Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I think I couldn't see it when I wasn't logged in. Or who knows . Anyway, I appreciate the help!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strava chopped 10 seconds off my run. It is 30:04 on my garmin and in garminconnect, but 29:54 in Strava. I set up the auto sync so it isn't showing up in the challenge (because it is under 30:00). Is there anyway I can fix this? Or correct it in Strava?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
CalamityJane88 wrote:
I need some really basic help. After I log into the site, I can't find the page with the list challenges unless I go back to the article about 100/100 and click the link. Where is the quick and easy link to the 100/100 challenge?

http://log.slowtwitch.com/challenges/list

It is the last one on the list at the bottom. You have to be an ST forum member to use the log. The entire process should be sub 2 minutes. Since you posted on this thread, it means you are already an ST forum member, so you just have to click on the "enroll" tab above the 100/100 challenge

When I click that link it takes me to the right page, but also logs me out. When I log in it I can see the log in page briefly, my pw manager fills everything in and I'm automatically taken to the start of the forum, when I click through to the site, or copy the url, I'm not logged in anymore.
When I did manage to get to the challenge page while logged in, nothing happens when I click 'enroll'. Using the latest version of firefox.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sammie wrote:
Strava chopped 10 seconds off my run. It is 30:04 on my garmin and in garminconnect, but 29:54 in Strava. I set up the auto sync so it isn't showing up in the challenge (because it is under 30:00). Is there anyway I can fix this? Or correct it in Strava?

Thanks!

Just manually enter the run if you want credit. I don't think Ericthebiking can help you if Stava cut your run "short". Next time all you Strava guys to be "safe", just run a bit longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sammie wrote:

Thanks!

Just manually enter the run if you want credit. I don't think Ericthebiking can help you if Stava cut your run "short". Next time all you Strava guys to be "safe", just run a bit longer.

Strava will autopause your run whether you like it or not. So if you took a 30s pee break or whatever but left your garmin running (don't have autopause on), strava will see that you weren't moving and subtract that from your run.

Strangely, when you run on the treadmill it's the opposite. If you take a 5 min break in the middle of the run and pause your garmin, strava will add those 5 minutes onto your run and reduce your average pace.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sammie wrote:

Thanks!
Same here. I ran 30:04 (shown correctly on GC) and Strava conveniently shortened it to 29:59. I made no stops and am not sure why it does that. I'll just manually edit it once the sync with Strava is done.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need David to get on here and shout at you guys and say, "stop spending so much time worrying about recording your runs and editing files......just friggin RUN LONGER rather than spending that time in front of a computer wondering what software is mucking up you recording" sheeeesh people, the challenge is about actually exercising vs recording exercising (think about the difference between the sale guy making money to actually make the company healthy vs the finance guy playing number shenanigans to report nice values to Wall Street)....the main thing is taking care of getting healthier/stronger.....not the recording!

OK rant mode off.

Today, I am putting in print that I WILL NOT run. My body will benefit from a break after two days of really hard hammering on snowshoes where my cardio, hip flexors and quads are screaming and I hardly get any "mileage" credit on this challenge...that's what you get for running with weights on your feet in quicksand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're already making me sorry I joined this thing. Can you lighten up? FFS, it's a couple of people talking about how Strava cuts off time.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
sammie wrote:

Thanks!

Same here. I ran 30:04 (shown correctly on GC) and Strava conveniently shortened it to 29:59. I made no stops and am not sure why it does that. I'll just manually edit it once the sync with Strava is done.

The 100/100 challenge gods must look down upon those going for the bare minimum. Now, it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian, for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a terrific smile.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88 wrote:
I need some really basic help. After I log into the site, I can't find the page with the list challenges unless I go back to the article about 100/100 and click the link. Where is the quick and easy link to the 100/100 challenge?

Hey, welcome! The easiest way to get to the challenges is to visit the training log home page, which is linked on the main ST page under "Training" -> "Training Log". This will take you to http://log.slowtwitch.com/ -- http://training.slowtwitch.com/ also works -- and from there it will automatically create your login and sign you in with your slowtwitch user ID.

From there, go to the challenges page and find the 100/100.

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
Still don't seem to be able to enroll. I hit 'enroll' but nothing happens. Same as about 10 days ago.

Hey TriStart! Are you logged into the training log? It should show "Welcome, TriStart" at the top right of the page. If so, the enroll button should work unless you have javascript turned off. When you click enroll, it should reload the page when the request comes back affirmatively from the server.

If you can't get in, PM me and I'll dig deeper. It should be pretty straightforward.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sammie wrote:

Thanks!

Hey sammie,

Strava reports two times for activities: the total (elapsed) time and the moving time. For now the log picks up the moving time. To be 100% sure that you get 30 minutes moving time you'd always want to go a little over.

Now, having said that, if I were you I'd just bump the workout in the log up to 30:04 in this case. That's really stupid and you shouldn't lose the run.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric, tried in Chrome and it did work there. I guess java in Firefox isn't switched on. Connected it to Strava and first 3 runs are in (did a 5k park run on Saturday but that took me less than 30 min, I would go over with the 1k warmup, but that was about 5 min before the start). Aiming for 70-80 runs.
Last edited by: TriStart: Dec 18, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriStart wrote:
Thanks Eric, tried in Chrome and it did work there. I guess java in Firefox isn't switched on. Connected it to Strava and first 3 runs are in (did a 5k park run on Saturday but that took me less than 30 min, I would go over with the 1k warmup, but that was about 5 min before the start). Aiming for 70-80 runs.

That's great, congrats! Welcome to the challenge.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
sammie wrote:

Thanks!

The 100/100 challenge gods must look down upon those going for the bare minimum. Now, it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian, for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a terrific smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SNEdjftno
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

What I do while watching college basketball on the treadmill is that I run for my 30 minutes, THEN keep going at least until the next commercial break/media time out, i.e., the first dead ball after 4-minute intervals (beyond the 16:00, 12:00, 8:00 and 4:00 minute mark of each half)

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The steadiest runner must be H2OFun who has 6 out of his last 10 runs exactly at 30 minutes and 4.17 miles. Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The steadiest runner must be H2OFun who has 6 out of his last 10 runs exactly at 30 minutes and 4.17 miles. Wow.

Could be treadmill set at 8.34 miles per hour...that should be 7:12 per mile. Not sure how you set it for 8:34 but that could be the average of two speeds or a few speeds between warmup, some sections at faster speed and then cooling down?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dare you to duplicate that :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't seem like my workouts are automatically syncing to the Slowtwitch log from Strava. Not exactly sure how long it should take from the time I upload my workouts into Strava before they will show up in the log but so far I have had to go into my profile and click the "Synchronize Now" buttom each time. Is that what I will need to do each time or am I missing something? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pauli might be busy with being a member of Finnish parliament and all but one can always try. :-D
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:

Ran in -20 today here in Eastern Canada so your -3 is balmy-ish:)
Where is oulu to Lahti? I’m there in Lahti next July visiting friends .

You are right, it is balmy still. We get -20°C usually in Jan-Feb.

Oulu is about 500 km north from Lahti. My name is also on the participants list for IM70.3 Lahti next summer.
So far I have been only running but there is still time to get things rolling.

5th day of the challenge. Still did only about 30 min run but these last two runs have been feeling ok and the flu is subsiding. Maybe next run will be somewhat longer. My biggest weakness over the years has been consistency so I try to moderate myself this time.
Last edited by: FlyingFinn: Dec 19, 17 4:44
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am all about instant gratification. So I manually upload. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not missing anything. There's no auto sync. You've got to hit synchronize after every workout. Better than entering the workout without data though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
It doesn't seem like my workouts are automatically syncing to the Slowtwitch log from Strava. Not exactly sure how long it should take from the time I upload my workouts into Strava before they will show up in the log but so far I have had to go into my profile and click the "Synchronize Now" buttom each time. Is that what I will need to do each time or am I missing something? Thanks!

Hey, Fuzzy, it's not automatic yet. For now, just click Synchronize Now from time to time.

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply

Prev Next