Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norovirus is an effective diet, but I think the tapeworm diet is probably the easiest.

I got a Stryd for xmas so that and Zwift kept me entertained on the treadmill today.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the celebrity appearance and posting pics! keep it up!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite run so far - 2.6 miles with my 6-year old son. We did a couple of shorter runs last week (1.2 miles, 1.75), but this is the first to hit 30 minutes of running. Total distance was probably 3 miles over 52 minutes, but only the running miles count in this house. No wussification rules!

I think we'll hold at this distance or less for a while, but it was nice to hit this milestone. Cheers!

Oh, and yeah, we live somewhere warm. :) Subjecting a young-un to bitterly cold running would probably be one of the quickest ways to turn them off to running for good.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday had to take a day off due to flu. Ran very easy on Tuesday even though I got the early symptoms of beginning illness. Wednesday felt slightly worse so I decided to take a day off. It was anyway a whole day of driving with my family back home from Christmas festivities. Today (Thursday) jogged for 30 min very easily and felt ok. I try to make up for the missed run when I am feeling completely normal again. The plan for the comming days is to continue taking it very easy, rest if feeling gets worse and otherwise just jog. Luckily I am spending this and the next week on a little holiday with the kids.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also die trying to make that happen. BUT... It only matters to you. So please be safe and don't set yourself back in 2018 but killing yourself over the next few days. Give your body a chance to recovery.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Managed a couple of easy runs over the last couple of days and now the countdown is 33 miles. I should be able to do that fairly easily in the next 3 days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe daily doubles. That'd help you make up for loss ground on the 100/100 challenge too and not be as hard as 3 x 11 milers on someone who is sick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this challenge, this morning rain cold and tired but I went out running. Would not have done it if not for the challenge.
Tonight is going to be really hard 6 grandchildren comming for dinner fun but I will be sleeping in sofa after they gone home, but hoping
to run again tommorow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much,
EricTheBiking!
Worked beautifully!!
Best regards,
Martin

Martin Hauske
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As always, amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nad wrote:
maybe daily doubles. That'd help you make up for loss ground on the 100/100 challenge too and not be as hard as 3 x 11 milers on someone who is sick.

Decided to split it into a medium run, short recovery run, and regular long run.

Knocked out 11 miles this morning. 5 tomorrow, then 17 on Sunday should do it. I'll split Sunday into 2 runs if necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [hauske] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hauske wrote:
Thank you very much,
EricTheBiking!
Worked beautifully!!
Best regards,
Martin

You're all very welcome. I'm so happy this little thing that started 12 years ago now has all these awesome people using it. And I can't believe 484 of you nutters are signed up for this challenge...... astounding.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this thread. I am 12 miles away from running 200km in December.

A 15 miler on Monday helped with those numbers. I plan on doing 9 miles on Sun and probably 5 tomorrow, but I need a break Monday. I will have run 50+ miles this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, after 3.5 years in triathlon I believe you are on to something with the 100/100 challenge and thanks to the Strava integration it is easy to execute. Thanks again for helping me in the process of becoming a better triathlete. Perhaps highlighting the how to connect in the challenge will help more people to use this great tool!
Also slowtwitch has been an invaluable and trustworthy source of information in the last years.
Happy New Year and All the Best to the team in 2018!
Best regards,
Martin

Martin Hauske
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingFinn wrote:
Yesterday had to take a day off due to flu. Ran very easy on Tuesday even though I got the early symptoms of beginning illness. Wednesday felt slightly worse so I decided to take a day off. It was anyway a whole day of driving with my family back home from Christmas festivities. Today (Thursday) jogged for 30 min very easily and felt ok. I try to make up for the missed run when I am feeling completely normal again. The plan for the comming days is to continue taking it very easy, rest if feeling gets worse and otherwise just jog. Luckily I am spending this and the next week on a little holiday with the kids.

Impressed if you are doing with the flu. My wife and others in the family have it, and boy are they sick!!! And it is taking a long time to get over. Keeping my fingers crossed I do not get it.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
nad wrote:

Decided to split it into a medium run, short recovery run, and regular long run.

Knocked out 11 miles this morning. 5 tomorrow, then 17 on Sunday should do it. I'll split Sunday into 2 runs if necessary.

Ended up doing 3 more super slow with my wife yesterday afternoon. Did 4 this morning so now have just 15 to do tomorrow.

I expected my cardio to be worse from being sick, but man my HR is super high for slow paces. And I also can’t believe how sore I am from just easy running. Ugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the entire migration of the log in the midst of last year's challenge.....hopefully this year the challenge has been only athletically challenging and not technically challenging from an IT/programming angle!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Impressed if you are doing with the flu. My wife and others in the family have it, and boy are they sick!!! And it is taking a long time to get over. Keeping my fingers crossed I do not get it.

Obviously I am not as sick as your family. I would describe this as relatively mild case of flu.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was -5 F with a terrible wind-chill, so I drove an hour from my In-Laws to a Y in Cedar Rapids. Got my run in on their indoor track and added an hour swim to boot (really nice facility). Alas today's weather is every bit as bad and tomorrow will be far worse and I'm not sure I can repeat the trip to CR. Does running in place count?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingFinn wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Obviously I am not as sick as your family. I would describe this as relatively mild case of flu.

Looks like I am out. I was wondering how they were all sick, but not me. Well, I have the flu now so no exercise for a while. Guess it is one way to break running when it is right,
rather than because I feel I have to. Made the 100/100 last year, but looks like not in the cards this year.

This flu is nasty stuff. Just hoping to get well enough to leave for Disneyland in 3 days.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
nad wrote:

Ended up doing 3 more super slow with my wife yesterday afternoon. Did 4 this morning so now have just 15 to do tomorrow.

I expected my cardio to be worse from being sick, but man my HR is super high for slow paces. And I also can’t believe how sore I am from just easy running. Ugh.

Gotter done this morning with a nice 15 miler. I’m going to take tomorrow off to recovery a bit then hopefully be able to have a normal week next week with track, tempo and long runs back on target.

Also almost cracked back into the top 25 for distance even missing 7 straight days. I guess my new goal for this challenge is to get back into the top 10 for distance by the end of it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not as cold as your place, but to get my run done today I had to layer up with base turtleneck, fluffy hoodie, windbreaker, shorts, wool socks and hat, wind stopper pants and double layer gloves. No end to the cold in sight for at least the next ten days. Brrrrr.....

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought a Sole treadmill on Dec 12th... still waiting on delivery!! So yeah, I'm still running outside. 17 degrees here on Long Island, so not as cold as everywhere else -- but still cold! Bought a pair of the smartwool ski socks and boy do those socks really keep my feet warm.

Loving the Strava integration.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey crew, Happy New Year. Hopefully you have mega post hangover 100/100 induced self cleansing running till you drop on the agenda today. I took several days off running as the disc in my back was not behaving. I was able to do 5 super hard snowshoe runs (the wide platform of the snowshoes and the soft landing surface agrees with my nerve compression). So today I gave the treadmill a go, and was OK for shuffling around for 7K. My snowshoe runs were 60-90 min range, so legs are fine to go when the nerve behaves. Can't wait to get this surgery as it feels like it may offer a path back to a decent quality of life (which for me, means getting back to riding without leg spasms and jogging).

Keep trucking....day 18 almost done. Sorry I have not been that active. I have been working on starting a tech company so it's been an intense haul over the last 3+ months, so less ST time, more investor time LOL!

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next