Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
100 days to 100/100
Quote | Reply
Fortunately, there are not 100 states to do 100 runs of 100K in, but you get the picture. Do we invite Ashley Horner and ask her to post legit runs on Strava, or do we allow her to go on honor system?

All kidding aside, 100/100 starts on Dec 15th. You have 100 days to get ready for it. Don't come complaining to slowman that you got injured going from 1 run to week to 7 runs per week for 3 weeks in a row and then goose eggs for the rest of the winter. This is the time to put in your training to participate in a bogus ST overtraining virtual camp.

Consider yourself warned that we're basically in spring training now before regular season!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is 100/100?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New year challenge, 100 runs in 100 days. Saw it on Strava early this year.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bit early for banging the drum for 100 in 100 isn't it?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh crud, gotta get ready. I will be trying to do anyways as I have a half marathon 1 week before. 1 freakin' week before and that doesn't count for the challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished my Summer one

After snapping my running streak at 71 runs for 71 days [81 days in a row] I basically cruised in, doing just about every other day through August to finish with 86/100

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Fortunately, there are not 100 states to do 100 runs of 100K in, but you get the picture. Do we invite Ashley Horner and ask her to post legit runs on Strava, or do we allow her to go on honor system?

All kidding aside, 100/100 starts on Dec 15th. You have 100 days to get ready for it. Don't come complaining to slowman that you got injured going from 1 run to week to 7 runs per week for 3 weeks in a row and then goose eggs for the rest of the winter. This is the time to put in your training to participate in a bogus ST overtraining virtual camp.

Consider yourself warned that we're basically in spring training now before regular season!

I've been doing the 100/100 "stealth-style" for three years now (meaning - I've logged my runs on the ST challenge-site maybe the first 7 days, and forgot after that. Come march I've never taken the time to log my remaining 93 days ! :=)

Can we do this on strava this year - making a club so that all runs and km's are logged automatically? I'm sure someone with the tech-insight can figure out a way to handle the minimum req of 30 min running, and the pussy-rule of doing 15-min running if you do 45min the following day.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I've been doing the 100/100 "stealth-style" for three years now (meaning - I've logged my runs on the ST challenge-site maybe the first 7 days, and forgot after that. Come march I've never taken the time to log my remaining 93 days ! :=)

Can we do this on strava this year - making a club so that all runs and km's are logged automatically? I'm sure someone with the tech-insight can figure out a way to handle the minimum req of 30 min running, and the pussy-rule of doing 15-min running if you do 45min the following day.

When I started in 2006 before ST existed we had 200+ people doing it on a google spreadsheet. Then Herbert asked me if we wanted to bring it into ST and into the ST log. It made sense to do that. If we do it offline on Strava, then it's no longer an ST thing, and does not build towards this community.

One thing about the internet is disaggragation of communities in general from physical ones (communicating with friends next door or down the street) to geographically dispersed ones. Now we have physically dispersed by logically aggregated (for example, I can spend time connecting on ST with people who care about what Daniela Ryf and her race on Frodo's race, and I generally cannot with anyone in my neighbourhood).

Having 100/100 on ST and on the ST log keeps us logically connected with slowtwitch. If we take it to Strava, then it becomes just another stava group thing. I'm not really interested in that. I'm more interested in helping Dan and Herbert keep you guys here.. At a personal level, I've gotten a lot out of the ST community, met great people, been bailed out at races and learned a lot and I think this is the value of keeping it on ST. You can do your workouts and post them on Stava and have them pulled into the ST log and the 100/100 challenge anyway, so I think we have best of both worlds.

Now can we get back to figuring out how many days Ashley Horner lasts on 100/100?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
You can do your workouts and post them on Stava and have them pulled into the ST log and the 100/100 challenge anyway, so I think we have best of both worlds.

Now can we get back to figuring out how many days Ashley Horner lasts on 100/100?

Dev

Its been a couple of years for me, but I hope to be ready on 12/15. Anyway, have the issues been fixed that kept ST from pulling activities from Garmin Connect?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait!!

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll join in on this. Not going to log it on ST (already have enough to keep up with between Strava and my personal spreadsheet log). But I'll play along in the shadows. I have a 279 day S, B, or R streak going but I think a 100 R minimum of 30 mins would serve me well.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ST log can now be auto-linked to Strava. So, if you do strava, you can do ST with minimal additional effort. IIRC, Eric added that just in time for the 100/100 last year.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try when the 100 starts.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
I'll join in on this. Not going to log it on ST (already have enough to keep up with between Strava and my personal spreadsheet log). But I'll play along in the shadows. I have a 279 day S, B, or R streak going but I think a 100 R minimum of 30 mins would serve me well.

Wait.....you have gone 279 days without taking a rest day? Impressive! Care to share the details?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
The ST log can now be auto-linked to Strava. So, if you do strava, you can do ST with minimal additional effort. IIRC, Eric added that just in time for the 100/100 last year.

Well then Im all good! Agree with all of devs points - though. I’m probably just lazy!:-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For reference, here's the original thread on the Strava sync:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ync_Launch_P6506634/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:

Yes we can pull right from Strava, and I am planning an update / enhancement to it this year to help make it a little more functional and report its progress better.

For Garmin Connect, I'd suggest getting it into Strava and going that way.

By the way, now is the time to pipe up about any enhancements to the log you guys want in advance of the 100/100. One of the biggest last year as we went along was the Gold / Silver / Bronze levels on the leaderboard, so you could see where you were tracking.

I'm thinking this year of adding a permanent profile badge for your accomplishment. I think that would be awesome.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is always a depressing thread to watch. By the midpoint, most of the posts are regarding injuries that were received and the inability to run for a while due to injuries.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:

Yes we can pull right from Strava, and I am planning an update / enhancement to it this year to help make it a little more functional and report its progress better.

For Garmin Connect, I'd suggest getting it into Strava and going that way.

By the way, now is the time to pipe up about any enhancements to the log you guys want in advance of the 100/100. One of the biggest last year as we went along was the Gold / Silver / Bronze levels on the leaderboard, so you could see where you were tracking.

I'm thinking this year of adding a permanent profile badge for your accomplishment. I think that would be awesome.

-Eric

What do you mean you want us to proactively manage our whining so things can be properly architected, engineered and implemented when we can whine at the last moment about things we don't like and expect some magic AI bot to go in and self hack the existing code and automagically do self contained coding sprints without anyone knowing its even happening???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
What do you mean you want us to proactively manage our whining so things can be properly architected, engineered and implemented when we can whine at the last moment about things we don't like and expect some magic AI bot to go in and self hack the existing code and automagically do self contained coding sprints without anyone knowing its even happening???

Heck no! I want to to air all your grievances thoroughly so I can systematically catalog and ignore them and do whatever the hell I want!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Heck no! I want to to air all your grievances thoroughly so I can systematically catalog and ignore them and do whatever the hell I want!

-Eric

As long as there is a documented process. Sounds very agile!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking of grievances.... How long until the 18/19 thread starts. That's kinda more fun Than the running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
As long as there is a documented process. Sounds very agile!

Totally agile! Agile as in I can move stuff around the giant to-do list however it seems best.

Honestly, though, I do track and document every training log request, just because I don't want ideas or issues to slip through the cracks. And as it's a side gig for me, I tend to forget what people ask me for :)

-E
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
When I started in 2006 before ST existed we had 200+ people doing it on a google spreadsheet.

Really? I wonder what website I was using back in 2003.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 days to 100/100 [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

When I started in 2006 before ST existed we had 200+ people doing it on a google spreadsheet.

Really? I wonder what website I was using back in 2003.

Just to be more clear "before the ST log existed in 2006"....ST did exist before 2006
Quote Reply

Prev Next