Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1X question
Quote | Reply
I have gone over the deep end, and am now using my gravel/cross bike as my road bike as well. The bike is set up 1x (which I love by the way. Credit to slowman for providing a ton of available data on that) Right now I am running a 46 xsync chain ring with a variety of cassettes on different wheels. However this summer I would like to race a couple crits on the bike, and 46 is the largest 1x chainring the bike can take. Goal would be to run a 50t with a slightly tighter cassette in the back; however the frame only has clearance for a 46t single ring.
If I wanted to run a 50T would you
A) Run a standard 2x ring rather than a narrow wide with the clutch rear derailleur, (Tried it, and it does fit, just not sure about dropping the chain)
B) Get a wolftooth 50t narrow wide, and flip it backwards so it offsets away from the frame rather than towards it. I have heard some people of doing this, but it is not recommended by WT.
Quote Reply
Re: 1X question [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won’t be tighter gear spacing but e*thirteen has a 12-spd 9-46 cassette that mounts on XD, XDR and Shimano drivers.
Quote Reply
Re: 1X question [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to 9T. You'll have to go down to a 40-42T front ring.
Quote Reply