Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this on again Dev.
Any update on sinking our workouts to Strava?

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:
Thanks for putting this on again Dev.
Any update on sinking our workouts to Strava?

It's in place. So far it just pulls the last two weeks worth of workouts from Strava to the log. Click on the "Welcome (yourname)" link and visit Strava Integration.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
I clicked on the enroll button yesterday. Did it again now. Is something supposed to change? Is the enroll button supposed to go away or change color?

Well, yes. The request to enroll you will be submitted to the server, you will be enrolled, and the page will reload, showing instead of Enroll, a button titled "Leave".

-Eric

Okay, I click on it a whole bunch of times and it finally changed to leave.

Thanks

These buttons, enroll / leave, invoke a one-line ajax request which is backed by a three-line bit of code on the back end. Whether there is an error or not, it reloads the page with javascript when it completes. If you did click on the button multiple times, and it did not reload any of those times, the request failed on your browser. Did you have javascript disabled, or were you on a really slow or unreliable connection, perhaps (e.g. cellular network with one bar sort of thing)? Were you using a mobile browser instead of a desktop one? Was there any kind of error in your browser's console?

I'm glad it finally worked for you, though.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,
I am just trying to play by the rules. If the rules are a 15 minute run followed by a 45 minute run the following day counts, I will count it. Will the challenge software allow an individual to record a 15 minute run?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
Dev,
I am just trying to play by the rules. If the rules are a 15 minute run followed by a 45 minute run the following day counts, I will count it. Will the challenge software allow an individual to record a 15 minute run?

Not to stir any kind of pot here, but to restate from my side:

No. There is no such provision made. The challenge software picks up runs of 30 minutes minimum. If you are going to do 15 minutes and then 45 minutes, you're going to have to fudge your numbers (which in my mind is bad form).

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year, if I ever needed to do the 15 minute/45 minute running I would just post both runs as 30 minute runs on separate days once I had completed both. A little harder now that things are integrated into Strava (if you do it that way) since I'm not sure if you're able to edit workouts on the Slowtwitch log that came in from Strava.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you, but if the rules say it counts, it counts. It’s like the Electoral College. You may not like it, but if you’re running for President, you better understand the rules. Thanks for the explanation.

EricTheBiking wrote:
imsparticus wrote:
Dev,

Not to stir any kind of pot here, but to restate from my side:

No. There is no such provision made. The challenge software picks up runs of 30 minutes minimum. If you are going to do 15 minutes and then 45 minutes, you're going to have to fudge your numbers (which in my mind is bad form).

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 2, second run of the challenge completed here in Oulu, Finland. So far have only been doing short 30 min runs really slow due to a slight flu. Weather has been pretty standard for this time of year; Roads covered in ice and snow, -3°C. In addition it's dark most of the time. Good luck to all challenge participants!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started again, Dev.

4th year for me. Hoping to get to 100 again. Not sure I got there last year (had some pesky injuries in Jan), but I've done it before. Will be a challenge with a new job in a new industry (longer hours, at least for now). Doubles might not happen often, so I'll need to be sure to get out there every day.

Boston training started Monday, so this is a well-timed challenge for me. Looking forward to following everyone's training and chasing the leaders.

Go run!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for playing along. Looks like we have Pauli Kiuru (8:14 Kona 93 or so) playing along for a few runs too as well as Scott Molina (89 Kona winner)....not sure if they are logging.

For day 2, what I did was 45 min snowshoe run. Snow was only around 10 cm deep with the firmness of the golf course underneath, so it was a "faster" snowshoe run. This was my first workout outdoors since back in August at the outdoor pool, as I have been mainly doing swims and weights and some treadmill shuffling. But doing out on snowshoes with the wide platform and soft surface, my disc issues are almost not a problem. In any case, did 5K with a bunch of hills. Was really nice to actually work out in nature for a change with sunlight. I just realized it is almost 4 months since I had any direct sunlight other than going from office to car and car to pool.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Y'Know, I'm a big Dev fan, and I'm all about inclusion and shit, and he's making it so easy for people to succeed here

But, seriously, all these nit-picky "does this count?" kinda questions are really pushing me to to wussification side

If you can't do 30 minutes today ... just take a fucking ZERO

Dilly dilly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what Pauli Kiuru wrote for me on fb:

"I do 1 - 2 runs / week. One 3 km swim, one weight training session. Not much, but definitely better than nothibg. And yes - at least once a week stretching."

Should we send him back some old fashioned ST smack and tell him that Molina is running 7x per week, swimming 5x per week, and biking 1000x per week and he better get on the program ASAP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
day 2: 5.5 miles or so in 45 minutes on Chicago's Lakefront Trail. Stuff noticed en route: below-knee amputee runner, brick-sized block of ice, runner in a green top that I could not catch (should happen a lot, but actually doesn't), lots of sun, and the awesome dream-shaped downtown of Chicago, the best in North America (and perhaps, anywhere).

downtempo emotional caveat: running like this when you're hanging in a hotel room with your daughter whose hip has just been chiseled/sawn apart (peri-acetabular osteotomy) is ... different. This is her second hip to undergo a PAO and the best guess is that she will never run again. She was a very accomplished high school & college rower, but who knows what awaits her in the future. Cycling? Nothing?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [FlyingFinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingFinn wrote:
Day 2, second run of the challenge completed here in Oulu, Finland. So far have only been doing short 30 min runs really slow due to a slight flu. Weather has been pretty standard for this time of year; Roads covered in ice and snow, -3°C. In addition it's dark most of the time. Good luck to all challenge participants!

Ran in -20 today here in Eastern Canada so your -3 is balmy-ish:)
Where is oulu to Lahti? I’m there in Lahti next July visiting friends .
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Y'Know, I'm a big Dev fan, and I'm all about inclusion and shit, and he's making it so easy for people to succeed here

But, seriously, all these nit-picky "does this count?" kinda questions are really pushing me to to wussification side

If you can't do 30 minutes today ... just take a fucking ZERO

Dilly dilly

X1000

This Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
FlyingFinn wrote:

Ran in -20 today here in Eastern Canada so your -3 is balmy-ish:)
Where is oulu to Lahti? I’m there in Lahti next July visiting friends .

I will head out for another round of snow shoe running today. My quads are totally sore from all the lifting, but my hip flexors are OK from all the dolphin kicking I have been doing in the pool. Even when I am "sprinting" on snowshoes, I am barely going at 9-10 kph, but then I need a shuffle jog. Yesterday only did 5K in 45 min. Today should be faster since I can run on my tracks from yesterday! I will be back on the treadmill shuffle on Monday. Minus 18C here, but bright sun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm only doing the challenge to motivate myself to be consistent, but it still irks me when people don't follow the rules. Doing two 30 min runs in 1.5hours really shouldn't count. And doing it two days in a row is just sad.

If you are willing to cheat at a silly run challenge, what else are you willing to cheat at?

This is also the first year I've paid attention to the challenge, so maybe it's just par for the course?

I'm only aiming for 45 runs - so it really doesn't affect me.
Last edited by: edbikebabe: Dec 17, 17 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are really doing that? Wow. Just wow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need some really basic help. After I log into the site, I can't find the page with the list challenges unless I go back to the article about 100/100 and click the link. Where is the quick and easy link to the 100/100 challenge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for setting this up, Dev. Last time I tried was 2014, and a bad back took me out just over 50. This time I'm out of shape and demotivated, so hoping this gets me back into things. Starting two days late probably not the best sign!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the banner at the top go to “Training” -> “training log”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still don't seem to be able to enroll. I hit 'enroll' but nothing happens. Same as about 10 days ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, my first time ever in this challenge, guess I wasn't running very much even back a decade or so. But its been more than a few years since I did any type of running, so I'm pumped for this now, so thanks.

It is going to be a bit dicey as I'm starting out at 181lbs, so I will be doing most runs on the treadmill with my Hokas. Did #2 today, gonna try and do every other day(swimming on the days in-between), but I'm already super sore just from day 1, so will monitor the nigglies I'm feeling. Hopefully just big muscle soreness and I can strengthen all the little bits before I attempt any real type of pace. Gonna do a weight loss at the same time too, so hopefully a dozen pounds will feel better a month or two from now...
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Hey Dev, my first time ever in this challenge, guess I wasn't running very much even back a decade or so. But its been more than a few years since I did any type of running, so I'm pumped for this now, so thanks.

It is going to be a bit dicey as I'm starting out at 181lbs, so I will be doing most runs on the treadmill with my Hokas. Did #2 today, gonna try and do every other day(swimming on the days in-between), but I'm already super sore just from day 1, so will monitor the nigglies I'm feeling. Hopefully just big muscle soreness and I can strengthen all the little bits before I attempt any real type of pace. Gonna do a weight loss at the same time too, so hopefully a dozen pounds will feel better a month or two from now...

Well if you stick on the 100/100 plan coupled with the cabbage and water diet with a good dosage of olive oil and espressos as your only source of calories, we'll get you down to looking like this guy:

He might tell you that you are a loser for running in anything other than Nike Air Mariah's but what does that guy know anyone about being an old dude trying to get fit again?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88 wrote:
I need some really basic help. After I log into the site, I can't find the page with the list challenges unless I go back to the article about 100/100 and click the link. Where is the quick and easy link to the 100/100 challenge?

http://log.slowtwitch.com/challenges/list

It is the last one on the list at the bottom. You have to be an ST forum member to use the log. The entire process should be sub 2 minutes. Since you posted on this thread, it means you are already an ST forum member, so you just have to click on the "enroll" tab above the 100/100 challenge
Quote Reply

Prev Next