Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont understand the last sentence in the article;

It is unclear who Mueller-Koronek's record is corroborated by.

I'm assuming to get a legit record you have to get some body to sanction and witness these things..
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notice how the one huge chainring and mini cog are then subsequently paired to another mega chainring and mini cog. Lol.

Bigger pair than I've got!

I want to know what kind of tires they used for that. No way a bike tire wouldn't totally fail at that rotational speed on that small of a diameter.
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Notice how the one huge chainring and mini cog are then subsequently paired to another mega chainring and mini cog. Lol.

I want to know what kind of tires they used for that. No way a bike tire wouldn't totally fail at that rotational speed on that small of a diameter.

17" motorcycle tires
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CFTqHbgsKs
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

Crazy how huge that gear is. When she is initially being towed, it seems like she moves about 150 feet before she makes one full revolution of the cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Close. Article in bicycling says its about 130 ft per rev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend Shea driving.
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

17" motorcycle tires

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John Howard is her coach.

Kudos all round.
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! That record stood forever

Does anyone know what the limiter is here?
- Do you reach a speed where your gears can't keep up?
- or do you get to a speed where the bike gets unstable and starts to wobble?
- or does the rider fatigue building speed and then reach a maximum output/sprint that's not sustainable with a full face helmet?
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
My friend Shea driving.

It's great that the cyclist & the pace car driver are both women

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
read/watched somewhere that she was putting out 700 watts for a min +. Along with the not so smooth surface. Those two combined would be the limiting factors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other fun facts:
1. One pedal revolution nets her 138.5ft which is why she needed to be towed up to 155mph -- no one has the torque to turn those pedals until the bike is up to speed.
2. She was indeed riding power #infocrank but her head unit did a software reset prior to the record run so they didn't have power data.
3. During her warm up run (at 155mph) she produced >600W for the time that she was under her own power. I didn't get a time as to how long she held that wattage though.

USA Triathlon Level 2 Coach
Slowtwitch Master Coach
Head Coach, TriCoach Colorado, LLC
Last edited by: coachjustin: Sep 24, 18 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [coachjustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One pedal revolution nets her 138.5ft which is why she needed to be towed up to 155mph -- no one has the torque to turn those pedals until the bike is up to speed. //

If that is true, then I say she cheated and does not have the record. TO get towed to a speed faster than the older womens record and then start peddling, that is just pure bullshit. I think you may be mistaken, I think they have to ride a lot longer than just a few mph past being towed..
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Article said she was towed up to 50mph before releasing.

monty wrote:
One pedal revolution nets her 138.5ft which is why she needed to be towed up to 155mph -- no one has the torque to turn those pedals until the bike is up to speed. //

If that is true, then I say she cheated and does not have the record. TO get towed to a speed faster than the older womens record and then start peddling, that is just pure bullshit. I think you may be mistaken, I think they have to ride a lot longer than just a few mph past being towed..
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [coachjustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coachjustin wrote:
3. During her warm up run (at 155mph) she produced >600W for the time that she was under her own power. I didn't get a time as to how long she held that wattage though.
The Bonneville short course is about 3 1/2 miles IIRC (the long course is seven or something like that). At 180 MPH, she's doing three miles a minute, and the record would be measured over the last mile. So this kind of thing requires a buildup to maximum power for thirty to forty seconds.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

If that is true, then I say she cheated and does not have the record. .

Well, she DOES have double letters in her name

Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She would have been faster with disc brakes /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s cool and all, the impressive part for me is that the record in 1899 was 60mph, which seems insane to me!

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forget where I heard this but in the early days of train travel, people thought that if you went faster than 60 miles per hour, your lungs would explode [or implode?]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what's the speed record for non-drafting, bringing yourself to speed with only your own power?
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [PeterP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About half what she did

https://www.popsci.com/...uman-powered-vehicle

ETA: That's on level ground

The DOWNHILL speed record is a little slower than the paced record at 167 mph

Last edited by: RandMart: Sep 26, 18 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: 183.932mph/296.009km/h on a custom-built carbon KHS Denise Mueller-Korenek [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Screw those aero fenders, I'm bringing this to my next 70.3.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.cbc.ca/...rld-record-1.4829802

The video is pretty cool.
Quote Reply

Prev Next