Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1x on Dura Ace 9150 Di2
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have been using flawlessly a 1x chainring with my etap groupset for almost two years. I know that a 1x setup should requiere a RD with a clutch (or similar as the new etap AXS RD), but for triathlon/TT use I have had cero problems with the regular etap RD and a narrow wide chainring.

Since I am now considering the change to a new bike, which for now is only offered with the Shimano Dura Ace 9150 groupset, I would appreciate if some of you can share your experience in using the di2 RD as a 1x setup (if it is even possible). With etap you just ditch the FD and you are good to go, but I have no idea if this is possible and as simple with di2.

Many thanks in advance!! Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: 1x on Dura Ace 9150 Di2 [matimati] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’ll have to change the RD to an XT8050 and mate it with your road shifters through eTube or use an Ultegra RD-RX805. I think they both can handle up to a 34t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be fine using the standard non-clutch Shimano Di2 RD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did 9150 with XTR RD on a bike about 1.5 years ago. Ditching FD is no biggie with etubes. I programmed shifters so that all the left buttons are easier and right harder, similar to SRAM. RX800 would be a good way to go for TTs/tris.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Mar 13, 19 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For TTs I have yet to see a need for a clutch RD. I run a 9150 with CS OSPW paired with AeroCoaches 54T front ring. I don't have any issues on all kinds of surfaces.....yes, this includes some gravel, but I'm not drilling it like I would on my UP.

If you run one button shifters then no need to reprogram, but if it does have two button you can reprogram the buttons any which way you please. all low on right and all high left or allow for one handed shifting regardless of which mit you have on the bar.

So, like eTap it's just as easy to go to 1x and i'm not so convinced clutches are necessary, but ymmv.

My setup

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: 1x on Dura Ace 9150 Di2 [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff, I figured a rapid shift down say on a downhill would cause too much slack causing the chain to possiblely jump up front. Going to reconsider now for an upcoming build.
Quote Reply