, but distinguished.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looks like I scared that right outta town too. It simply *thought* I might participate, and it ran away "'til next year".

Kinda like Fancher. And Chad. And dd. And Eganski. The list is long, but distinguished.

Holy inside-out and upside-down twisting of reality Batman....... :) As a non-swimmer, I'm impressed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about those other guys....but I will be back. And I'll be hunting short smelly hobbit creatures who magically goat up hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not just the best value in multisport... but the best in multisport! Gnarly course, a beautiful venue, lotsa beer, naked people... what more do you need?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just signed up again. think this is going to be my 5th yr now and dont plan on missing this race. i will be back every year. need to try and add another age group stein as mine from this year broke =( drinking beer at home out of anything non-AmZof just isnt the same
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved the race so much last year, and there was so much positive buzz about it on the internet that, with fears of this going the way of SOS and being a really quick sell-out, I have been checking the website every few days to make sure I did not miss registration opening. I'm only doing the short course though - that was plenty tough for my fitness level in May. I also felt like I got a real fitness boost from last year's race and started to feel like I was in much better shape after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [johnphillips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, John. We're looking forward to having you back. Our inspiration, Powerman Zofingen, is September 5th. www.powerman.ch
Will you be racing in Switzerland?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In (F1). Favorite race of this past season.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your loyalty to the race certainly deserves a replacement stein. Can you pick it up at the shop in New Paltz?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming back. I agree that even short course will really boost fitness going into the summer.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F1...Long Course....F1....Long Course which one, I'm very conflicted.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This race looks great. I'll be signing up for the middle distance race.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I really enjoy the F-1 format (when I can actually finish it).

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen Duathlon 2011 registration open [sevenride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enter either one, then make up your mind next May. Enter LC for motivation.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next