Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2003 tally
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a fun and safe new year celebration.

I would have thought that someone would have begun a thread like this already (I couldn't find anything)...

2003:
  • Swam 559,500 yards (About 318 miles)
  • Rode 3457 miles; not including "miles" on the trainer or spinning classes
  • Ran 1858.1 miles

I take a minute every day to log these miles so I might as well post them.

How about you?

Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sir, that is impressive mileage. Well done. I do have a carefully audited record of my miles but will refrain from publishing them here to spare my humiliation. I went three full months (June, July and August)with almost no training save the odd ride. My heart just wasn't in it then. It is now! :)

Happy miles to you in 2004 and good, no, great job in '03!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"How about you"

Nah. I don't keep track at all. If I did, with the exception of the bike I'd be embarrassed at how little training I do. If I spent half as much time swimming or running as I do hanging out here, I'd be a lot faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that comparing year end mileage numbers would also be interesting - I'm an old man (60) - my mileage is about 1/3 less than you - except swimming, which doesn't even come close to your 318 miles! Keep it up!

What about some other old dudes and dudettes? Maybe I'll set some new 2004 goals.
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to my confuser...I have about 10,000+ miles on the bike...who knows about the others...at least 52.4 miles running.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, those are some big running numbers.

I don't track my mileage very carefully, but my swimming miles were probably around 200. My biking was probably in the neighborhood of 5,000-7,000 miles. My running was probably only around 1,000 miles, but I haven't been able to run since the ides of November due to a little bike crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Swim: 155470 yards = ~88 miles. For someone who did 2 IM's last year, I think that's low. Need to work on that for this year.

Bike: 7116 miles broken up as follows:
  • 3287 on the tri-bike
  • 2743 on the new road bike
  • 578 on old road bike
  • 214 on mountain bike(Got this in mid-spring. I'll ride it more next year as I plan on doing an Xterra or 2).
  • 293 on the trainer(usually the old road bike)

Run: 1200 miles with 163 coming on the treadmill

As you can tell, I focused on the bike this year. I plan on running a bit more this year. I think I took it for granted in the past as I considered it a relative strength.
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you estimate your trainer mileage? I use just a plain-jane wind trainer at home (no computrainer for me), go to spinning classes and use the lifecycles in the gym. So I am thinking for my 2004 log, I'll keep track of the hours I use those and multiply that by my average "road" speed to come up with a mileage estimate.

Living in Cleveland, stationary training is an important part of my winter base phase, so I think I'd like to figure out a reliable way to track that too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old road bike has a Cateye Astrale cadence computer. Speed is measured from the rear wheel so you can get accurate mileage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10,000+ miles on the bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God bless the Sr. Analysts of the world... who is the Patron Saint of Sr. Analysts anyways.

I have my daily workouts going back to Jan 1999. I keep it on paper and computerized on my excel worksheet so I can compare days, weeks, months, specific timeperiods, etc.

For 03

Swim miles - 101 miles

Bike - Spin hours - 35 hours

Bike miles - 1287 miles

Run Miles - 459 miles

My 03 was behind my 02 miles (02 was an Ironman training year) but way ahead of 01, 00, etc.

... I know, nobody cares, but it's better than reading rants about what the the SF Tri Club did or didn't do or reading angry, angrier and the angriest posts regarding boring ass shit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my totals:

Swim: 642,000 yards; Bike: 1,514 miles; Run: 291 miles

You can see that I was very swimming centric...Masters Nationals for swimming was in my backyard this summer, plus I got tendinitis in my left calf... not fun.

But the swimming total pales in comparison to the old college days of 60,000+ yards/week. Those days were fun... Actually, some friends and I are heading to Ft. Lauderdale in a couple of weeks for four days of swimming training at the International Hall of Fame pool. 12,000/day for four days. Hopefully it will be 75 and sunny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see...in 2003, I biked a lot and I ran a lot. As to swimming, including IMFL, I probably swam about 20,000 meters. This year, I plan to bike a lot (even more), run a lot (about the same) and swim a little more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quadzilla, your run mileage literally made my knees ache while sitting at the computer and, frankly, broke my spirit a little;

swim: about 150 miles

bike: 2675

run: 780

In defense of my relatively feeble mileage I will add:

babies: 1.33 (one born in Spring '03, next one due in Spring '04)

toddlers: 1

pregnant wife on bedrest: 1
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [IAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a spreadsheet that I can download to keep track of 04's data? Thanks in advance.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [David in NY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was 80F yesterday ;-)
nice for running although much more humid than El Paso (which is not difficult as soon as humidity goes above 10%)
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I started to use the Tri geek spreadsheet last year. It's pretty good, but I went back to good old paper. It can be downloaded here.

http://members.tripod.com/mprevost/

The calculators were pretty nifty too (gear ratios and such).

-------
Andrew

"When will i learn, people do not want to hurt but will spend $500.00 bucks to go four seconds faster." - randall t
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [IAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5269 miles on the bike

125,500 yards swimming

424 miles running and none since the atomic man 1/2 Sept 29, have a nasty case of ITBand syndrome and couldnt run a lick without pain until the past couple weeks. Doing lots of stretching and have been slowly building up on the elliptical. Hope to hit the treadmill slowly in the next couple of weeks.

I am in the process of formulating a set of goals for 2004 now. I would like to break 18 minutes on a 5K but the IT band recovery will play a huge role in that.

Bikerdude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1600 bike

500 run

125 swim

5 kids 2 jobs 1 High Maintenance wife.

Focus on more bike this season

Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swimming: 797,230 yds

biking: 5,900 miles

running: 1300 miles

lost 12 weeks due to various injuries.

no kids, one supportive wife, and one bulldog.

i cant swim so i figure i might as well swim alot :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does anyone have a spreadsheet that I can download to keep track of 04's data? Thanks in advance.

There is another one at Gordo's site. Go here and click on season log at the botttom.

http://byrn.org/gtips/gtips.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My digits in miles.... swim is very low due to broken shoulder Swim = 62.15 Bike = 2,239.4 Run = 1,241.8

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 tally [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the calculators, as soon as I find and unpack my laptop I'll give them a tri!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran 1,161 miles
Rode about 3,010 miles

Not sure about swim yardage. Not enough.

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let's see...

swimming = a little
biking = maybe two littles
running = maybe three littles
Quote Reply