Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

12'49''60 for 5km
Quote | Reply
on track, indoor, how insane is this??
Bekele breaks world record indoor (old record by Gebreselassie)...
darn this is fast!
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet that was beautiful sight to see. My legs hurt just thinking about them going that fast.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see it but he won by 23''!
I bet it didn't even look hard...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonders silently...how much must it hurt to run that fast (even for 400m)..and too...can I even bike that fast?? I'm lucky some days to run half that fast (25mins for 5km)..that speed is unfathomable to me. Wants to know if it's some kind of new shoes that were wind tunnel tested or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats f*cking fast. Indoor tracks are sooo much fun to run on also!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate indoor tracks...curves are too tight...that's killing me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely amazing. Nearly incomprehensible.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I watched it on Eurosport. 800 meters from the finish they said he is gonna have to go really fast in order to do it. I think at around 3000 he was like 3-5 seconds ahead of the pace Gebrselassie was going when he set the WR, but he slowed down and was a little over it. When he went through a 400 800m from the finish in around 61-62 they said it was possible. Then he turned on the jets and went through the last 200m in 27.06!!!
Last edited by: freestyle: Feb 22, 04 5:48
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've read where Tim Noakes has said that the fastest runners over the shortest distance will be the fastest running any distance provided they have the right build and temperament. Who said max running speed doesn't matter in distance running? I believe Gebrselassie holds/held the WR in the 10K also.These guys have awesome anaerobic power to go along with their huge aerobic engines, I'd bet they could run low 20's for a single 200m. Makes for an interesting thought experiment regarding Marion Jones and the time she could run at longer distances.
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [yawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a line there somewhere when the fast twitch/slow twitch (or the newer notions of fiber types) ratio would prevent serious crossover. A great 100/200 sprinter will never develop into a great distance runner. Marion Jones could certainly train for and finish an IM, and probably will. Hundreds of AG athletes prove every year that anyone can do it, given enough drive and training. But she isn't cut out to develop serious endurance capacity.
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last 3k was in 7:37. Do the math on that!
b

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, I've gone a lot faster........on my bike! Awesome performance.

1*
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bah, it's about 2'30''/km...not that fast, what? 24km/h is just 15mph...so to give it a try, jump on a high tech treadmill (the fastest in gyms usually go 15mph) put max speed, increase slope to 1% for air resistance, and stay there for 12'49'' (and it would be easier as there are no curves)

for the record, this is the indoor WR...outdoor still belongs to Gebre in 12'39''36 (98, Helsinski) and the 10,000 is also Gebre's in 26'22''75 (98, Hengelo)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However, remember to "stop immediately if you feel faint, dizzy or out of breath"
Quote Reply
Re: 12'49''60 for 5km [swmch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
However, remember to "stop immediately if you feel faint, dizzy or out of breath"
or you mean stand up slowly when the treadmill shoots you off the back because you can't keep up . . .
Quote Reply