Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1st Gen Speed Concept Basebar
Quote | Reply
Is it at all possible to get a first generation Speed Concept base bar onto a Cervelo P2, circa 2010? I'd love to get a base bar that allows me to tilt the aerobars up, but keep the base bar level and because my left humorus is 2" shorter, I can't go with the mono extension. Alternatively, are there any other base bar/aerobar makers that allow for independent tilt?
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Gen Speed Concept Basebar [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Zipp Vuka Bull base bar with the Zipp Alumina clamps and pads. I specifically switched to this setup so I could get tilt which my previous 3T setup didn't allow. The Zipp Vuka Aero and Stealth may offer tilt but I didn't feel like dropping 700+ on a new aerobar. Where you ask about the Speed Concept basebar, are you looking at the bar from a 7 series or 9 series?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We don't make or offer it anymore, but this bar used all the same above-the-bar hardware as the gen1 SC...with a standard 31.8 clamp section for standard stems.

It was OE spec on the gen1 SC7.8...maybe post a WTB in the Classifieds and see if you can scare one up? It was part # 425500, in case you want to try calling your local Trek dealers to see if they have one sitting on a shelf...definitely a longshot.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Gen Speed Concept Basebar [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the bee's knees right there! I'll start my quest, thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Gen Speed Concept Basebar [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. I have a line on a set of these bars. Has anyone 'trimmed' the bullhorns to give them a flatter profile, and if so, how much can you trim before the brake levers won't fit the reduced diamter? Or should I simply not sweat this detail? Thanks in advance!

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: 1st Gen Speed Concept Basebar [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have an answer (I'm thinking of doing the same) but I think some of the British TT guys have done it. IIRC, Richard Bideau, former British 100 Mile record holder, races on a 1st-gen SC with cut bullhorns.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get any standard-interface bar on the Cervelo P2, why look at the Speed Concept bar specifically? Independent tilt has become a feature on almost any modern, mid- to high-end bar. Zipp Vuka Alumina, Profile Design's Aeria range, and many more.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply