Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2011 Goals Thread
Quote | Reply
At show pony's urging at the end of the 2010 goal thread, here's a place to memorialize your goals for 2011 before the holidays start.

As for my own goals, I'm still formulating them, so I'll be back later :).

Fire away, kids.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Goals Thread [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give me until Dec 31st. I need to figure out what I want to focus on in 2011....AND give myself a few goals that I can easily reach and a few that are hard to hit. I don't even know what races I am doing yet, even though I am registered for IM France....there is a chance I might have to miss it due to work! Are you heading back for a rematch with Alpe d'Huez....

....plus this one would be right up your alley Triathlon du Mont Ventoux: 3/140/30

http://mtc-orange.fr/triventoux2010.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I achieved my main goal for 2010 by breaking 5hrs at Syracuse.

For 2011, I have two finite goals; run a 1h35 in a HIM and run sub 3h45 at IMC. If I can do both those, I have an outside shot at a KQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muskoka Long Course, sub 3hrs (if they stick with the 13k run).

Rhode Island 70.3, sub 4:30.

Both tough, but doable. Hopefully these serve as winter training motivation!

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent last year listening to JackMott's advice and focused on my biking (and vastly exceeded my goals), this year I'm listening to Fleck and working on my running:

5K - 20:59
10K - 42:59
HM - 1:39:59

Top 5 Moses Lake Triathlon
Top 5 Ellensburg Triathlon
Top 10 Lake Stevens Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put in for the leadville 100 MTB lottery, if I get picked it will be the big A race so I can see how close to 9 hours I can get. If I dont get picked for that one, then il focus on more XC type MTB races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No thought required...ever since I first saw the race announced I've had a goal to go top 10 (AG) @ ITU worlds on the Silverman course in NV.

Need to qualify first, and being the sucker for punishment that I am, I should just copy/paste last year's post cos I didn't get it done (podium @ NZ long course nats) and it still f*cks me off. Thats on January 8th...hopefully next year will go quicker than this one.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by: show pony: Dec 7, 10 18:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First HIM, Oceanside 70.3...complete it successfully. That means come prepared, execute my race plan, finish strong.

Continue to progress and get faster throughout the year.

Those two pretty much some it up at this point. As the year progresses, I may add some in there.

One goal I have, is an uncertain one, but one I would be very happy if I achieved and that is qualifying for ITU LC World Championships at Wildflower this year. Top 5 and a guaranteed spot might be a stretch but a top 10 and a roll down possibility is definitely in the cards.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Goals Thread [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After having a 2010 where I dnfed my first IM and spent over half the year out with achilles problems, my goals are to -

- No major injuries
- No major training setbacks (this probably means being more conservative than I want to be).
- Drop 15 pounds to get to a 155 race weight
- Complete IMAZ (I just want to finish)
- Become a fast swimmer

Even though I just want to finish IMAZ, I do think that I can put up a decent time (12ish) but I'm a firm believer now that you train what your body allows and hopefully I'll be consistent enough to impress myself.

My first year of tri's my philosophy was burn the rubber to the floor, if I get injured its no big deal because I'm already slow. I definately pushed the training, but hurt myself in the end. 2011 I'm going to try to be conservative training bike and run, and burn rubber to the floor on the swim.

I think the biggest problem triathletes have are training outside their means. We see that Craig Alexander cycles 350 miles a week, so we think, 'It works for him, I'll do 350 miles next week!'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub 5:00 Mile (Currently 5:04)
Sub 18:00 5k (Currently 18:02)
Finish Ironman Arizona 2011
Sub 12 hours IM AZ 2011, may be far fetched for my first one, but still possible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First A race: BQ (3:20) at Toronto Marathon, May 15th. Not planning to run Boston, just seems a nice practical goal.

Second A race: Finish between 5:15 and 5:30 at Muskoka 70.3. To be achieved by turning in a credible swim (as opposed to the BOP stuff I've been delivering up to now), a slight improvement on my top-30% bike, and not blowing up on the run by doing something closer to 1:45 than I did last year.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Goals Thread [jandev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short and to the point:

10k: sub34
Top 5 OA wildflower
make some money from some race...

Quote | Reply
Haven't given it much thought, and may change before Dec 31, but for now we'll go with the below. Totally broke right now, so not sure of any races yet.

Ambitiously work on my run :P
5k - 21:xx
10k - 45:xx

Oly - 2:34:xx
Get down to 118 lbs

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
800m 1:59.9
and
4:29:59 HIM
or
2:55 Marathon

Nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Registered for Oceanside
Going to register for Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge when it opens on the 1st.

debating a couple other races, but my big goal is since november 2011 is my 10 year anniversary, I want to actually give my wife the six pack and has been asking for vice the keg she has been getting.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did meet my '10 goals. I am in better shape. I did three TRIs and I January my goal was just one.

This year I will do 2 sprint and 2 Olympics.

The goals:

To lose 25+ lbs again this year.

Be able to ride in aero for 40+ miles.

Finish 1 Oly TRI in less than 3:00.

Be able to run 10k in less than 59:59.

And to not drown on my first open water 1500 in June.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Last edited by: AnthonyS: Dec 8, 10 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Goals Thread [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top of the list being injury free this year, qualify for Boston, sub 37 10km. Guess this means speedwork speedwork speedwork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub 7 Beer Mile.

Keep the rubber down in every crit.

Win the lottery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Not be a lazy fat ass and get in shape.
2. Finish a half and not think I'm going to die.
3. Actually feel like I'm in better shape on Dec.31 then on Jan. 1
Quote Reply
Re: 2011 Goals Thread [FastandFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Keep the rubber down in every crit.<<

Amen on that!

My goals for 2011:

1. Get back to mass start racing (crit/RR/track).

2. Time goal tbd for the 2K.

3. Time goal tdb for the 500m.

4. Time goal tbd for the flying 200.

5. Podium at all three of those at Masters Nats.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Break five hours for the half

Train every day

Finish Brute Squad Challenge at state masters swim meet

Check off a new state for triathlon

Forget about her

Get to the start line 100 percent of the time

Get to the finish line 100 percent of the time

Find a new electrolyte drink

Keep a training log from beginning to end

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Last edited by: Kaka: Dec 9, 10 8:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here I go:

1. Race healthy and not injured in almost every race (in other words train smarter)
2. Under 2:25 St. Anthony's
3. Sub 20 5K
4. Sub 43 olympic run split
5. Podium AG (at least) in summer sprint series
6. Beat JS in at least 1 friggin' race

Above all, enjoy my wife and daughters and keep life's priorities in order. Bring on 2011!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I got to think about it during my run today. I should be realistic given that I'll be 46 in 2011 and just aim to at least replicate what I did this year

A Goals
  • Get overall health back to 2009 level (only I'll know, but right now it is not there)
  • 37.55 10K
  • 1:22.xx half marathon
  • Qualify for Vegas 70.3 WTC World's

B Goal
  • Get to start line of IMFrance, close with a 3:42 run (getting to the start line could be the tough part)
  • Get FTP back up over 250W/4W per kg
  • Do a sub 4:30 half IM at Esprit (could be superceded if I qual for Vegas....same weekend)

C Goal (stretch, depends on who shows up)
  • Winterlude tri overall podium (2009 win, 2010 5th)
  • Gatineau Loppet 50K skate ski race <40th overall (last year 41st)

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 9, 10 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
win my kona slot at IMC

-maintain the run
-maintain the swim
-raise my bike ftp to ~275 watts
Last edited by: SeasonsChange: Dec 8, 10 12:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
365 posts on ST to bring up my average PPD count.
Quote Reply

Prev Next