Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something is wonky with the leaderboard. I'm in 43rd place and I have 1 run logged. I should be at least above the zero people. This is my one day where I have a chance to be near the top and it is busted.

...it seems to be sorting ranking by the order we all signed up for the challenge and not by the count (even though it looks like it is supposed to be sorted by count).

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first year doing the challenge, hoping to break 80.
I started a bit early, and today was 13 runs of the last 12 days. It will be a little adjustment though, because about 3x a week, I do and 'easy 3' run, which will now need to bump up to 3.5ish.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Something is wonky with the leaderboard. I'm in 43rd place and I have 1 run logged. I should be at least above the zero people. This is my one day where I have a chance to be near the top and it is busted.

...it seems to be sorting ranking by the order we all signed up for the challenge and not by the count (even though it looks like it is supposed to be sorted by count).

Hey I just noticed this as well. The new SQL method is causing the order by to be ignored, so it's stuck in signup order. I'm working on this today and you should vault up to your proper place shortly. Stand by!!!

In the meantime I will enjoy my very short day in the sun. :-D

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - I am headed out the door!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted a 30min run into my Run log but it's not showing up on the Challenge. Did I do something wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run 1 complete. I've logged only 900 miles thus far this year, so I need to be aiming for Bronze level. The challenge will be the Type A in me will want to be going for Platinum.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, sorting doesn't work. Nothing happens when you click the column heading even though the sort direction arrow changes/

SLOgoing wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikeyG wrote:
I posted a 30min run into my Run log but it's not showing up on the Challenge. Did I do something wrong?

Hey Mikey, welcome, no, you did everything right. However, >I< did something wrong, that is, I had the new leaderboard checking for duration GREATER THAN 1800 seconds (30 minutes exactly), and not GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. So your 30 minutes precisely logged workout was dropped, along with 4 others. Sorry! I fixed it.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Yup, sorting doesn't work. Nothing happens when you click the column heading even though the sort direction arrow changes/

SLOgoing wrote:

Yeah the new leaderboard code was a little bit weird about how it did ordering. I've fixed it. Woohoo!

Next thing is to get the Platinum / Gold / Silver / Bronze tracking in place.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
MikeyG wrote:

Hey Mikey, welcome, no, you did everything right. However, >I< did something wrong, that is, I had the new leaderboard checking for duration GREATER THAN 1800 seconds (30 minutes exactly), and not GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. So your 30 minutes precisely logged workout was dropped, along with 4 others. Sorry! I fixed it.

-Eric

I do not see my 30:00 run for today. Is in my log, but not in the list

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

You do need to enroll in the challenge in order to be part of the leaderboard.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

You do need to enroll in the challenge in order to be part of the leaderboard.

-Eric

I clicked on the enroll button yesterday. Did it again now. Is something supposed to change? Is the enroll button supposed to go away or change color?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nevermind.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Dec 15, 17 15:45
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I clicked on the enroll button yesterday. Did it again now. Is something supposed to change? Is the enroll button supposed to go away or change color?

Well, yes. The request to enroll you will be submitted to the server, you will be enrolled, and the page will reload, showing instead of Enroll, a button titled "Leave".

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Well, yes. The request to enroll you will be submitted to the server, you will be enrolled, and the page will reload, showing instead of Enroll, a button titled "Leave".

-Eric

Okay, I click on it a whole bunch of times and it finally changed to leave.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

With regard to the following rule, when does the week start? Saturday? Sunday? Monday?

“New in 2015-16 was an allowance for 2x per week minimum run of 15 minutes which must be followed up by 45 run the next day. ”

Does the 15 minute run and 45 minute run need to be in the same week?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y'Know, I'm a big Dev fan, and I'm all about inclusion and shit, and he's making it so easy for people to succeed here

But, seriously, all these nit-picky "does this count?" kinda questions are really pushing me to to wussification side

If you can't do 30 minutes today ... just take a fucking ZERO

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
Dev,

With regard to the following rule, when does the week start? Saturday? Sunday? Monday?

“New in 2015-16 was an allowance for 2x per week minimum run of 15 minutes which must be followed up by 45 run the next day. ”

Does the 15 minute run and 45 minute run need to be in the same week?

What Randmart said....honor rule....take any 7 day rolling interval and make sure in the last 7 days you did not go over....everyone good with that? I'd personally go with Mon-Sun as a fairly standard training week since typically we finish races on Sunday or major workouts on Sunday and then start the "new week"....that would be my common sense approach to a self policed rule set, but hey, no one is checking on ya, so do whatever you can look yourself in the mirror for. It's like my Epicman LP training day....it is supposed to be 3K swim 180K bike 21K run, but if you want to course cut, use fins, dope, draft, use a built in motor, hop a non existent Lake Placid subway and cut the run course.....well, you can get the finisher medal too, as it sits in the bottom of the personal medal case that will get thrown out by your family when you die anyway, so really it's all about what we all want to do to get the achievement. So to sum it up, no one is checking on any of us and its a matter of what we do when the coach is not looking.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

ETA: UNLESS you are someone who can bang out a sub-30 5K, unlike those Gallow-walking BOP hobby joggers who think 5Ks are "too hard, because you're supposed to do them fast" and are perfectly content to "finish" their marathons sometime before 4:00 [4PM, not 4 hours]

I've always advocated a binary 30 minute/5K threshold; no wiggle room

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not long ago, I posted the following

RandMart wrote:
I use two rules of thumb to keep myself in check: 1) the Alice Cooper/Warren Zevon guideline I posted earlier and 2) if you find yourself sneaking or covering up

By that token, knowing exactly how many miles I need to run to achieve a certain weekly/monthly goal, to maintain a streak or what have you [equivalent to #1 above], or going out for a 10 miler when D'Girls are still sleeping on a weekend morning but only admitting to a 5K [see #2] could be perceived as "a running problem"

I guess I could be considered an Endorphin Addict, and as I've said before: Endorphin Withdrawal is a terrible thing to experience, and horrible to watch

Today was kinda snowy, and when I dropped D'Kid off at work at 3PM, it really ramped up. It was the sort of snow here in South Jersey that stupid people do stupid things, and it would be stupid to be on the road more than you need to be, as that increases the odds that something stupid is gonna happen to you [and if something stupid happens to you & your car, D'Kid is stuck]

Still, I went to the gym, to get my workout in on the TM, because I didn't want to start 0-for-1

Anyway, I got in, flirted with the desk girl [as well as I could, anyway], did my miles, flirted with the desk girl again, got out, hit the supermarket & liquor store [flirted with my favorite counter girl], and got home in plenty of time to finish the rest of my "day-off" tasks - Xmas bows, lights, cleaning D'House for D'Wife's Xmas brunch Sunday

When I picked up D'Kid at 6PM she asked "How was the gym?"

"I didn't go" I lied "Too sloppy and I didn't want to leave you stuck"

I may have a problem

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:

ETA: UNLESS you are someone who can bang out a sub-30 5K, unlike those Gallow-walking BOP hobby joggers who think 5Ks are "too hard, because you're supposed to do them fast" and are perfectly content to "finish" their marathons sometime before 4:00 [4PM, not 4 hours]

I've always advocated a binary 30 minute/5K threshold; no wiggle room

LOL...Mo Farah used a binary 30 min/10k theshold. It leaves him lots of time to jog around and do victory laps and qualify for the challenge thresholds.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and ... after years of absence, I return (hopefully) to 100/100. I've tried this three times before - made 100/100 one year, failed the other two and dropped out.

Back in 2004-2012, I was very active on ST and a very active racer. However, I've more or less given up organized training and racing for the last several years. Last winter my wife and I lived in our van in Europe (we're from Philadelphia), and she was on a build for the 50 mile trail championship in June. I did almost all her runs with her, all over southern Spain and parts of southern France. It was thrilling to see our weekly mileage climb, and to be able to run marathon+ distances without really thinking about it. It was also incredible to run in the Spanish coastal mountains, and also the French Alps near Grenoble (where we go stuck for a week). During April, We also did a couple of 50km trail races in the UK and one fell race in the Lake District there. The day after we flew back to the US, we ran 20 miles on a new (to us) trail on the edge of Philadelphia (Green Ribbon), and I barely noticed it. I like that sort of feeling.

Since then, however, my running has languished again. I'm bored with running near Philadelphia where I live. I also got a very nasty hip joint injury back in June (probably triggered by working on machines at the gym), and when this recurred about 5 weeks later, I just swore off any attempt to run again. However, I did do a little HIIT training at the gym and an occasional run here and there.

And now 100/100 is upon us again. My wife is doing it again, in preparation for her racing during 2018. She managed 100/100 back in 2011/2012. I thought I'd try it as a motivator. It might or might not work.

First day was hard ... I'm in Chicago, helping my daughter through major, major hip surgery (PAO). Went to the "fitness room" this morning because Chicago is a little cold (hello, Toronto!), but the only working treadmill was in use. Finally got to return to the unventilated hot box of a room at about 17:30 ... so hard to run on a treadmill without adequate ventilation, but got it done.

It's nice to be back, just hope I can stick it out. Goal: 100/100.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super duper welcome back to the endurance junkie zone exploited by the 100/100 lifestyle mafia. Your runs in coastal Spain and in Grenoble are highly approved....just imagine you are running repeats up to the Fort in Grenoble in Philly.

I did "one repeat" up to that fort in Dec 2014 at o-dark-thirty, then ran down, showered, got on the TGV and arrived in Paris for an afternoon biz meeting and then staying in a hotel in the 13e Arondissement from where, I jogged to the practice track at Stade Charlety for some 400 repeats with some local French track stars showing me the heels of their spikes. That was an epic double day around business and travel. Man, I have to say I have lived an awesome set of endurance adventures for an amateur in this lifespan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hah! Thanks Dev. You have indeed lived quite the life.

However, running up to the top (and I mean the top) of the hill where the fort is in Grenoble was perhaps the easiest run we did there. One day was a 26 mile self-directed trail marathon that featured just a mile in, a 2000' climb in 3 miles! We knew it would be steep but not that steep.

Trail running in Spain and France is just outstanding. The number of trails, along with the signage, really makes anything possible. Photos? Here are two highlights, the first from the "foothills" of the Spanish Pyrenees, the second from near Cabo de Gata, the very south-eastern corner of Spain.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 Runs 100 Days 2017-2018 Challenge Thread: Dec 15-Mar 23 [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you'll just have to visualize that is where you are running while in Philly. In the meantime, the rest of you guys running in nice places, can you please post pictures of the heroics. We are past the airing of the grievances phase into feats of strength. I want to seem some feats.
Quote Reply

Prev Next