Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t wait to train on Christmas Day just like Daley Thompson. Unlike Daley however looks like I won’t be smug knowing all my competitors are sat on the sofa at home...I’m already outside the top 100 with a lot of work to do
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good! Not a big deal at all just didn't want to be missing a step somewhere.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 172 run streak of avoiding treadmills came to an end today, with crappy Dallas weather. Damn I hate the dreadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 for 5 today.

Didn’t go into this with a set goal, but am trying to use it as motivation to get out and run if I feel good. Consistency is my problem, we will see where we end up.

Terrible runner just trying to feel better and run better.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sloggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sloggy wrote:
Can’t wait to train on Christmas Day just like Daley Thompson. Unlike Daley however looks like I won’t be smug knowing all my competitors are sat on the sofa at home...I’m already outside the top 100 with a lot of work to do

Well let's get Sir Daley Thompson out for a 100/100 run on Christmas day.....from LA 1984, when he on top of the track world (sorry Carl Lewis). Here he is and to his left Juergen Hingsen (I am probably the only one on this thread that remembers these guys) and Dave Steen (Canada, far right in image, eventually bronze at Seoul 1988)...LA coloseum Olympic Decathlon 1500m finish

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 19, 17 18:21
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Sloggy wrote:

Well let's get Sir Daley Thompson out for a 100/100 run on Christmas day.....from LA 1984, when he on top of the track world (sorry Carl Lewis). Here he is and to his left Juergen Hingsen (I am probably the only one on this thread that remembers these guys) and Dave Steen (Canada, far right in image, eventually bronze at Seoul 1988)...LA coloseum Olympic Decathlon 1500m finish

Funny I was actually in the coliseum that day in 1984. He stopped running at the end of the 1500 because he wasn't going to break the world record.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, I guess I’m already missing a day. Got some sort of crud going on. Hopefully I only miss a day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a mild hamstring strain during an exercise class this morning. Should I rest it or do an easy shuffle around the track for 30 min tonight?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rest. Nobody wants to be injured.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [sdrthedj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught a case of the early winter crud. Today's run, while easy pace and HR, felt hard. Ain't got time to get sick now!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Sloggy wrote:

I'm sure plenty of others remember Dev it was only the 80s !

I'm from the UK and that period was a golden age especially at middle distance with Ovett Coe, Cram and Elliott.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Sloggy wrote:

I'm sure plenty of others remember Dev it was only the 80s !

I'm from the UK and that period was a golden age especially at middle distance with Ovett Coe, Cram and Elliott.

Coe vs Cram vs Ovett...just for the 100/100 track guys. I was a huge fan of those guys:

My 100/100 participation may be limited to this. I was doing some treadmill shuffling the last few months, but I think my disc/nerve has acted up again and I get these uncontrollable spasms that stop me dead in my next stride (imagine an uncontrollable calf cramp). I guess I am stuck back in the pool and just cheering you guys and doing core work and swimming until the surgeon cuts me open. This is really weird but since the original disc injury, I have gone through months of running decently, then stuck doing nothing at all for months and then things start working again and I can jog....oh well. Keep pushing guys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7/7. First week of the challenge completed. Roads covered in slush, foggy and temperature barely above 0°C. Would have taken a photo of today's run but my phone turned off the minute I turned on the camera app. No photos for you then.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Welp, I guess I’m already missing a day. Got some sort of crud going on. Hopefully I only miss a day.

Day 2 of no running. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After years of Slowtwitch inactivity (and falling off the triathlon bandwagon), it's great to be back. I'm at 10 runs in 8 days (I'm a day ahead of many of you in Japan), but heading to South Dakota tomorrow. Could be some ugly runs in some ugly weather ahead. I predict more than one run of 30:01 over the next 7 days.....

If I get out in some truly epic weather - which is always possible in SoDak - I'll post pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Day 3 with no end in sight. I’m officially in freak out mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 3 with no end in sight. I’m officially in freak out mode. //

Well I got #4 in 7 days in, my plan was never to run every day but every other one. Now at some point I will miss a day for whatever reason, or I will actually get fit enough to fill in some consecutive runs. But I built it in that I'm only shooting for a 30 to 50 run completion, that way I won't freak out, perhaps hit my goals, and be in a position to exceed them even..

All treadmill runs thus far, last one I put in a 1% grade, will bump it up as my HR gets fitter..

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

I’m not really freaking out about this challenge, just not being able to train with IMTX looming. This run block I’ve been on has given me ridiculous gains and I hope I don’t lose too much.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still getting out there every day, but no doubles yet. And this next week is going to be tough - lots of travel and 5 days in Santa Fe. Temps in the teens will be a new experience for this San Diegan.

Anyone got any good Santa Fe running routes?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
low goals here too, and i got a cold before the challenge started so hopefully i got that squared away.

now they have freezing rain in the forecast, so i better get another run in tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 runs in first 7 days not bad for an old man. I am hope to do at least 50 runs, most easy but once a week a hard hill run.
Last year I thought I was in good running shape but was always left behind in the hills, next year maybe I can stay with them.
Merry Christmas to all internet running freinds.
Oldswed
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [JapanDeac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JapanDeac wrote:
After years of Slowtwitch inactivity (and falling off the triathlon bandwagon), it's great to be back. I'm at 10 runs in 8 days (I'm a day ahead of many of you in Japan), but heading to South Dakota tomorrow. Could be some ugly runs in some ugly weather ahead. I predict more than one run of 30:01 over the next 7 days.....

If I get out in some truly epic weather - which is always possible in SoDak - I'll post pictures.

Any pics of Japan guy running in South Dakota yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cold and snowing today. 8 completed through 9 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Day 3 with no end in sight. I’m officially in freak out mode.

Aaaand another one. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am holding steady now 10 runs in 9 days. But goal is maybe 75/100
Quote Reply

Prev Next