I've included some photos of the bike and the fork crack.
Seems like the fork will not be covered under warranty, even if the age of the bike was not an issue, the bike shop said the crack looks like it was created by some kind of impact.
I live in Rhode Island, and our local shops are no longer felt authorized dealers, and the nearest felt authorized dealer is about an hour away. They said they physically need the bike in the shop to start the process of getting a crash replacement, and he wasn't sure without looking into it if Felt will still have the fork for my bike in stock, so maybe I'd need to buy a whole new frameset. I won't be able to get them the bike for a few more days, and my guess is that it will take a while for them to get anything replaced.
Okay, so, since I can't get reasonably quick and good local advice, this brings me to five questions:
1. Does anyone have an idea if felt will have the 2009 b2 bayonet in stock, and roughly what the crash replacement cost will be?
2. I have always had the creaky bayonet handlebars on this bike(read alot about this issue over the years from other riders), and after 10 years, I'm getting a little nervous something will happen to them, especially after this fork crack. Should I replace them?
3. If the frame currently has no signs of crack, should I also be worried about the frame?
4. Does it sound like it's time for a new bike? I'm interested, but with what I could currently spend(lets say 3500max), I'd be downgrading to a bike roughly half the value of my current one.
5. Does anyone have a very rough idea of what I might be able to sell this bike for? SRAM red groupset, has these nice 30mm wheels.
I know I'm asking a lot in this post! Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts! Photos below: