Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First 10 days with one run per day. Had a nice Christmas eve morning run around the town I grew up in. Came here yesterday with my family to spend the holidays.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I could run that long in time for so few runs.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dang! the freezing rain has moved in. and more coming later this week! not pleased.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today's outside run turned into a Zwift run. It got really cold, really fast and my dog's feet can't handle it. I can't run without my running buddy. :(
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-19 Celsius. 34 minutes.

How people live in South Dakota is beyond me. Running north/northwest into the wind was ugly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curse you Dev. :) No way I would have run on the treadmill this morning at Christmas if not for this 100/100 challenge.

But, because of this again this year, it does get me running on days I would have wussed out.

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas. Mine all ended up sick so our Christmas went out the door. Oh well.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 11 and just logged 12th run by running to Mom’s for holiday festivities. Brilliant, actually. It focused the family’s conversation around how bad running is for you and how I’ll regret it someday. A much healthier conversation than our normal fare. This challenge has so many benefits. Ta ta for now. Gotta run back home.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Day 11 and just logged 12th run by running to Mom’s for holiday festivities. Brilliant, actually. It focused the family’s conversation around how bad running is for you and how I’ll regret it someday. A much healthier conversation than our normal fare. This challenge has so many benefits. Ta ta for now. Gotta run back home.

Yeah, running is bad for you like running is bad for the human race. Without running in case anyone did not notice this yet, the entire species would be extinct on account of not being able to run from predators or running to hunt food....but yeah, it MUST BE BAD, because you know, during evolutionary times, they just got in their SUV and drove to the grocery store to get shrink wrapped deer meat.....but whatever.

I did a few snowshoe runs the last few days. Today on Christmas I was breaking through knee deep snow and barely covered 10K in just sub 90 minutes, but my disc and nerve like the soft surface and wide platform and the zero pounding. Luckily my hip flexors and quads are conditioned from my 1200 km plus of swimming with a ton of dolphin kicking this year. Thanks for playing in the challenge guys. Merry Christmas and good health in 2018. Feels weird to type 2018 in that it felt weird to type 2000 back in 1999 and we're closing in on 1/5 of a century going by since then!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am amazed how many folks sign up and yet seem to never run. Barely 300 out of 470 running
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I am amazed how many folks sign up and yet seem to never run. Barely 300 out of 470 running

Shhhhh. I'm only aiming for 45 runs - all the non-runners are keeping me in the middle of the leaderboard.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience a lot of people sign up but they hate logging. Over the last 12 years I have talked to countless people who keep track on their own, but don't update the log here after a while. The main thing is we get people active. Of course better if they come on ST and log. Best is when they log and also participate in the thread....honestly if they don't log but run at participate in the thread I am still happy. I took some pics during my snowshoe run today with the intent of posting, but it was minus 15C and somewhere between my touching the frozen screen and the SD card, nothing got recorded....next time will keep the phone in a pocket in the front....the back pocket the snow just keeps filling up the pocket with the phone (that pocket must have had 2 lbs of snow in it by the time I pulled the phone out for pics today)!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

It's obviously messed up. I think a few people have put the minutes in the hours field. I'm thinking of adding a data quality hook for "crazy average pace" on the slow side as well as the fast side to help encourage folks to fix them.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

It's obviously messed up. I think a few people have put the minutes in the hours field. I'm thinking of adding a data quality hook for "crazy average pace" on the slow side as well as the fast side to help encourage folks to fix them.

-Eric

Clearly that is true, but If we had some super athletes, wanted to make sure they got credit :)

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

-Eric

Yes, and also with the strava integration you'll get people who drive home, and people who record skiing as runs, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

-Eric

Yes, and also with the strava integration you'll get people who drive home, and people who record skiing as runs, etc.

That reminds me to look at flagging. :^)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Shhhhh. I'm only aiming for 45 runs - all the non-runners are keeping me in the middle of the leaderboard.

Lol......+1 on this. My goal is to be in top 50% of the board (about 40-60 runs will cover). The caveat I use however is to toss out all the folks with zero runs and that tightens up the matrix a wee bit and makes the 50% cut line a little more challenging. So in my bizarre world, I need all the zero slugs to at least log one run and then go back to whatever it is they do........Carry on peeps!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [JapanDeac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JapanDeac wrote:
-19 Celsius. 34 minutes.

How people live in South Dakota is beyond me. Running north/northwest into the wind was ugly!

Just did 32 minutes in -2 F in Iowa. In yaktrax on snow but at least the breeze was light. Wish I'd brought my ski goggles and gloves.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Welp, I guess I’m already missing a day. Got some sort of crud going on. Hopefully I only miss a day.

Day 2 of no running. :(

Day 3 with no end in sight. I’m officially in freak out mode.

Aaaand another one. 🤦ðŸ¼â€â™‚ï¸

Welp this marks a full week of being sick. Wtf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took my second day off since December 15 but also had 2 double days - so I am back on par. Likely 2 tomorrow though.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Welp, I guess I’m already missing a day. Got some sort of crud going on. Hopefully I only miss a day.

Day 2 of no running. :(

Day 3 with no end in sight. I’m officially in freak out mode.

Aaaand another one. 🤦ðŸ¼â€â™‚ï¸

Welp this marks a full week of being sick. Wtf.

Alright, finally got some meds yesterday. I had figured I had the flu, but tested negative for that and strep. They gave me an inhaler for bronchitis, antibiotics for sinusitis and some pills for my terrible cough. Feeling better this morning for sure, so I'm going to give it a go on the treadmill at lunch.

I need 45 miles in the next 5 days to hit 2,000 for 2017. I will die trying to make that happen lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't feeling to well yesterday and didn't run. Last night I spent most of time vomiting and shitting everything out I had inside me. Feeling better now but still a slight fever and haven't had any solid food today. I hope it will pass soon and I should be back on me feet for a run on Friday!

The upside is is that the weight gain from all the Christmas food is completely gone :D
Last edited by: TriStart: Dec 27, 17 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Challenge going good so far. Think I'm 11 for 10. Had to slow things down a bunch because I went for a 50k run on day one or two, but had a hamstring flare up from having to out run a dog a week prior.
Major kudos to all the cold weather participants. South Florida is perfect for winter running, but we do pay for it all the other seasons.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the best way to lose that extra weight!!

I'm not sick - but my littlest is. Two sleepless nights and I really don't feel like running today. But I skipped yesterday, so I feel obligated to hit the treadmill tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the snow is so pure and white you don't need a headlamp on the trails after dark..

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell run..

Sunsets along a trail past river and park..

..and post-run snow angels just for fun (at -16c/3f with -27c/-17f wind chill)

The challenge started on a scheduled rest day for me, but I've put in 14 runs in the 10 days since then - 6 in the 4 days over Christmas weekend. Should give me a bit of a cushion for my Friday rest days, but will likely continue with at least 1 double run day per week.

Sure happy both my mum and my husband bought me some new cold weather tights and pants - temps aren't predicted to rise above -10c/14f for the next 2 weeks.

Quote | Reply
the easiest diet! lol

Managed an easy hour on the t-mill at lunch. I've never been more excited to run on a treadmill! lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next