Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1x ETAP with BlipBox
Quote | Reply
https://www.tririg.com/...TTT_SRAM_eTap_Review

Technically, SRAM's new RED eTap groupset isn't intended for 1x use. But that doesn't mean it's ill-suited for it. On the contrary, it works really well. And in fact, with a little work, it addresses my biggest complaint about eTap, which is that in its TT form, it still required a lot of wiring up front. My idea for eTap 1x was to use the BlipBox as a bar-end shifter, reducing the component count to just two: Rear Derailleur and BlipBox. That's it. No wires, no Blips or Clics, just the box and the derailleur. And it works brilliantly. With a small modification to a bar-end shifter plug, I was able to mount the box to the end of the extension. It's slightly less ergonomic than SRAM's lovely R2C shifters, but it works fine. In back, the standard eTap RD will clear pretty large cassettes

anybody try this????
Quote Reply
Re: 1x ETAP with BlipBox [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could mount the blip box on a profile design tt mount that goes between your two extension. It would still be at your fingertips and would be easy to click using your thumbs but would look cleaner. Just a thought
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick built up a TriRig Omni like this. You can find it over on TriRig’s website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did in a pinch last year, but it kind of defeats the purpose of getting Etap since you can't shift from the basebar.

Strava
Quote Reply